leave a day early?

tomculb

Merely window shopping now, but we're giving some thought to a Greek islands cruise followed by a few days on Santorini. As it happens, one cruise spends it's last day there, followed by disembarkation in Athens the next morning. Wouldn't it be nice to simply disembark on the island the afternoon before the cruise ends, rather than hightail it to the airport to fly right back to where we just were. My fear is there's some reason why that's not allowed, but does anyone know?

Just to mention if you aren't aware, Santorini is a tender port and therefore will present some challenges as far as luggage etc and then a cable car up to the top.

Just take the mules. :D :p

Phil,

I guess I have no shame. :rolleyes:

Good morning

I notice you are posting on the Azamara thread. Which cruise are you going on as I have one booked? Not going to get into it but we both know why. Thank you in advance for replying.

Have a Blessed Day

Kathy

Merely window shopping now, but we're giving some thought to a Greek islands cruise followed by a few days on Santorini. As it happens, one cruise spends it's last day there, followed by disembarkation in Athens the next morning. Wouldn't it be nice to simply disembark on the island the afternoon before the cruise ends, rather than hightail it to the airport to fly right back to where we just were. My fear is there's some reason why that's not allowed, but does anyone know?

It is! It's often far cheaper to lose a night of cruising than arrange transport back to where you want to extend your time. Just be prepared to explain to the captain and staff that you are leaving for your own plans, because when we did this in Costa Rica, they were very concerned to ensure we weren't disgruntled in any way! ;)

FWIW, we've left a cruise one day early twice (Princess in Le Havre and Oceania in Quebec). In both cases we received permission in advance of the cruise and followed up once on board.

Both cases were wonderful. Relaxing morning on board and left at our leisure. The ship handled the luggage. We still paid gratuities for the last night which we were happy to do. These two times were the nicest disembarkations we've done among our many cruises.

Bruce