Which is better, oasis or allure, particularly on entertainment

Chrisp414

I was on allure last year, loved the ship and entertainment. Thinking of a cruise on oasis, it's closer to my home, but is the entertainment as good as the allure, how about other similiarities? Thanks.

On the subject of better, seems like everyone has an opinion on CATS (oasis) and most are negative. If you want to see my tounge in cheek review of CATS on Oasis, check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353877&page=3

I think I would try the Oasis. You are getting a different musical. Plus there will be other minor differences. We sailed on the Explorer several times because of being close to port and the downside was the main shows were the same. Even the ice skating shows that changed names were almost the same.

We preferred Mamma Mia over Cats however we preferred the rest of the shows on Oasis over Allure.

On that subject, I liked both Blue Planet (allure) and Come fly with me (Oasis) but I'd give the edge to Come fly with me because I liked the music better.

I'm sailing the next two cruises with friends who have never been on an Oasis class. If this happens it will be 2019 and that is on the border of when I suspect CATS will be replaced. I may repost to what will be a very old thread then! ;)

We liked the shows on Allure better, but to each their own.

Cats is just brutal. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that half of the theater walked out at intermission.

Someone mentioned it, so I'll just chime in and say Samba Grill on Allure was a huge disappointment for us. The food was great but the place is not managed very well. Samba is set up in the Solarium Bistro area at night. During our meal there were people in their swimsuits (bikini's and speedo's) walking in and out. The Solarium hot tubs are busy at night and those people were all over the place. The Grill manager apologized but said he couldn't stop them from coming in. Even if they stayed out, it's just weird to be sitting at your table trying to eat a nice meal while you're staring through a glass wall at a bunch of drunks climbing in and out of the hot tub, toweling off...etc, 15 feet away from you. They should really put up some sort of coverings, like curtains, over the walls at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On that subject, I liked both Blue Planet (allure) and Come fly with me (Oasis) but I'd give the edge to Come fly with me because I liked the music better.

I'm sailing the next two cruises with friends who have never been on an Oasis class. If this happens it will be 2019 and that is on the border of when I suspect CATS will be replaced. I may repost to what will be a very old thread then! ;)

I would agree that Cats will most likely disappear at her next drydock in 2019.

I, too, preferred the shows on Oasis to those on Allure. Though I haven't been on Allure since Mamma Mia arrived and I didn't care for Chicago at all. The main and secondary Aqua Theater shows on Oasis, Oasis of Dreams and Splish Splash were much better than the ones Allure. I also much prefer Oasis's ice show with the sand artist included.

We liked the shows on Allure better, but to each their own.

Cats is just brutal. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that half of the theater walked out at intermission.

Someone mentioned it, so I'll just chime in and say Samba Grill on Allure was a huge disappointment for us. The food was great but the place is not managed very well. Samba is set up in the Solarium Bistro area at night. During our meal there were people in their swimsuits (bikini's and speedo's) walking in and out. The Solarium hot tubs are busy at night and those people were all over the place. The Grill manager apologized but said he couldn't stop them from coming in. Even if they stayed out, it's just weird to be sitting at your table trying to eat a nice meal while you're staring through a glass wall at a bunch of drunks climbing in and out of the hot tub, toweling off...etc, 15 feet away from you. They should really put up some sort of coverings, like curtains, over the walls at night.

Not to worry, the meat you were eyeing on the other side of the glass wall wasn't going on the stick. By the way, I would not let any of those so called cooks anywhere near my green egg.

They both have great shows

Both ships have Broadway shows, which is "better" is subjective.

Oasis has CATS.

Allure has Mamma Mia.

Oasis has the Solarium Bistro restaurant.

Allure has the Samba Grill restaurant.

Does Allure have the sand artist? I could watch that all day

Was that a have not seen? :confused:

It was great, wasn't it? They should show that in the Theatre. Maybe during second act of CATS. ;)

Correct, I fixed it. Yes, I actually enjoyed it more than the ice show.

Correct, I fixed it. Yes, I actually enjoyed it more than the ice show.

She's been there since at least April 2015. I hope she's still there in the fall.

But then, Drew Thomas was on Freedom a lot longer than that. :eek:

Samba Grill on Allure was a huge disappointment for us. The food was great but the place is not managed very well. Samba is set up in the Solarium Bistro area at night. During our meal there were people in their swimsuits (bikini's and speedo's) walking in and out. The Solarium hot tubs are busy at night and those people were all over the place.

Wow, that is a big change from when I ate there is 2011. I in no way doubt you. I wonder what the difference is, people getting dumber? After dark the passenger count in the solarium usually goes way down and the week I was there, people knew to stay out of the restaurant coming and going.

She's been there since at least April 2015. I hope she's still there in the fall.

But then, Drew Thomas was on Freedom a lot longer than that. :eek:

She has been there since at least Feb 2011 which is when we first sailed on Oasis. And Allure does not have a sand artist.