Did I do the right thing?? From AQ to FV for the Panama

SadieC

Have been waiting for this trip to the Panama for a while and would now really appreciate your advice. We had booked Aqua class on Infinity on deck 11. Cabin looked great, though there was some discussion about movie nights and suite being right by a door. Knowing all the benefits we had with AQ....and I was really looking forward to trying Blu....I've jumped to Family-view suite 7199. The reason? Larger suite for sure, but for me it's going from a 40 foot balcony to almost 240 feet on the Aft-particularly for the Panama canal and the sea days. Did I do the right thing? Can probably re-book AQ as there are still quite a few suites available. Have been on Celebrity many times before but most cabins being CC

Have been waiting for this trip to the Panama for a while and would now really appreciate your advice. We had booked Aqua class on Infinity on deck 11. Cabin looked great, though there was some discussion about movie nights and suite being right by a door. Knowing all the benefits we had with AQ....and I was really looking forward to trying Blu....I've jumped to Family-view suite 7199. The reason? Larger suite for sure, but for me it's going from a 40 foot balcony to almost 240 feet on the Aft-particularly for the Panama canal and the sea days. Did I do the right thing? Can probably re-book AQ as there are still quite a few suites available. Have been on Celebrity many times before but most cabins being CC

You definitely did the right thing!! You will not regret your decision for one second. Also, you are on the corner ... so you will have the most awesome view and a nice breeze from the side of the balcony. You'll know what I mean when you get out there.

Enjoy your trip .. I know you will.

Blu is ok but you can always check out a specialty restaurant but you will not likely get a cabin like that again. One evening, you should order room service and have a wonderful dinner on your balcony!!

The photos are from our Dec 24 2016 Infinity cruise around South America. We were in FV 8166. I have a Photo Review thread going on this forum. You'll find photos that I took from that corner FV balcony like the one you're gonna have!

I think you will really enjoy the family suite- it is like having two rooms. A sitting room and a bedroom. The view will be amazing also. As somebody else stated I also believe that Aqua is over rated. It is really about location and you will have an amazing view.

Enjoy your cruise.

We did an aft balcony on the Panama Canal cruise on Infinity, and it was the best decision!! When we entered the canal, my husband was up on deck, but i stayed in bed with a hot coffee, looked out the balcony window at the bridge behind me, and at the ship entering the locks on the tv. It was perfect to have both views at the same time! As we were leaving the locks, every aft balcony had people out on them. It was like a party! SOOO recommend having that on this cruise! Have a great time!

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments! I really was second guessing myself and your reassurance has been so amazing indeed. And the photos are so so awesome- really helps to put things in perspective. :D Our cruise is not until November 8, but we're counting the days. Again, many many thanks!

Now you all have me second guessing my choice to trade my 2A in when the price on our China trip took a big drop. I could have gone to FV or a C2. A2 was also an option but we are traveling with others who did not have the Aqua option so we could not all dine together. Anyway, the weather will likely be on the cool side so I opted for C3.....glad the OP is happy with her choice,

Now you all have me second guessing my choice to trade my 2A in when the price on our China trip took a big drop. I could have gone to FV or a C2. A2 was also an option but we are traveling with others who did not have the Aqua option so we could not all dine together. Anyway, the weather will likely be on the cool side so I opted for C3.....glad the OP is happy with her choice,

Don't second guess yourself. It really depends on where you are going and the weather. There are some itineraries, like the Panama Canal, where an aft is great. Other itineraries, especially port intensive ones or cold weather ones, where it doesn't really matter.

Best thing I ever did was bagging an OV cabin. Shame they don't have them on all classes of ships. Spoilt me for future cruises. All the wardrobe space and cupboards for two people[emoji33]. The balcony was great as some space in shade and some in sun. Enjoy the Panama Canal cruise, we did it on Infinity two years ago. Fantastic experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums