Anthem muster drill

wezie

Hi. I will e on the Anthem in a few months. How does the muster drill work? Is it at the actual muster station outside or do they have it in a lounge or something? Also, do you have to wear lifejackets?

Muster Stations on Anthem are all located inside in different venues. Life jackets are not required.

On the anthem now, and the muster drill was awful. We were seated in a venue after travelling all morning. The loud speaker was horrendously loud. People were blocking their ears, including my husband who immediately had to go lay down with a migraine for the rest of the day. I still have no clue what to do Incase of emergency. All I retained was "there are lifejackets strategically placed throughout the ship" (no clue where) and some doors are marked 'employees only' but can be used in case of emergency.

As Patti stated, they are all inside, on decks 4 and 5. Just to clarify, these are the actual muster stations, if there was an emergency this is where you would go. In the highly unlikely event that lifeboats would need to be boarded, crew members would lead you from the indoor muster station to the boarding areas.

I would always prefer to be inside for Muster than standing outside in the hot sun. Had experiences with both. Depends on the ship. And inside on the video screens you will be humming the "Wash Your Hands" tune for hours after....

• 11 months later...

Getting ready to go on the Anthem (first time), but if it is like the Oasis or Allure, whichever venue you were sitting in IS where you would go in case of an emergency and the life vests are all inside that venue area. They would be handed out at the time (if needed). I believe on the larger ships, oasis class and newer, they are now all doing it that way as there are just too many people to try and get to the outside in the assigned areas if an emergency actually were to happen. We were just on the Liberty and enchantment few months ago and they were still outside.

Agreed that the muster drills on the Anthem are pretty sad. Just a video is played, everyone is packed into their areas and people talk over the video. Three times I've been on the Anthem and I can honestly say I wouldn't know what to do if an emergency happened.

I'm still trying to figure out how 313 people fit inside of those lifeboats on Anthem. I wish the video included footage of a simulated evacuation. I guess they readily acknowledge we are in for pure every man for himself chaos in the event of an actual emergency. I'm pretty sure the Solarium squatters will try to bring their chairs with them.

The drill have become more of a joke every year we cruz. In a lounge, 1/2 the pax drinking and chatting.

I do recommend finding your assigned lifeboat, take a couple of different routes (perhaps on the way to dinner) set up a meeting plan with your cabinmates, then sit back, relax and have a rita!

Agreed that the muster drills on the Anthem are pretty sad. Just a video is played, everyone is packed into their areas and people talk over the video. Three times I've been on the Anthem and I can honestly say I wouldn't know what to do if an emergency happened.

IF the video works, that is. On our first Anthem cruise the video did not work so the staff did it the "old fashioned" way. On our second one, our location was in the open area outside the 270, by the big sculpture. It was packed and there was no video that we could see, just a staff member demonstrating the life vest. Fortunately, we had been on enough cruises to know the emergency routine.

Agree. Ours was in the Schooner bar on Anthem. Since it's also a thoroughfare to other parts of the ship, there were lots of people trying to walk through. Now that you mention it, there was trouble with the video as well. They wash your hands video kept looping instead of the next video playing. Since it is right next to the forward elevators, everyone was slowly moving out of the room towards them as the captain's announcement went on.

The point of the muster drill is to know where your station is. That's it.

In the event of an emergency show up and shut up. Listen to directions and follow them.

Muster drills are not a dress rehearsal for an emergency. They are to ensure everyone knows where their muster station is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Getting ready to go on the Anthem (first time), but if it is like the Oasis or Allure, whichever venue you were sitting in IS where you would go in case of an emergency and the life vests are all inside that venue area. They would be handed out at the time (if needed). I believe on the larger ships, oasis class and newer, they are now all doing it that way as there are just too many people to try and get to the outside in the assigned areas if an emergency actually were to happen. We were just on the Liberty and enchantment few months ago and they were still outside.

Curious why you are attempting to answer a question asked a year ago. This thread is old and potentially less accurate.

I'm still trying to figure out how 313 people fit inside of those lifeboats on Anthem. I wish the video included footage of a simulated evacuation. I guess they readily acknowledge we are in for pure every man for himself chaos in the event of an actual emergency. I'm pretty sure the Solarium squatters will try to bring their chairs with them.

I make sure to put a towel and book down on a seat inside the life boat to save my place.:evilsmile:

Was on Anthem in November. As everyone has said you are directed to a specific area inside the ship without life jackets. We had to go to the Italian Restaurant and it was horrible. Packed in like sardines and then they played a movie of sorts that cleverly gave you info on what to do BUT having been on many other cruises I thought this way of drill prep was all wrong. Nobody took it seriously. Everyone was annoyed. When we traveled on Disney you had to go line up in your life jackets on the deck. The crew took it very seriously and because of that my kids knew they needed to pay attention and listen to the directions. Had Anthem been our first cruise ever I wouldn't even know what I really needed to do in an emergency.