Harmony of the seas/all access ship tour

Harmon10

Just wanted to find out if the all access ship tour is worth signing up for? Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

Whether it would be worth it to you or not is hard to say...but unless (and it isn't) the real all access tour approx 3 hrs that includes lunch...it's not worth it to me...Not interested in how to fold a napkin or set a (MDR) dining room table.

I've done the tours before...so for me this particular one being offered on HOTS for $119.00 pp isn't worth it.

I'll be on HOTS in March. :)

Whether it would be worth it to you or not is hard to say...but unless (and it isn't) the real all access tour approx 3 hrs that includes lunch...it's not worth it to me...Not interested in how to fold a napkin or set a (MDR) dining room table.

I've done the tours before...so for me this particular one being offered on HOTS for $119.00 pp isn't worth it.

I'll be on HOTS in March. :)

Totally agree.

On NCL they gave CC members a free bridge tour & Carnival used to do free galley tours.

I would never pay for such things, but I guess some have nothing better to do and RC sells it...

Here's a recent review by Hoopster95 from a couple weeks ago.

Thx Ken

Thank you! Doesn't look too positive 😊

If you've never been before, you may enjoy it as you wouldn't know what you've missed, especially if you've never been on the bridge.If you choose to do it I really hope you enjoy it...

and i would be great if you bookmark this thread so you can come back and report how it went. Have a great cruise :D

I did it on Harmony in December. It was my first ever behind the scenes on a ship, so a lot of unique stuff for me to see.

However, it ended by 11:15. Behind the scenes of the theater and the ice rink did not happen. I read that other behind the scenes tours did more in the galley (food tasting) and got a gift. We did not. We did not meet the captain.

So, would I do it again? No, not for $150. The novelty won't be there of seeing all these things for the first time.

Would I recommend it to someone who never did it before, has never seen how a big ship operates, but is generally curious about life and how things work - yes, 100%. Some people like this sort of stuff. Others are like "Don't tell me how a watch works, I just want to know what time it is."

I would go again if I was sailing with someone who would enjoy it and never did it. Watching their enjoyment would be worth it for me.

I just got off Harmony and I did the tour.

We saw the galley and had a small snack in the dinning room. We then went below decks where we saw the engine control room, the I-95, a few of the giant fridges, the garbage disposal and the laundry.We got a brief glimpse in the crew mess. Then we went up to the bridge. The captain wasn't there while we were, so we didn't meet him.

This was my first time on a ship, so it was all very new to me. I thought it was worth it, but I'd never seen anything like it before. I can see how someone who's already done a tour on another ship would be disappointed because we didn't see any of the things unique to the Oasis class(Oasis, Allure, Harmony) like the Aqua Theatre.

If you have your heart set on the actual Engine Room, you'll need to consider a career change. From what I understand, no passenger tour ever goes in there for security and safety reasons.

They would get more takes on these tours of they included things that were unique to that class of ship.

Show me what's beneath the Aqua Theater. Show me what's happening behind the scenes with iFly. Lets see the pump room for the water slides. Etc, etc.

By the way, the free Garden Tour on Oasis class ships is excellent. On Harmony it was given by Officer Lazlo (sp?), a very funny interesting guy in charge of the crew that manages the thousands (THOUSANDS!) of plants on the ship. Also in charge of pest control - he has good stories. But no effective spray or poison for those pesky chair hogs.

• 1 year later...

There is nothing under the aqua theater. The pool bottoms climb the walls, just like the high rise bar. Also, the engine room feels like 120 degrees and is very loud. Imagine being under the hood of your car with the hood closed and the engine running, only your about the size of a house cat compared to the HOTS engines. It is neat to see, but not comfortable. Most workers don't even go in there while the engines are on except for short periods. Most inspections are done at port. There are two engine rooms, so they can shut one off and inspect the engines. I have been in the Oasis while the engines are running and it's not fun. It's also dangerous, Oasis had a head explode, wasn't widely reported, someone could have been really hurt if they were in the engine room at the time.

• 2 weeks later...