Reactions to 2018/19 Itineraries

Travelcat2

Glad you were able to book the suite you wanted. It's always nice to have something special to look forward to. Mariner is a ship that you seem to settle into very easily. It has very nice public areas and we have always found staff and service to be excellent on board. Have a great cruise. Jean.

:confused:

I also don't think the script (ingenious...I was pretty sure this wasn't being done manually!) will work until they populate (or make accessible) the "Plan Your Cruise" link for the new cruises since that's what allows you to find both the Seven Seas Society discount and the air credit by setting the appropriate options. I'm assuming that information will be available on the 25th when they open the new cruises to booking.

Hi PortoIan you make reference to a discount for Seven Seas Society. Is this the savings that they apply to some cruises or do all members get a discount? We're Silver nearing Gold.

Thanks

:confused:

Hi PortoIan you make reference to a discount for Seven Seas Society. Is this the savings that they apply to some cruises or do all members get a discount? We're Silver nearing Gold.

Thanks

Hi, I can respond to that. All previous passengers get the discount on certain cruises. On their website click on Seven Seas Society, then "special savings" and it will show you the cruises that the discount is available. However, you can't tell the amount for that cruise or your cabin choice unless as Portolan says you use the "plan a cruise" option and see how it prices out. You don't need to complete the booking once you get the pricing information.

Regarding the Seven Seas Society discount, as taxare indicated, this is not on all cruises. Additionally, there are the discounts differ from cruise to cruise as well as what category of suite you are in.

For instance, someone in a Master or Grand Suite on itinerary that I checked could receive $850/person, while Seven Seas Suite and Voyager suites would receive $625/person, categories A-C $450/person, D-E $400/person and F-H $350/person.

Personally, I would not go through the trouble of doing a "pretend" booking (but would do so to check suite availability). Your TA could easily answer your question (note: I'm not a TA but have access to some of the information from my TA).

Hi, I can respond to that. All previous passengers get the discount on certain cruises. On their website click on Seven Seas Society, then "special savings" and it will show you the cruises that the discount is available. However, you can't tell the amount for that cruise or your cabin choice unless as Portolan says you use the "plan a cruise" option and see how it prices out. You don't need to complete the booking once you get the pricing information.

Thanks - I knew about the special savings, although I haven't used the plan a cruise check before. Glad we're not missing out on something :cool:

TC2 - can't work out how to add a 2nd quote (new to these boards), thanks for your input too.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there benefits to having my TA book a 2018 cruise or would I be better of doing with Cruise Consultant when I am on Explorer in March?

Thank you.

You should book on board to get the onboard booking benefits then have them send the booking to your TA and get thei TTs benefits as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are there benefits to having my TA book a 2018 cruise or would I be better of doing with Cruise Consultant when I am on Explorer in March?

Thank you.

Like rallydave said it's much better to book onboard and then transfer to your own TA.

You should book on board to get the onboard booking benefits then have them send the booking to your TA and get thei TTs benefits as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked our next one also for this year whilst on board. We were glad we did as we got our TA's discount too. Our cruise is now showing full other than one of the top suites but glad we did it on board.

Pam.

Thank you.

When you book onboard, it is automatically transferred to your TA. You would have to specifically ask the Cruise Consultant not to transfer it if that were your preference. There is nothing for you to do other than book. You will receive an onboard booking credit for booking onboard and, if the same promotion is still going on, you will receive a $100 OBC for the cruise you are currently on.

In my opinion, it is a no-brainer - book onboard and save $$$. Hope this helps:)

EXCEPT, when you are trying to book Cat H and it will be waitlisted by the time March rolls around.

Marc

Correct, but you could book it now and rebook it in March (but, as you indicated, not if the category is waitlisted). I do wonder how many category "H" suites there are (I guess I could look at the website and count). The most popular suites to book seems to be category "F" through "D" (my opinion is based on Explorer cruises that almost all categories booked yet category "G" is still available. I'm hoping that you can report some good news about that suite when you are on the Explorer in March.

Thank you.

Very helpful, as usual from CC Members - thank you Jackie, Pam, Rally Dave and Marq.

R

drib, thanks. Looks like my Mariner Sydney to Sydney is beaten out as highest per diem by preceding Auckland to Sydney. BTW, I think those $1000 Miami air savings are for World Cruise and Circle South America full cruise which include first class air. 2019 appears cheaper as you don't have expensive summer cruises.

Marc

Since there have been many negative reviews on the way Navigator performs in open seas, does anyone think another ship should be used for the world cruise?

The world cruise crosses many oceans and has many sea days.

Why would regent use a ship that could potentially have a sea sick crew and passengers.

I am concerned since I am thinking of the world cruise 2019.

Many think that another ship should be used. In the past the Voyager did these trips. IMO, the Mariner would be the best ship due to her stability but Regent has decided that the Navigator will do the world cruise again next year. Time will tell if they change their minds.

I have been following the world cruise on this forum and the blog from Rick and there is no way I would ever do that cruise on that ship. I would be puking my guts out for a whole month based on how the seas have been for them. I saw that 2018 is using the ship also, it doesn't seem like a great choice, but I'm sure financially it is.