Sabor mexican restaurant.on harmony of the seas

Harmon10

There is a cover charge of 15.00 per person but there are prices on menu that is shown on website...what exactly does the 15.00 go towards? The food you order? Thank you [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

Interesting. This has just recently been added. It used to be free to reserve Sabor on Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

The $15 will go towards your bill.

It was ala carte in Dec. Is it $15 apiece now? If so, that is very disappointing. We paid a total of $21 dollars for the two of us in Dec. for guacamole, salsa, chips, two of the chicken and jalapenos small plates and the plate of 3 quesadillas.

Interesting. This has just recently been added. It used to be free to reserve Sabor on Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

The $15 will go towards your bill.

Guessing too many were not showing up with free reservations.

I noticed this when looking at our cruise planner for Oasis as well. I am nearly certain it wasn't there a month or so ago when I was looking at reservations. I'll just wait and make a reservation when we get onboard. I'm not paying $45 up front for the 3 of us when likely our bill will be about $25 total.

• 1 month later...
Anyone that has tried out sabor mexican...can you order a margarita with dinner or have to get from bar?

I was at Sabor last week. Yes, you can order margaritas but unless you have a bev package, you'll be charged for it. IMHO this was probably the worst meal I've ever had on a Royal Ship. There were many empty tables (this was on the first formal night). Service was really SLOW. We reserved in advance through the cruise planner before they started charging $15. We're from SoCal and we eat Mexican food several time a week. This food was not even close to Mexican food. The guac was the consistency of baby poop. We ordered it medium and we were unable to eat it. The only flavor it had was HOT. The fried calamari was the only thing we enjoyed. Never again!

I was at Sabor last week. Yes, you can order margaritas but unless you have a bev package, you'll be charged for it. IMHO this was probably the worst meal I've ever had on a Royal Ship. There were many empty tables (this was on the first formal night). Service was really SLOW. We reserved in advance through the cruise planner before they started charging $15. We're from SoCal and we eat Mexican food several time a week. This food was not even close to Mexican food. The guac was the consistency of baby poop. We ordered it medium and we were unable to eat it. The only flavor it had was HOT. The fried calamari was the only thing we enjoyed. Never again!

Sadly it sounds like the quality in Sabor has fallen. When we were on our Harmony cruise in November, we literally ate there three times that week, and had the guacamole each time. We are mexican food freaks and love it and thought it was delicious. However, I've also read that they do not do the guacamole table side any longer :( I have it booked for our first night on our upcoming Oasis cruise, but I'm starting to get disappointed.

Sadly it sounds like the quality in Sabor has fallen. When we were on our Harmony cruise in November, we literally ate there three times that week, and had the guacamole each time. We are mexican food freaks and love it and thought it was delicious. However, I've also read that they do not do the guacamole table side any longer :( I have it booked for our first night on our upcoming Oasis cruise, but I'm starting to get disappointed.

No tableside guac. That would have been nice. I think they put it in the blender. Hopefully, your experience will be better on the Oasis.

I found the food at the Sabor "cantinas" (O class ships) to be far inferior to the full service restaurants on the other ships where Sabor restaurants are found (NAV and not sure where else). The cantina menus are not as comprehensive as the full service restaurant and the food quality is poorer, IMO. I would never consider paying $15 PP at the cantina locations.

We ate at Sabor on Harmony in Feb and we would have been extremely unhappy if we had paid for it. Luckily our specialty dining was included so we didn't get a bill but it was very disappointing.

I just called Royal about Sabor on the Allure which we are cruising in April. I was told that the $15 is for the main entree only and a la cart is a charge to you. Looks like main entree is $9, so confusing. I think we will cancel and just go on our own, if at all. Loved it when we had it on the Navigator!