ms Eurodam Port Everglades Sail-Away - February11, 2017

Copper10-8

I would take out the post marker, hit the dock, hit the other boats, etc. I do not back up so well. I have hit the back gate so many times I keep a rubber mallet nearby to knock the gate back into place. :D

It's not just that the Captain is highly skilled, but he also has spotters with radios at all the critical points.

Roy

It's not just that the Captain is highly skilled, but he also has spotters with radios at all the critical points.

Roy

Which we are not hearing. In past years we have often been able to hear the captain communicating with these people but I don't remember hearing it this season. We were able to hear in during the Juneau season.

In answering a previous question, Copper 10-8 said that the assignment of berthing of a ship is up to the Harbormaster.

Today, Pier 21 appears to have been unused. Requiring Celebrity Summit to be berthed at Pier 29 has caused her to be delayed in her sailing until the Eurodam departed.

I don't understand why Celebrity Summit was not docked at Pier 21 when it was available and she could sail when she was ready.

Which we are not hearing. In past years we have often been able to hear the captain communicating with these people but I don't remember hearing it this season. We were able to hear in during the Juneau season.

I often hear it with the Oasis class but not with HAL ships. They must use different radio frequencies.

Early toots.

Roy

In answering a previous question, Copper 10-8 said that the assignment of berthing of a ship is up to the Harbormaster.

Today, Pier 21 appears to have been unused. Requiring Celebrity Summit to be berthed at Pier 29 has caused her to be delayed in her sailing until the Eurodam departed.

I don't understand why Celebrity Summit was not docked at Pier 21 when it was available and she could sail when she was ready.

Eurodam was originally on the schedule for 4:30. Maybe the port agent failed to advise the Harbormaster that it was a charter. Or maybe there was a last minute hitch with people arriving for the cruise.

I know that Harbormaster makes the assignments for the docking of the ships.

But I agree -- some of the decisions don't make sense.