Good Excursions for Cozumel

Hello all,

My family and I are sailing on Harmony of the Seas on April 8th, which is the Western Caribbean itinerary. I have been to Cozumel twice, having done the Chankanaab excursion with Allure and Playa Mia with Liberty. We had originally booked the Playa Mia excursion again for our upcoming Harmony cruise, only to have it cancelled by Royal. We did enjoy Chankanaab and that is a possible consideration, but we're open to options, so I decided to come to the best resource on cruise advice! That being said, does anybody on here have any recommendations as far as excursions in Cozumel? If possible, could you briefly describe the excursion and how much it cost? This will help us make a decision. Thank you all very much in advance!

If you were originally planning on doing the Playa Mia.

You are probably better off going to Mr.Sanchos or Paradise Beach.

Not really excursions but a beach day with options such as JetSki/Parasailing/Snorkling/Etc.

You can do this on your own by taking a cab.

We usually rent our own car...

We are giving Viator dot com a shot as their reviews are very high. My experiences with RCL land tours was unfavorable, consistently! We booked a 5 or 6 hour van tour with multiple stops to eat, view, visit, have adult beverages and snorkel. Necer used them but since the customer reviews on RCL managed tours has vanished ( I can surmise why!) and the independent operator has cinsusten oositive reviews if all the offerings they privude worldwide, we will take the opportunity.

We are heading back to Cozumel for the third time in April. We love Paradise Beach and plan to go back. It's a simple 15 minute cab ride away and there are plenty of cabs ready to take you back to the ship at the end of the day. Awesome beach day.

We've done the Isla Passion by Twister twice in Cozumel. It is a ship tour only and cost $89/adult (Tour CZ1F). It is a really fun boat ride to the island where you have an all-inclusive day on a beautiful beach. There are water climb-on things for the kids and in-water hammocks to relax in. Food and drinks are great too.

We are giving Viator dot com a shot as their reviews are very high. My experiences with RCL land tours was unfavorable, consistently! We booked a 5 or 6 hour van tour with multiple stops to eat, view, visit, have adult beverages and snorkel. Necer used them but since the customer reviews on RCL managed tours has vanished ( I can surmise why!) and the independent operator has cinsusten oositive reviews if all the offerings they privude worldwide, we will take the opportunity.

A 6 hour van tour is not really the best thing for a family to try.

Especially in Cozumel where there is not really much to look at.

We are heading back to Cozumel for the third time in April. We love Paradise Beach and plan to go back. It's a simple 15 minute cab ride away and there are plenty of cabs ready to take you back to the ship at the end of the day. Awesome beach day.

Another vote for Paradise been there a number of times and always have a great time

Hello all,

My family and I are sailing on Harmony of the Seas on April 8th, which is the Western Caribbean itinerary. I have been to Cozumel twice, having done the Chankanaab excursion with Allure and Playa Mia with Liberty. We had originally booked the Playa Mia excursion again for our upcoming Harmony cruise, only to have it cancelled by Royal. We did enjoy Chankanaab and that is a possible consideration, but we're open to options, so I decided to come to the best resource on cruise advice! That being said, does anybody on here have any recommendations as far as excursions in Cozumel? If possible, could you briefly describe the excursion and how much it cost? This will help us make a decision. Thank you all very much in advance!

d5b519c55d4b7ae9a0b3cddd8bcd93fd.jpg

Paradise Beach!!!!

It's kind of weird for me to think that Playa Mia was cancelled? I agree that another beach day choice seems appropriate - but it would be good to see if Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum are sold out already for the day - it might help you figure out if you will be able to get into them or Paradise Beach....or maybe even see if you can book Playa Mia directly for the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to Paradise beach. For our group (DH, myself, DS(8) and Grandma), it was the best choice because we did *not* want an all-inclusive. It was $15 for the cab ride over for the 4 of us. It costs $3 per person to get in, but they ask that you spend $10 per person on food & drinks (that was easy for us to do). It's an additional $18 if you want to use the inflatable water park, kayaks, etc. DH and DS did that while Grandma and I relaxed. They have all of the regular beach rentals (wave runners, para sailing, etc.) and massage available. We found the service to be excellent, and the food was very good too. DS loved both the inflatables and the gigantic pool...couldn't get him out of that pool!

We found the facilities to be very clean...they have bathrooms, showers, changing areas, etc. WiFi is also included in your stay.

Have fun!

If you hadn't mentioned family I would say the Cozumel BarHop. We had a blast on this tour. And it's not near as depraved as it sounds. Just some beautiful scenery on the wild side of the island and 4 off the grid bars.

I totally agree! I've been to Cozumel probably 5 times but only found this before our last cruise a few weeks ago. My 2 bff's and I had a wonderful time. I'll do it again next time I'm there.

Hello all,

If you like Playa Mia, Nachi Cocum (private excursion with great reputation) would be in my limited experience 500% better. (I was at Playa mia in 2008 and thought it was a dump if you weren't part of the Mexican cooking excursion. A friend just got back from Mr Sanchos and enjoyed it.

I am hearing a lot of good things from you all about Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. Once again, anyone with information is encouraged to let me know as my family and I very much appreciate all the feedback from experienced cruisers. Thanks so much again for all the replies. I hope you all enjoyed your excursions!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a trip back to Cozumel in 2019.

Our 2017 bus tour should give us a good lay of the land o,us they make a lot of stops for sightseeing and adult beverages;p

Next time just the pool and beach would be a good option. We just want to see as much of the island as this is our first visit there.

Paradise Beach is a wonderful place, we went there twice last year, once with three couples and the second time in November with a family with kids and everyone loved it. Both the beach and the lovely pool are great, plenty of shade available for those who want it. Food and drinks reasonably priced. A great place for a relaxing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums