S-Class Suites -- iPad dock?

mit429

We just upgraded to an S1 for our cruise in March and we are very excited to give Suite Class a try.

I've been watching a few YouTube room tours and have noticed that all of the suites, including Sky Suites, seem to have an iPad docking station. I hadn't seen this noted in any marketing material and I don't recall ever having seen it or read about it previously.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on the iPad dock in the Suites; Is there definitely a dock in every room? Does it have speakers? Does it connect to the TV or something?

Was it the Bose sound dock type thing? I saw that in the Penthouse and Reflection Suite tours.

I followed along with your review of the Eclipse - I loved it - great job!

And I'm very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

We were just in the Penthouse on Eclipse two weeks ago and there was a Bluetooth speaker not an IPod dock. I'm not sure if other suites had that change too.

I was in an S1 on Silhouette a couple weeks ago. I don't remember seeing an iPod docking station, but I wasn't looking so it may have been there. Nowadays, we bring our Bose Sound Link with us when we travel--- it was not provided in this level of suite.

I was in an S1 on Silhouette a couple weeks ago. I don't remember seeing an iPod docking station, but I wasn't looking so it may have been there. Nowadays, we bring our Bose Sound Link with us when we travel--- it was not provided in this level of suite.

We usually do the same, just curious as to if we could skip that step this time. I'm always trying to cut down on my overpacking, probably just to overpack something new, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was it the Bose sound dock type thing? I saw that in the Penthouse and Reflection Suite tours.

I followed along with your review of the Eclipse - I loved it - great job!

And I'm very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

Thank you.

The speaker wasn't a sound dock, not sure if it was even a Bose. It was pretty small. I didn't look at it too closely as I had brought my own JBL bluetooth speaker with me.

Thank you.

The speaker wasn't a sound dock, not sure if it was even a Bose. It was pretty small. I didn't look at it too closely as I had brought my own JBL bluetooth speaker with me.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've taken a two year break from cruising, last sailing on Celebrity in 2014 and, also also, 2013. On both occasions we sailed in a Sky suite back then both had an iPad docking station. We were unable to make use on the docking station on our second cruise in 2014 as we'd upgraded our iPad and iPhone. Maybe these have been removed in general due to changing technology.

We were in a Sky Suite on the Connie last May. It did say somewhere there were docking stations, so I was wondering if they were the old 31 pin, or the new lightning kind.. We got there, and yep there was a docking station, however no cords. So we asked our Butler and he said, yeah, it doesnt work... so he removed it. I said oh do you have a back up, or one from another room they arent using? And he said they were getting rid of them.

So, I'd say, you've got a 50/50 shot of getting one..