What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Some travel agencies had opted out of the program. I’m not sure if that’s still the case or not.

You can always call the upsell phone number (just google NCL upsell phone number) and ask - they may be able to get you an invitation sent.

I booked through PCC so no other agency involved....so still need to know if everyone gets a notice or not

I booked through PCC so no other agency involved....so still need to know if everyone gets a notice or not

I think your situation answers the question. No, not everyone gets the opportunity. If they did, you would have.

Are you in a studio cabin by chance? I’ve also seen reports that if you got too good of a price they will not offer an upgrade.

Again, as I suggested earlier, call the upsell department and ask if they can send you an invitation to bid.

Received an invitation to bid today on Getaway’s 9/14/18 Copenhagen departure. We are in an inside (IA for which we paid a total of around $3,300 awhile ago). Current price is about the same.

Minimum bids for outside staterooms is $50 pp and for balconies is $75. We have no interest in the outside but would like to be in a balcony.

Based on my research there appear to be between 10-20 balconies left to sell but a much greater amount of mini suites and real suites left available. Hoping that many current balcony guests will bid and win upgrades to suites, we have bid $350 total (just barely in the “fair” range. This puts our total at a little less than what BXs are selling for today and about $1000 under what it would have cost us initially.

Now the long wait begins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received an invitation to bid today on Getaway’s 9/14/18 Copenhagen departure. We are in an inside (IA for which we paid a total of around $3,300 awhile ago). Current price is about the same.

Minimum bids for outside staterooms is $50 pp and for balconies is $75. We have no interest in the outside but would like to be in a balcony.

Based on my research there appear to be between 10-20 balconies left to sell but a much greater amount of mini suites and real suites left available. Hoping that many current balcony guests will bid and win upgrades to suites, we have bid $350 total (just barely in the “fair” range. This puts our total at a little less than what BXs are selling for today and about $1000 under what it would have cost us initially.

Now the long wait begins!

Breakaway not Getaway is sailing the Baltics from Copenhagen in 2018, the Getaway is in the Caribbean and I know you didn't get an upgrade offer already for 2019 when it is the Getaway

Anyone cruising on the Getaway-July 29, 2018 and has a bid in?

From many posts and recent experience, bids appear to get processed two weeks prior to sailing and Haven bids the Tuesday before sailing. So if you have a Haven bid in, you will find out on the 24th.

From many posts and recent experience, bids appear to get processed two weeks prior to sailing and Haven bids the Tuesday before sailing. So if you have a Haven bid in, you will find out on the 24th.

My upgrade from and inside room to a balcony on the Gem in early June was processed the Thursday before our Saturday sailing, so just a bit over 48 hours out.

:cool: Thanks for the feedback. Good to know. I bid on 5 Havens and 1 mini-suite categories. First timer.

My upgrade from and inside room to a balcony on the Gem in early June was processed the Thursday before our Saturday sailing, so just a bit over 48 hours out.

Great, except this is on the Getaway. Posts for Getaway upgrades have been pretty consistent the way I described, and I just experienced it myself this week.

Just curious. I am sailing less than 32 days. I didn't book until 41 days out. I received by email to bid immediately the next day and this was the first time receiving it. I have sailed on NCL numerous time though.

My question is I have bid on 6 different rooms. Has anyone ever not received all 6 rooms? Just curious. One would think your chances are greater than just on one. I have bid in the fair range on all of them. From mini-suite to Aft-Penthouse, Forward-Penthouse, Courtyard Penthouse, Spa Suite, and 2-bedroom.

I would love to experience the Haven at a fraction of the cost. I know no one knows if the odds are ever in their favor, but hoping that placing a bid on all, but the DOS and I can't remember the one underneath it, will increase my chances. I am coming from a BD balcony category that is currently showing QTY, but I have a stateroom. I am hoping they will need my room.

The wait is hard, but hoping to be surprised and not be under bid or over bid. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Do you mind me asking specifics? I.E. amount?

I posted about it back at the time, but the gist is that we initially purchased a GTY of an IC for $799 and were assigned to an I1 on deck 10 Aft. We bid $350 per person, which was a VERY high bid in the Strong range because I had been tracking the availability of balconies in the months prior to sailing and they were down to 10 balcony rooms available at the time we put in that final bid amount. We won our bid and were awarded a BA on deck 10 (it was the best of the balconies that had still been available when bids were processed based on my tracking). We still ended up saving significantly over having booked the balcony directly. BAs at the time we booked were going for $1489.

This was on the Gem 6/2/18 sailing to Canada and New England.

Anyone cruising on the Getaway-July 29, 2018 and has a bid in?

I am--- we were in a balcony (via CAS) and put a moderate bid in for all the "affordable" havens ie not the owners suites. Then I realized it was very inexpensive to upgrade to a mini suite with large balcony (8th floor) so we did that and lowered our bids to the minimum because I am pretty happy with our current room now, but would still be cool to get in the haven- but doubt it with the low bid.

Just curious. I am sailing less than 32 days. I didn't book until 41 days out. I received by email to bid immediately the next day and this was the first time receiving it. I have sailed on NCL numerous time though.

My question is I have bid on 6 different rooms. Has anyone ever not received all 6 rooms? Just curious. One would think your chances are greater than just on one. I have bid in the fair range on all of them. From mini-suite to Aft-Penthouse, Forward-Penthouse, Courtyard Penthouse, Spa Suite, and 2-bedroom.

I would love to experience the Haven at a fraction of the cost. I know no one knows if the odds are ever in their favor, but hoping that placing a bid on all, but the DOS and I can't remember the one underneath it, will increase my chances. I am coming from a BD balcony category that is currently showing QTY, but I have a stateroom. I am hoping they will need my room.

The wait is hard, but hoping to be surprised and not be under bid or over bid. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Yes, people do not win their bids often. There are a very small number of suites, so not everyone bidding gets one.

For example, on our upcoming sailing there were 22 suites available (there are only 42 total on the ship). There are 962 balcony rooms and 246 mini suites. If everyone bid, only about 1.75% of bidders would win their bid to a suite. Even if none of the minisuites were sold, less than 1/3 of balcony bids would be accepted to move into a minisuite.

Your odds of getting your bid accepted are a function of how many staterooms are available, how much you bid, and how much everyone else bid. It’s really pretty simple.

I am--- we were in a balcony (via CAS) and put a moderate bid in for all the "affordable" havens ie not the owners suites. Then I realized it was very inexpensive to upgrade to a mini suite with large balcony (8th floor) so we did that and lowered our bids to the minimum because I am pretty happy with our current room now, but would still be cool to get in the haven- but doubt it with the low bid.

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you aboard. I have moved my bids so much...they are probably getting whipflash from me adjusting them all the time. I know my daughter would love to be in the Haven, but there is a limit to what I am going to give them. I have had the bids high and now they are in the minimum range. I know my odds are slim to none, but if you don't try...you never know.

Yes, people do not win their bids often. There are a very small number of suites, so not everyone bidding gets one.

For example, on our upcoming sailing there were 22 suites available (there are only 42 total on the ship). There are 962 balcony rooms and 246 mini suites. If everyone bid, only about 1.75% of bidders would win their bid to a suite. Even if none of the minisuites were sold, less than 1/3 of balcony bids would be accepted to move into a minisuite.

Your odds of getting your bid accepted are a function of how many staterooms are available, how much you bid, and how much everyone else bid. It’s really pretty simple.

Thanks for your reply. I totally get where my odds are less than some people expects. Here's to hoping the odds are in my favor :)

I would venture to say MOST people do not win the bids only a very small percentage of people playing this game win