will PVP have a better rate than website?

stefyo

They have better access to seeing ALL deals available to members of your party. It saves me the time of having to check the rates using each of our VIP numbers.

Also, when we had a linked but separate booking with my parents, we were able to change dates, upgrade rooms, and even call in each other's price drops.

While I do all the research myself, I'll usually do a room hold and then call the PVP. We don't cruise that often unfortunately, but why not give these guys whatever credit/quota/etc that they get for booking us.

If I do get a PVP (and ive been transfer to a few over the years) that's particularly agressive about calling. I'll tell them my status. Just looking, won't be booking for xX amount of time, call me of XX date, or flat out don't call me. They usually listen.

I ALWAYS use a TA. An online one at that. And I ALWAYS have OBC along with great rates. This cruise coming up in June I have $300 OBC for each of the 2 cabins we're in which does not include the OBC from the Carnival CC we just got.

PVP is a fancy word for CSR. They work for Carnival, not you. They have no control over prices and their primary job is to sell product. That's why they call you 10 times after each log-in.

The secret is to tell the pvp how you wish to handle things.

Have always told our to never call unless he has something to tell us about an outstanding booking. We will call him when ready to book.

PVP is a fancy word for CSR. They work for Carnival, not you. They have no control over prices and their primary job is to sell product. That's why they call you 10 times after each log-in.

Not true. They are (for the most part) much more knowledgeable and can get things done a lot quicker and right the first time vs the regular CSRs that answer the 800 number. I call my PVP for everything and he makes it happen. He's been there since 1992 so knows what he is doing.

Oh and he never calls me either. If you have that issue, take out your phone number in your online profile. It doesn't get any easier than that.