Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

Pardon my ignorance but tune in where? The Celebrity site ? Cant imagine where else it could be.

Will everyone that have been asked to submit an email address be sent something ahead of time?

I really cant imagine what or how anyone will be able to book anything. Having no info, the questions alone will tie up any phone contacts and create very long wait times.

Celebrity Cruises postet this on Facebook: A ship that redefines what a stateroom can be. Tune in March 13 at 12 PM EDT for the live reveal of #CelebrityEdge.

It will be a Facebook Live Event.

NOT everyone is on Face Book or wants to be.

I agree.........I guess we are in the minority and to be honest that is fine with me. I don't do FB, I don't tweet, don't Instagram,

well, you get the idea......I don't care about doing any of that stuff. If Celebrity thinks all their passengers do FB, they are

sadly mistaken.

Pardon my ignorance but tune in where? The Celebrity site ? Cant imagine where else it could be.

Will everyone that have been asked to submit an email address be sent something ahead of time?

I really cant imagine what or how anyone will be able to book anything. Having no info, the questions alone will tie up any phone contacts and create very long wait times.

The unveiling is going to be on Facebook live.

NOT everyone is on Face Book or wants to be.

I agree.........I guess we are in the minority and to be honest that is fine with me. I don't do FB, I don't tweet, don't Instagram,

well, you get the idea......I don't care about doing any of that stuff. If Celebrity thinks all their passengers do FB, they are

sadly mistaken.

to each his/her own. I guess you'll read about it on cruise critic.

(BTW, these boards are a form of social media. Not much different from FB, twitter, or Instgram. FYI ;) )

(BTW, these boards are a form of social media. Not much different from FB, twitter, or Instgram. FYI ;) )

CC may be a form of social media but it is about Cruising..........the other stuff is about everything.

You are correct though, different strokes for different folks:).

sadly mistaken.

Hi Lois

We agree! We can wait for the hoopla to trickle down...not planning to book immediately anyhow

Not true at all. These boards are anonymous. That is not the same with FB, twitter or instagram. I warn all my clients and all young adults to not use any of the above, or to do so very carefully. Ill advised statements can be associated with you forever. Comments and pictures can be used in a court of law many years later to your detriment. Employers and prospective employers can use FB to develop an impression of you and in turn terminate your employment or deny employment, and you won't even know it.

Not true at all. These boards are anonymous. That is not the same with FB, twitter or instagram. I warn all my clients and all young adults to not use any of the above, or to do so very carefully. Ill advised statements can be associated with you forever. Comments and pictures can be used in a court of law many years later to your detriment. Employers and prospective employers can use FB to develop an impression of you and in turn terminate your employment or deny employment, and you won't even know it.

Cruise Critic is not as anonymous as you think and it is possible to use Facebook in a rather anonymous manner if you really want to. Still, I respect anyone's decision to eschew any type of social media for any reason.

More than likely, they are trying to reach a younger audience through facebook, than those members on these boards.

That being said, I received a call today from my "personal cruise consultant" (whom I have never heard from/of before) and she said she was calling because I filled out the interest form on the edge website. I tried to get the homeport or itinerary details from her, and she said she won't have them until Monday at Noon. (RIGHT!) Right after we got off the phone she followed that up with an email (canned language). Anyway, they are desperately trying to generate buzz and get the word out, it seems. They just won't tell us, what the ship looks like, where it's going, where it leaves from, etc.

Have never seen bookings being able to open, when no one knows what to do once they are.

We signed up to receive information. Well it is Friday, no one has received anything.

Hate the meaningless hype. It will be interesting what kind of chaos is created on Monday. Someone predicted the implosion of the Celeb web site.

There was no promise of news before the official "unveiling" on Monday. While it does seem inefficient to start selling before people know the full range of categories available, I suspect X knows there are enough of the faithful out there who will simply trust them and book blindly, perhaps shifting their bookings later. Whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, we're a small subset here, so obsessed with the process.

Am I correct in thinking that any deposit for a cabin booked at this point on any Celebrity ship, whether Edge or one of the current ships, can still be fully refunded as close to 90 days before departure? If so, it doesn't seem like a big gamble to book a stateroom on Edge if that appeals.

It does seem strange to me that they aren't giving priority to Captain's Club members for at least a few hours....

That is not the same with FB, twitter or instagram. I warn all my clients and all young adults to not use any of the above, or to do so very carefully. Ill advised statements can be associated with you forever.

Seriously? Just because some people do stupid things doesn't mean that everyone does. That kind of thinking brings me back to my grade school years when the entire class would get in trouble for the acts of just one or two. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are perfectly fine when being used in a proper and safe way, which many, many people do.

Seriously? Just because some people do stupid things doesn't mean that everyone does. That kind of thinking brings me back to my grade school years when the entire class would get in trouble for the acts of just one or two. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are perfectly fine when being used in a proper and safe way, which many, many people do.

Yes seriously. You would be shocked at the statements which come back to haunt people. I am not advocating the abolishing of FB or any other social media. I am merely pointing out that it is not as harmless or private as people think it is. It is not protected private speech. When you post on any social media site, you are essentially becoming a publisher and there is no expectation of privacy. I am not debating the merits of any sites security or "privacy" protections. None of them are foolproof and that is a different issue all together. I don't want to hijack this thread. I was merely responding to a prior posters comments.

Yes seriously. You would be shocked at the statements which come back to haunt people. I am not advocating the abolishing of FB or any other social media. I am merely pointing out that it is not as harmless or private as people think it is. It is not protected private speech. When you post on any social media site, you are essentially becoming a publisher and there is no expectation of privacy. I am not debating the merits of any sites security or "privacy" protections. None of them are foolproof and that is a different issue all together. I don't want to hijack this thread. I was merely responding to a prior posters comments.

I was not trying to argue that certain statements don't come back and haunt people. I know they do. I just find it a bit extreme to discourage everyone from using social media because of that. There are plenty of safe and acceptable things that can be shared on social media, as long as the poster is smart. I guess it comes down to being clear about what exactly it means to post on any social media site.

Did not mean to hijack the thread either.