Cruising out of Miami flying out of Ft Lauderdale help with times pl

helene109

Depending on the time you return to Miami, will depend on when you can expect to get off the ship. I leave 3 hours north west of Miami and can tell you you will need about an hour to hour and half travel from port to airport, depending on if you have to wait for another group from a different ship. If your off by 9 you should be at the airport by 10. I would take the 2PM flight home since it arrives about the same time as the earlier flight.

Hi there

For a long time now, I will only consider a non-stop flight unless there is no other option. Perhaps if it was a much greater savings I would consider a later departure, but only with the thought that I would rent a car and make it an extra day of vacation, likely spending any cash savings that I would be benefitting from the later departure.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

You can make all of them. We've done this several time when we lived in the NE, and has been at FLL before 10:00 from the port in Miami. If other ships are arriving at both ports on that day, security will be a little longer, but you should still be able to make the 12:50 flight. If price is no option do the 2:00, or the one after 3:00 to save sone money. I always prefer non-stop, but it's not a factor for me on the return trip home.

We made a 12:30 PM flight out of FLL. Booked the Carnival bus out of port of Miami to FLL. Got to airport and was able to check bags, get something to eat, relax a bit and on the plane. It was one of the best deport days we've had. Go for it!

Flights are always cheaper to Ft. Lauderdale than Miami from NYC so that's the route I take but I have family in Ft. Lauderdale so I usually just hang out with them for the day and fly back home in the night.

I would definitely do the 2pm flight. The layover on the earlier flight will feel even worse because you are coming from a vacation and want to be home.

As others have said, all are doable. 2PM is the best flight, the later flight for $106 will save you well over $500... is it worth getting home a bit later for $500? That's up to you.
Since you mentioned there are four of you, the 106.00 455pm flight versus the 256.00 200pm nonstop will save you 600.00. My decision would then be easily made.

What do you do when your flight is so late? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rent a car from the airport, go site seeing or to a nice lunch. The car will only be about $40, still cheaper than the earlier flights. Gives you a place to store your bags.