Neptune suite guarantee on Eurodam

Jacqueline

We're kind of picky and prefer the NS directly across from the Neptune Lounge entrance. If we don't get that, we prefer to be plus or minus one cabin to either side. We're not wild about the NS on the deck below the lounge. I know we're in the minority here, but we really don't like the aft NS cabins.

That said, I think you'll be happy with any of the Neptune Suites. Unless you like to be all buff and naked on your balcony, in which case you want to avoid the elevator-adjacent rooms and the afts without an overhang.

are there any "bad" cabins in this category, aside from those not close to the lounge ?Just an idle question as "it will be what it will be".

I do not think that there are any "bad" Neptune cabins on the Eurodam, but certainly some locations are better than others.

Some people love the aft-wraps (decks 4-8) while others hate being at the aft of the ship and so far from the Neptune Lounge (and many other things). Some people also dislike the 4 cabins right next to the glass elevators due to some privacy concerns but others like them as they provide easy access throughout the ship by being right at the midship elevators. Another group is the 12 Neptune cabins on deck 6, due to the distance and deck difference from the Lounge.

I would not fret over it though, as IMO a Neptune cabin beats all the others on the ship (other than the Pinnacle Suites of course).

We're kind of picky and prefer the NS directly across from the Neptune Lounge entrance. If we don't get that, we prefer to be plus or minus one cabin to either side. We're not wild about the NS on the deck below the lounge. I know we're in the minority here, but we really don't like the aft NS cabins.

That said, I think you'll be happy with any of the Neptune Suites. Unless you like to be all buff and naked on your balcony, in which case you want to avoid the elevator-adjacent rooms and the afts without an overhang.

What is it about the NS on deck 6 you don't care for? We chose 6107 for our Alaska cruise September 23rd. We've never stayed in a NS, this is for our 50th anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

What is it about the NS on deck 6 you don't care for? We chose 6107 for our Alaska cruise September 23rd. We've never stayed in a NS, this is for our 50th anniversary.

I would rather not be there either, as it is inconvenient to be one deck removed from the Neptune Lounge. Plus, I have found the cabin stewards that have all Neptune cabins seem to do a better job in getting us mail (and services) that are just for the Neptunes (they seem to communicate better with the Neptune concierges).

My CC friends actually prefer the deck 6 location. Better price and convenient (for them) for the Neptune Lounge and other things.

It's just an elevator ride up/stairway to the Neptune Lounge ;)

I am the CC friend and Kazu is correct. We are going on a 40 day cruise and are in a NS on deck 6 third from the glass elevators. We do not spend much time in the NL and so being a deck away is no big deal. We did save some $$. We cruised with another friend on the O and their suite was the one right next to the glass elevator. No complaints!

We book Neptune Suites because we love the larger balconies. We spend many hours there reading or just relaxing. We do stop by the Neptune Lounge a couple of times a day. We find walking there to be a minor inconvenience. We actually prefer the aft wrap Neptunes, preferably on a Vista Class on Deck Five.

Here's a picture of an aft wrap on five.

http://halfacts.com/vista-class/5190-westerdam/

I am the CC friend and Kazu is correct. We are going on a 40 day cruise and are in a NS on deck 6 third from the glass elevators. We do not spend much time in the NL and so being a deck away is no big deal. We did save some $$. We cruised with another friend on the O and their suite was the one right next to the glass elevator. No complaints!

Since the OP was referring to being on a Guarantee, I figured that the cabin price was not an issue, thus my answers about the best locations. I do agree with you that if you are saving money, booking the deck 6 Neptunes is not a bad idea, especially if you normally do not use the Lounge.

Missmishka a bit off topic, are you sailing Eurodam or NA? We are in 6060 on the NA 23 Sept. We didn't think we would spend much time in the lounge so opted to save a bit by going down one deck. The large aft wraparound balconies were tempting but this is our first HAL cruise so we really don't know anybody on board (though we have chatted with a couple people in the rollcall) so don't anticipate hosting get togethers. The "smaller" balcony on the regular Neptunes is big enough for us and maybe a couple more people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums