what's your favorite itinerary?

ashleyhaugh

We went on our first cruise in December, and loved it! Unfortunately, my budget says it'll be a few years til we can go again. I booked a place holder while on board, since they don't have the itineraries out yet, so I could make payments.

Anyway, what is your favorite itinerary? we're in San Antonio, and cruised out of Galveston this time, but it seems that only Caribbean itineraries leave out of there, is that right? I was looking at a transatlantic, those seem amazing, but I'm only seeing them in what would be during the school year. My son will be old enough then that I would worry about taking him out of school for 2+ weeks

Mediterranean cruises are my favorite.

Yes, the Med so far for me as well.

Ports? Any cruise which sail into and out of Venice, Kotor, Dubrovnik & Malta ... especially if one cruise does all of these ports on one sailing... should be at the top of any avid cruiser's bucket list.

If you or your son just cannot fly that far/that long, I echo the previous post that a Southern itinerary out of San Juan would be awesome... I would assume quite cheap to fly from IAH to San Juan. Top choices for me woul be either the ABC islands (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire) or an itinerary that includes St Lucia, Barbados and/or Antigua.

Have fun planning! :D

definitely Alaska.

Have done lots of Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, Panama. But Alaska wins, hands down. It's a very different kind of cruise. If you need 12 activities at each moment, an Alaska cruise isn't for you. It's a much more relaxed, watch-the-scenery-glide-by sort of cruise.

And on the Radiance, you feel like you're the only people on the boat most of the time.

Curious to know why you say Transatlatic Bob?

Never been on a TA but quite curious about doing one, one day

Thanks

Great for relaxation and disconnect. Interesting ports too. This fall we visit Civitavechia, Lisbon and Valencia, which are new ports for us.

Have done the itineraries out of San Juan and really enjoyed those including San Juan itself. Looking forward to doing the Western Med but have never been able to find affordable air fare. The air fare to get over there is usually much more than the cruise itself.

Agree with this, but would add the word "Westbound" as well ... something very nice about having 25 hour days for the bulk of the cruise.

Michael

To each his own, I may be in the minority, but we prefer Eastbound. Usually better weather leaving FL in late April. Also I would rather have jet lag at home, than to waste the first day in Europe passed out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Have done the itineraries out of San Juan and really enjoyed those including San Juan itself. Looking forward to doing the Western Med but have never been able to find affordable air fare. The air fare to get over there is usually much more than the cruise itself.

Laura's flight to Rome this fall was under $350. Air2Sea. The airfare I am afraid of is Orlando to Sydney and the Seattle to Orlando for our Trans Pacific next spring

Laura's flight to Rome this fall was under $350. Air2Sea. The airfare I am afraid of is Orlando to Sydney and the Seattle to Orlando for our Trans Pacific next spring

If I could get flights at that price I will be over there in a hot minute but I am never seeing those out of Charlotte!

If I could get flights at that price I will be over there in a hot minute but I am never seeing those out of Charlotte!

I find Orlando to have very cheap airfare. I think because it's a leisure destination as opposed to a business one.

Orlando to Houston is cheaper than Atlanta to Houston even though the Delta flight from Orlando connects in Atlanta. 😱

I loved all my cruises and the one coming up next week is exciting. My favorite cruise was the Mediterranean cruise for the ports. We had a port every day and it was very different for us to see a new country a day. HAL wasn't my favorite ship, it was very nice but I had a better time on Princess and Carnival.

I'm not a beach-and-scenery person. I travel for the history, culture and food, so the Mediterranean is my favorite destination - by cruise and land trip, often combined.

I've done 10 Med cruises to all areas (some now off limits :(), and have lost count of how many land trips. But I keep finding new ports and new reasons to go back. (I'm going again in April. ;))

P.S. Not a big fan of trans-Atlantic cruises; I'd rather have more time to spend in Europe than 6 days on the ship. Maybe one day when I retire and vacation time is less precious, I would consider it....but not until then.