Quick Silhouette 1/22 Western carribean review

psternklar

NOT urban legend. Disembarked Silhouette 8 Jan. 2017 guests were 'requested' to vacate cabins by 7am. LONG CC thread attests to this.

I am referring to this thread, the date on this thread's cruise is 1/22/2017.

Several people on this cruise (and on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52139615#post52139615 )have stated that suites did not have to be out by 7. If you read the responses on this thread, Celebrity itself came on another thread and stated that the vacate time is 8. I am not questioning any other cruise but this one specifically because the OP stated that just suites had to vacate by 7. That didn't sound right, I questioned it. People on the 1/22/17 who were in suites stated that they didn't have to vacate by 7. Are we good?

Do you remember what night they did the Top Chef menu? I'm going on the Silly in March and hoping to book a specialty restaurant for that night since the menu is not the best.

Is that the night they have the Beef Cheeks?:o:( That was awful.;)

Is that the night they have the Beef Cheeks?:o:( That was awful.;)

Yes it is. I heard a waiter this year tell the next table that this is not their best menu. I choose the everyday salmon this year, couldn't do the other options.

I was on the 1/22 cruise and I am still on board

My opinion differs

Production shows awful

Service fair

Food ok. I am in top suite and luminae outshines other venues. Even qsine and Tuscan grille below par We did enjoy sushi on five

Evening chic?? Sweats and baseball caps for more than half the passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the 1/22 cruise and I am still on board

My opinion differs

Production shows awful

Service fair

Food ok. I am in top suite and luminae outshines other venues. Even qsine and Tuscan grille below par We did enjoy sushi on five

Evening chic?? Sweats and baseball caps for more than half the passengers.

Forums

What a breath of fresh air... not.

Please. Get real- "Sweats and baseball caps for more than half the passengers." I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however that claim is not presented as opinion, but a matter of fact.

Fact is, that's just not true, now is it?

It's statements like this that cause your other comments to lose all credibility. My guess is you are negatively exaggerating on your critique about productions, service, and food as well.

I'd assume you were being sarcastic or joking, but I read your other posts as well.

I am also just off the Silhouette 1/22 cruise. We were in an aqua cabin and ate in Blu where both the food and service were very good. We also had dinner at both Qsine and the Lawn Club and really enjoyed both meals.

While I did not see many people in tuxes or even suits on any night most people made an effort to dress nicely for dinner. I only went to one show, the Tenors of Rock and I thought they were better than anything I had ever seen on a cruise ship, and judging by the audience response to them and comments made so did most people.

Overall we thought the crew did an excellent job and look forward to being back on her in November.

What a breath of fresh air... not.

Please. Get real- "Sweats and baseball caps for more than half the passengers." I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however that claim is not presented as opinion, but a matter of fact.

Fact is, that's just not true, now is it?

It's statements like this that cause your other comments to lose all credibility. My guess is you are negatively exaggerating on your critique about productions, service, and food as well.

I'd assume you were being sarcastic or joking, but I read your other posts as well.

This is my experience. I call it as I see it

Maybe not half. I did not do a survey But a very significant number. Enough to notice.

Nothing elegant or chic about those two evenings

Production shows were awful.

tenors of rock -- not a. Celebrity production show -- were great

Even in luminae there were guests in jeans and baseball caps

I have a room steward who does the minimum and a butler who is just ok. Last year on eclipse we had a fabulous butler and steward -- better than we've had in luxury lines

We are elite on celebrity. This has been the worst experience ever on this line

This is also our first 7 night cruise (2 b2b). I believe the demographic is different on shorter cruises but that should not affect service or food

We have one more celebrity cruise booked in Asia

Likely our last

We generally cruise on Oceania but we always said a top suite on celebrity was a good option. We no longer believe that

You can just believe the glowing reports if you choose.

We were on this cruise and we took note that at least half the men had jackets on...did not see sweats...we ate 3 nights in the dining room(excellent meals) and then Murano, lawn club and Tuscan...we enjoyed all our meals there...yes, there were one or two rejects, but our group of 6 were very happy....we found the beef entrees excellent as well as many other items...

Maybe not half. I did not do a survey But a very significant number. Enough to notice.

I have a room steward who does the minimum and a butler who is just ok. Last year on eclipse we had a fabulous butler and steward -- better than we've had in luxury lines

This is also our first 7 night cruise (2 b2b). I believe the demographic is different on shorter cruises but that should not affect service or food

Likely our last

We generally cruise on Oceania but we always said a top suite on celebrity was a good option. We no longer believe that

We were on the same cruise and just disagree completely with your comments. But you have a right to express what you want. It sounds like you are just tired of Celebrity perhaps and need a change.

Likely our last

We were also on the 1/22 cruise in a suite. Although everyone has a right to their opinion, our experience did not match yours. Our butler was fantastic, one of the best we had ever had, although we didn't have as many requests for him as we have had in the past. Steward(ess) was excellent as well. In fact, service all over the ship was friendly and efficient. We loved Luminae, it really exceeded our expectations. Michael's Club was a little bit of a disappointment, it was under utilized and we weren't there much because we didn't like the "dead" ambiance -- but that was the only complaint we had. And yes, we were not required to leave our suite until 8 am, thank goodness! I'll try to write a more thorough review soon, but I want to reassure future cruisers that this poster's comments do not reflect everyone's views.

Just returned from first elegant chic night week 2. What a difference a week makes. Even the maitre d in luminae commented on it -- apparently there were many comments about the dress on last week's cruise

Luminae filled with gowns and tuxes. Wow Outside of luminae many more elegantly dressed cruisers. This week it's like a different ship

Read 10 reviews of the same cruise and you will have 20 different opinions.

Luminae remains the highlight of the cruise for us. I doubt we would be on celebrity without it. Food and service consistently excellent

Buffet a mob scene and food pretty awful in our opinion

We tried it once for lunch. That was enough

We have 7 cruises booked. 1 on seabourn, 1 on Crystal , 4 on Oceania and 1 on celebrity. We do mix it up so I don't think we are necessarily tired of celebrity. We do think it has declined and that will factor into future planning