Whats your favorite NYC restaurant?

George C

Want to try some new places on next trip , we do NYC every year but normally do same restaurants, Becco's , Angelo pizza, Galleghers, Peking duck house, What is your favorite been wanting to try Orso on restaurant row and also Delmonico's downtown where I worked in late 60's and 70's

Le Bernadin. Absolutely and without question. Yes, it's pricey. Yes, it's hard to get a reservation. But the food and service are amazing, and it's undeniably the best seafood I've ever eaten.

I've never eaten at Eleven Madison Park or Per Se (as though you can get a reservation at Per Se), but Le Bernadin is just right for me.

Le Bernadin. Absolutely and without question. Yes, it's pricey. Yes, it's hard to get a reservation. But the food and service are amazing, and it's undeniably the best seafood I've ever eaten.

I've never eaten at Eleven Madison Park or Per Se (as though you can get a reservation at Per Se), but Le Bernadin is just right for me.

Looks interesting , and would cost 500 or more for dinner and wine, also next to our favorite hotel where we stay every year Michelangelo will have to take a look and at least stop for a drink

I love places where you can eat outside. Barbetta Restaurant on Restaurant Row has a lovely outdoor garden. If you are going to MOMA, Dos Caminos has outdoor seating at 50th and Third Avenue. I also love the Bryant Park grill. There is an outdoor venue but doesn't take reservations. I like the indoor restaurant also. Great atmosphere and service a little pricey but not outrageous

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love places where you can eat outside. Barbetta Restaurant on Restaurant Row has a lovely outdoor garden. If you are going to MOMA, Dos Caminos has outdoor seating at 50th and Third Avenue. I also love the Bryant Park grill. There is an outdoor venue but doesn't take reservations. I like the indoor restaurant also. Great atmosphere and service a little pricey but not outrageous

Thanks for info, we like outdoor places for drinks but not to eat, we almost always visit at end of May so weather is normally very nice, have been to may of the restaurant row locations , on visit 2 years ago late on Sunday night we had a table for 10 and only other table was Joan Rivers at Joe Allens , we made too much noise and they moved to other side of the restaurant.

Want to try some new places on next trip , we do NYC every year but normally do same restaurants, Becco's , Angelo pizza, Galleghers, Peking duck house, What is your favorite been wanting to try Orso on restaurant row and also Delmonico's downtown where I worked in late 60's and 70's

Nougatine (French) which is the casual area for Jean-Georges is a great restaurant and not TOO expensive (if you are comparing Le Bernadin or Per Se). It shares the same kitchen as Jean-Georges.

I always recommend Nomad (American) these days. The chicken for two is one the best dishes I have eaten.

Le Coucou (French) is the hot new high end restaurant in the city and is difficult to get a reservation. It's really good. Had a rabbit dish there that was fantastic. Some other suggestions would be Milos (Greek fish) and Forgione (American).

If cost is no object then I would also recommend Bouley (French) if it's still open by the time you come through NYC.

Nougatine is off Columbus Circle, Milos is on 55th at the edge of the Theater District, Le Coucou is in Little Italy/Soho, Nomad is mid-town, Forgione and Bouley are down in Tribeca.

Happy eating!

Nougatine (French) which is the casual area for Jean-Georges is a great restaurant and not TOO expensive (if you are comparing Le Bernadin or Per Se). It shares the same kitchen as Jean-Georges.

I always recommend Nomad (American) these days. The chicken for two is one the best dishes I have eaten.

Le Coucou (French) is the hot new high end restaurant in the city and is difficult to get a reservation. It's really good. Had a rabbit dish there that was fantastic. Some other suggestions would be Milos (Greek fish) and Forgione (American).

If cost is no object then I would also recommend Bouley (French) if it's still open by the time you come through NYC.

Nougatine is off Columbus Circle, Milos is on 55th at the edge of the Theater District, Le Coucou is in Little Italy/Soho, Nomad is mid-town, Forgione and Bouley are down in Tribeca.

Happy eating!

Thanks for info

Love the Peking Duck House. Been going there since I was a kid.

Love the Peking Duck House. Been going there since I was a kid.

My 1st visit was late 1970's , have seen Mayor Koch there a couple of times in late 70;s and early 80's was a BYOB back them , do not understand why anyone would do any chain restaurant such as Buffalo wild wings when you have so many unique places to eat, will have to do Katz either this trip or next

You've got some great suggestions in the other posts. I'm going to offer two fun places (among so many in NYC!). If you are there on a Friday night, the Met Museum of Art often has during the summer months drinks on top of the roof. It is a great venue, wonderful sights, and a nice way to begin a Friday evening (and take in a little culture, too!). Also, for dessert, Ferrara's Bakery in Little Italy (195 Grand Street) is a WONDERFUL place for all kinds of Italian pastries! It is right in the middle of Little Italy. There are some terrific restaurants in that area as well. So many places! These two places were a few of our many fun favorites when I lived in the city. Enjoy!

Love little Italy, I also have a cousin who is married to a chef at one of the museums ( have not seem this cousin in 30 years) , thanks to all for some great suggestions, if anyone else has ideas [please let us know. Interesting that we have everything from pretty cheap places to places that are about 500 per couple listed. ( did World Trade center a few times and did elevator ride last year- which is great if its a clear day)

Recognizing that I opened big with the high end of the scale, the fact is that my wife and I really love the neighborhood places when we're in town. We normally stay Midtown East, and the area around 49th - 52nd or so and Lexington down to Second Avenue has a number of great neighborhood restaurants. We stumbled into a great Indian place called Amma, that probably seats twenty people. We've only been once because it's south of Grand Central, but Les Halles on Park was a wonderful French bistro/steak place. We haven't been for years as we don't stay in Times Square, but Blue Fin at the W was excellent.

Too much good food, too little time!

Totally agree with too much good food, too little time, even with 5 days in NYC its hard to hit all our favorites, some of our friends from Dallas were at Becco's last night at my suggestion and just loved it

• 4 weeks later...
Any suggestions for a family of 4 ? Not too pricey , we will be in Times Square area and the statin island ferry area, also need a suggestion for amazing New York cheesecake . Also, is there a day pass for the subway?

Thanks

Triena

What are you interested in? First suggestion for a family of four would be John's Pizza, 44th between 7th and 8th Ave. It's a decommissioned church, and very good pizza. And local. There are a number of local places on 8th Ave just outside of Times Square. For cheesecake in Times Square, you go to Junior's, 45th between Broadway and 8th Ave and right across the street from the Marquis Marriott.

Yes, there are unlimited ride cards. I'd suggest opening a new thread on that question. Unless you're there for a week and plan on riding the subway all the time, they're probably not a good deal for a family of four.