International Café?

minniegidget

There is no cost except for pizza and booze (and possibly some special things such as party platters....don't know about that one). We have NEVER paid for room service in 19 Princess cruises on 11 different ships! Including hot breakfast.

Pizza is $3.00 to have delivered or head to the Lido deck and grab your own to take to your room and it is Free!

I would think drinks are close to, if not the same as, bar charges.

My question is: If one tips the delivery for room service does it go into the "tip pool" or does the person delivering the service get to keep the tip?

If it goes into the tip pool, why tip when we have already tipped as the daily tips?

oh brother, that last bit is confusing me...LOL

Sandra

My question is: If one tips the delivery for room service does it go into the "tip pool" or does the person delivering the service get to keep the tip?

If it goes into the tip pool, why tip when we have already tipped as the daily tips?

oh brother, that last bit is confusing me...LOL

Sandra

It's my understanding that, as long as you leave your autotip in place, any tips that you give above and beyond that go directly to the people you gave them to. however, if you have removed the auto tip, they have to turn the tip into the pool.

Room Service food is free, up to you if you want to tip.

.Room Service, If you tip in cash they get to keep it.

If write tip on paper they have to put in tip pool.

Room Service soup, usually the soup of the day but you

can ask for a broth also.

IC has one soup only, usually one of the ones that is being served

in the buffet.

Usually the soup being served in MDR, Buffet and Room Service is the

the same one.

My curiosity is up...what is/are cronuts?

Like to hear the chicken salad and a cheese plate are available, too.

Do they have a good selection on soups?

thanks,

Sandra

cronut is a delicious treat that is a donut made with croissant dough so it is flaky and so yummy. Also love the pineapple chicken sandwich.

IMG_2351.jpg

there are no calories in food on cruise ships! Everyone knows that!;)

That would be "rule 47" which is closely linked to "rule 93". Which is, sea air shrinks clothes.

:):cool::cool:

Pizza is $3.00 to have delivered or head to the Lido deck and grab your own to take to your room and it is Free!

I would think drinks are close to, if not the same as, bar charges.

In room service you can order half size bottles of liquor. I enjoyed getting different drinks every time I go to the bar but i was very particular about what I drink, if I always drink Jack and Coke for instance no matter what, it would probably be worth it to buy the half bottle of Jack even at the inflated price and bring my own coke on board. So there is that benefit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

If you have the coffee card, and want to get Gelato at the IC, can you get that for a punch on the coffee card? I was thinking I read that somewhere, but cannot find it now.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, you can only do that on the Royal and the Regal. I wish they'd roll it out fleet wide; we have several unused coffee cards that we'd use up on gelato.

If you have the coffee card, and want to get Gelato at the IC, can you get that for a punch on the coffee card? I was thinking I read that somewhere, but cannot find it now.

Thanks in advance!

On the Emerald last May, they accepted the coffee card for gelato served at the IC's freezer.

In room service you can order half size bottles of liquor. I enjoyed getting different drinks every time I go to the bar but i was very particular about what I drink, if I always drink Jack and Coke for instance no matter what, it would probably be worth it to buy the half bottle of Jack even at the inflated price and bring my own coke on board. So there is that benefit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

You could also check to see if it is cost effective to just go to BOGO for a dollar and get Jack straight up... and bring back to the room 6/ 8 Jack equal 375 ml bottle??? price difference

As far as I know, you can only do that on the Royal and the Regal. I wish they'd roll it out fleet wide; we have several unused coffee cards that we'd use up on gelato.

Thanks so much for the reply. Bummer of an answer, but I appreciate the response. We'll be on the Coral this summer.