What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I did not intentionally set out to defraud them. When I made the bid, I had been told the funds would be available to me by June 1, so I made my upgrade bids with confidence. It seems there was a hiccup on the process, which yes I should have factored into account. When the finds are finally available on Friday, I will let the upgrade ride and try to pay for it. I am not a dishonest person, and I was not trying to do anything sneaky. It just fell out this way, which is why I was loathe to publish my business, as there are some very snarky and rude people here (not you!)

Is it true they will put us in a MS for 4 or will they try to cram us into a MS for 3?

Carol, you need to call! That's the most important thing to do. I know it's a stuggle financialy when you're in grad or post grad school but NCL can't take that into consideration for you. As I said, NCL is a business. I'm hopeful that they'll be more understanding when you explain the situation, however, there are no guaranties. You need to call.

And yes, I know there are some cc members who seem to be "snarky and rude", however, there are also some CC'ers who seem to expect forgiveness no matter what they've done. I'm a Canadian but don't hold that against me please, I just feel you may not have read the Terms & Conditions and may have caused a serious situation for yourself and others.

I wish you the best.

Connie

Thank you all for your concern. However, along with my email requesting I fix my card, I received a receipt for what I have already paid and a confirmation. The email said I would get the upgrade if I fixed my card and cabins were still available up until 48 hours before my cruise. If not, I would stay where I am.

Thank you all for your concern. However, along with my email requesting I fix my card, I received a receipt for what I have already paid and a confirmation. The email said I would get the upgrade if I fixed my card and cabins were still available up until 48 hours before my cruise. If not, I would stay where I am.

I'm so happy for you, Yay!

PS Connie,

I love Canadians.

I love everyone Carol... unless they're nasty to me or my friends... lol :D

cheers, hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I called reservations (not the NCL line on the website but Reserevations number in the email), and I wish to confirm for everyone that there is nothing in the Terms and Conditions that say my paid reservation is at risk of cancellation by NCL. So thank you all for your concern, and I hope you are breathing easier. They understand these things happen from time to time, which is why the terms and conditions say I can only lose my upgrade or any add on that the declined funds were attempting to purchase.

She gave me the number for the upsell department and confirmed for me that the upgrade would be for 4 people if available. If it is no longer available, the upsell department will inform me and not process the upgrade, and I keep what I have. If it is available, they will put a courtesy hold on it tomorrow morning when I call, and process the fees on Friday, per my request.

I did not intentionally set out to defraud them. When I made the bid, I had been told the funds would be available to me by June 1, so I made my upgrade bids with confidence. It seems there was a hiccup on the process, which yes I should have factored into account. When the finds are finally available on Friday, I will let the upgrade ride and try to pay for it. I am not a dishonest person, and I was not trying to do anything sneaky. It just fell out this way, which is why I was loathe to publish my business, as there are some very snarky and rude people here (not you!)

Is it true they will put us in a MS for 4 or will they try to cram us into a MS for 3?

Thank you for the explanation Carol. Hope things work out!!

Ah lucky u, I go Sunday on the epic and my bids are still pending :rolleyes:

I know someone said it will say on your reservation that the bid is pending, but where is that? I bid a few weeks ago and got an email, but it is no where on my reservation that I bid or it is pending. Can you please tell me where you see that? Thanks.

I know someone said it will say on your reservation that the bid is pending, but where is that? I bid a few weeks ago and got an email, but it is no where on my reservation that I bid or it is pending. Can you please tell me where you see that? Thanks.

When you log into My NCL the very first page that comes up should be an add to upgrade. Click on that ad and you will be able to see your upgrade offers. If you click into one where you have already made an offer, you should see the word "Pending" in the upper right of the table in the middle of the screen.

When you log into My NCL the very first page that comes up should be an add to upgrade. Click on that ad and you will be able to see your upgrade offers. If you click into one where you have already made an offer, you should see the word "Pending" in the upper right of the table in the middle of the screen.

Nope, I wonder what is going on? Thanks for the answer. Maybe my bid was so low they laughed and rejected it first thing? I can click on email to modify or cancel, but no where on the vacation summary does it show up.

Nope, I wonder what is going on? Thanks for the answer. Maybe my bid was so low they laughed and rejected it first thing? I can click on email to modify or cancel, but no where on the vacation summary does it show up.

I agree, mine is the same way, I got the email but nothings shows on My NCL page, although definitely would not consider bidding, I am in an H5 it is saying I can bid to a H4 for $600.00 per person but the price difference between what I paid and the current H4 is only $400.00 per person lol :eek: not exactly a good deal, the other option is H2 which was booked and gone months ago. I would have liked to bid on an H6 that was higher than my H5 in price but because NCL in their infinite wisdom thinks that the higher priced H6 is a lower category than my small H5 I cannot make a bid. Instead someone in a mini Suite or even a Balcony could end up with those.

She said that her bid was accepted:-

“My Bliss cruise for July 7 has been sold out for over a week, yet I got an email yesterday my bid on an upgrade to the mini suite was accepted. Hoping it is a true upgrade.”

Enquiring minds want to know how she was able to decline.

Qwenya came back to further explain and it turned out her bid was accepted but only if she made the funds available...... so, technically she was never awarded the upgrade because she hadn't fulfilled her part therefore couldn't decline anything because the transaction was never completed....... if funds were available (as she expected them to be) and the transaction was completed then she would be bound by the T&Cs and not able to decline.

Qwenya came back to further explain and it turned out her bid was accepted but only if she made the funds available...... so, technically she was never awarded the upgrade because she hadn't fulfilled her part therefore couldn't decline anything because the transaction was never completed....... if funds were available (as she expected them to be) and the transaction was completed then she would be bound by the T&Cs and not able to decline.

Thanks. I replied to her earlier.

Enjoy your cruise!! I am sure this is not the first time this has happened nor the last with someones card being declined on an upgrade :)

9-Day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltic from Warnemunde? 8/19/18?

Havens show sold out but cruise still comes up.

Mine is 08/18/2018 the cruise no longer populates, only the 08/09 with everything but insides sold out and 08/27 with only the solos showing sold out, every other category has inventory on the 08/27 date

So anyone who placed upgrade bids on the 08/18 your chances are just about zero percent, only hope is cancellation and I'm sure there won't be many of those

Mine is 08/18/2018 the cruise no longer populates, only the 08/09 with everything but insides sold out and 08/27 with only the solos showing sold out, every other category has inventory on the 08/27 date

So anyone who placed upgrade bids on the 08/18 your chances are just about zero percent, only hope is cancellation and I'm sure there won't be many of those

My sailing for 7/13 was showing sold out except inside for weeks. We still bid on havens. Heard 6/1 that we got the upgrade to haven spa room with a low bid so you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My sailing for 7/13 was showing sold out except inside for weeks. We still bid on havens. Heard 6/1 that we got the upgrade to haven spa room with a low bid so you never know.

Wow, that's way in advance of your sailing too, and after final payment! Maybe there is hope for my DOS upgrade (no, I can't buy up, it's sold out!) Thanks for the ray of hope. I can't wait to see DH's face if we get it because it's gonna be a surprise.

Hopefully tomorrow we can start obsessing, I mean bidding HaHa.

So far, the numbers I posted in the Roll Call thread are holding up. About 38% occupancy so far.

We are sailing one day ahead of you and yesterday I did not receive an email nor does it show on my Ncl page. Do they ever not send on day 80 and send offer, say 60 or 70 days out?

We are sailing one day ahead of you and yesterday I did not receive an email nor does it show on my Ncl page. Do they ever not send on day 80 and send offer, say 60 or 70 days out?

Where did you book? Some travel agencies don’t participate in the bidding. We booked online thru NCL and received our invitation to bid today day 80.

Hope you hear something soon!

I guess there is hope :)