Elite Check in with 1st time passenger

Brisbane41

I am certain this will be no problem for me being an elite member of Princess cruises but I am just seeking past experiences of others when they take a guest with them on their first cruise who is sharing the same cabin as you.

I will be taking a 10 year old child with me on a cruise in the future who will be in the same cabin as me.

As it is a child there should be no problems given he will be on the same ticket as myself and he will have a blue card with Princess.

If anyone has had any difficulties taking 1st time passengers through the elite check in with Princess please let me know.

This would also apply to priority tender boarding.

For a child, certainly. For anyone else ... I recall one difficult tendering in Cabo where they weren't letting anyone in the elite line who was not elite, and "he's with me" and "he's in my group" and "they told me to stand here" were not being accepted. Didn't see how they handled husband and wife at different levels,

For a child, certainly. For anyone else ... I recall one difficult tendering in Cabo where they weren't letting anyone in the elite line who was not elite, and "he's with me" and "he's in my group" and "they told me to stand here" were not being accepted. Didn't see how they handled husband and wife at different levels,

My husband is platinum and I'm elite, at Cabo he was allowed priority tender with me last November. I have always used priority che k in if I am travelling with someone who is not entitled to it and no questions asked.

I actually had no problem having all in my party (not in my stateroom) getting priority check in with me on numerous trips. I've simply stated they are in my party and they send us on our way to priority check in.

I was told by Princess that if the reservations are tied together, that the entire party can check in together

I've never had a problem taking any one I'm traveling with through the preferred check in line. They have never given me any trouble once I show our preferred boarding passes. They don't look at cabin numbers or if we booked together. A simple we're are together and they let us all walk in. They don't care.

If one elite is in the cabin, then everyone will be able to check in with him/her and join the elite lounge and boarding. Same is true for the tender. The important fact is that they are all in the same stateroom.

True and is never a problem as long as it's for someone in the same cabin! :)

My husband, three children and I travelled in two cabins last year (with one adult in each cabin). Only my husband was Platinum at time of boarding, but as both rooms were using my credit card for charges, we were all able to check in together in the preferred check-in line.

I actually had no problem having all in my party (not in my stateroom) getting priority check in with me on numerous trips. I've simply stated they are in my party and they send us on our way to priority check in.

One of the benefits of the Captain's Circle status that allows priority check-in (although that line is often longer than the regular lines) is that those traveling with you can check-in with you.

However, if boarding has not yet started, the policy (not always enforced) is that other than those in the same cabin with you, the others cannot wait in the Elite or Platinum waiting areas unless they are in full suites.