Aft wrap too much for 2 people?

Keys2Heaven

The only time we have had one was on the Triumph a few years ago and we loved it!! Even though it was just a 4-day cruise to Cozumel it is still at the very top of the best cruises we have been on and largely due to that balcony. It was the most relaxing cruise yet as it seemed like we had the ship to ourselves. It was so quiet and due to the balcony being so big we couldn't see our neighbors. One night as we were laying under the stars listening to the ocean's wake and looking at the stars my husband said...it feels like we are on our own yacht! That is exactly what it felt like to us. We have finally been able to score another one on the Valor for May 11th to Cozumel and my husband surprised me with the Vista Suite (aft-wrap) on the Legend to Alaska in July 2018 for our 10th wedding anniversary. I can hardly wait!! Keep the cabin believe me it will be worth it.

I'm a very amateur photog and think this would give us some great views for pics. And not that we're anti-social, but laying out and not seeing those on either side of us sounds terrific.

My husband and I have booked an aft wrap on the spirit class ships 10 times. We also book the aft wrap on the other ships. This past November we had an aft wrap on the Vista and loved it. It was next to the stairs that led down the the Havana bar. The aft wrap on the Vista is a Havana cabin and was very nice. We have already booked an aft wrap on the new Horizon for October 6, 2018. This is now the only type of cabin I will book even over a suite. I spend a lot of time on the balcony.

Elaine

We booked our first aft-wrap on the Liberty and boy was it worth it! Loved the large balcony and really loved being able to see where we were going, and where we had been! :D

Booked another aft-wrap on the Conquest and my in-laws got the next cabin up forward, so we will have one huge balcony!

Hoping to book the Hawaiian cruise for 2019 and would really like to get an aft-wrap (depends on which ship will do the run).

Enjoy!

Hoping to book the Hawaiian cruise for 2019 and would really like to get an aft-wrap (depends on which ship will do the run). Enjoy!

This is the cruise we booked and have the aft-wrap on deck 8. Splendor is making this 14-day run.

When I checked Carnival's site a couple of days ago, both aft-wraps on deck 8 were spoken for.

2 left on deck 6

1 left on deck 7

My sister and I had a wrap-around AFT balcony and loved it. I think that you won't regret booking it. Especially when you both want to lay back and relax in the loungers. If you don't have two loungers just ask your attendant for an extra one. It might be one from the pool deck but he/she will still accommodate you.

Congratulations on booking your first aft-wrap balcony cabin! I've cruised in the aft-wrap balcony cabins several times, and I say no way is it too big for 2 people. Especially on the Spirit class ships, those balconies are so worthwhile. And what a great way to enjoy your Hawaii cruise!

14 day cruise with all those lovely sea days? No way is it too big for the two of you. You can have coffee and bagels in the morning on the balcony, naps and reading all the day long. A glass of wine before dinner while enjoying the wake. And watching the stars before bed. Perfect all day!

Just a thought, my DH and I went on the Hawaii cruise 3 years ago in October. We had a suite, and on the 5 days at sea going over and the 5 coming back we never used our balcony. It was way to cool. We left out of LA. I wish now we had not wasted the money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

same here we left Vancouver in September for our 5 days at sea and the weather was to cool to enjoy our balcony until the 4th day as we got close to Honolulu, I would imagine leaving in January it would be the same BUT you will love Hawaii so enjoy your cruise.

same here we left Vancouver in September for our 5 days at sea and the weather was to cool to enjoy our balcony until the 4th day as we got close to Honolulu, I would imagine leaving in January it would be the same BUT you will love Hawaii so enjoy your cruise.

That's what the robes are for!

• 3 weeks later...

I hope not, as I just booked one solo. I will have my service dog with me so figured it'd be nice to have extra room out there. I am the type that does spend a lot of time on my veranda.

I did an AFT cabin on the Legend a few years ago and loved it. I was torn between doing an aft cabin or splurging on the wrap. Since this cruise will cost me less for the aft wrap solo, than I paid to share an inside on Disney...it made sense for me. Plus they can be hard to score if one waits.

Book it and enjoy it!