Beverage Package

sunny2runner

I wish I could view your calculator. I do not have any programs on my computer that will allow me to open it, but thanks for posting it anyway.

Candi

Hi Candi,

Try downloading this free Excel viewer from Microsoft and see if you can open the spreadsheet then.

Paul

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=10

If you are a wine drinker, the package isn't worth it. Usually the only wine available by the glass are the cheapest.

Wine in Vines is included. That's where you get decent wine by the glass using the AIBP.

Also Drinks over $10 are not included. And, your are not just charged the difference you are charged the full price

There are very few drinks that don't fall under the AIBP. Really, very few.

Wine in Vines is included. That's where you get decent wine by the glass using the AIBP.

When I have the AIBP, I always get a glass in Vines to carry in to the dining room. On my last cruise, DW and I would go by the MDR, get a beeper, and wait in Vines. When we were beeped, the bartender in Vines would top off our glasses to carry in to the MDR.

• 2 months later...
Yes, on our upcoming Alaska cruise, DH will get the package and I will enjoy the bottles of wine at the 40% discount. :D

Is this ok to do this as my Partner will buy the package and i was going to get him to buy bottles of wine with the 40% discount instead of getting the package as i only drink wine in the evening but don't want to break any rules. And can i carry this bottle to the bars with me. Thanks in advance

Is this ok to do this as my Partner will buy the package and i was going to get him to buy bottles of wine with the 40% discount instead of getting the package as i only drink wine in the evening but don't want to break any rules. And can i carry this bottle to the bars with me. Thanks in advance

Bottles of wine purchased at 40% off under the AIBP can be shared with anybody. It is perfectly fine and "legal" under the terms of the AIBP.

If you are a wine drinker, the package isn't worth it. Usually the only wine available by the glass are the cheapest.

I absolutely disagree with this. We think if you're a wine drinker the package is a must.

I absolutely disagree with this. We think if you're a wine drinker the package is a must.

I'm with you. The poster to whom you are responding stated that usually the only wine available by the glass is the cheapest wine. Obviously they don't frequent Vines. While I don't find the package "a must" for us I see no reason why it wouldn't be as good a value for a wine drinker as for anybody else.

Just don't try to have him get you drinks using his AIBP. If one is caught "sharing" the package then you are charged for all drinks you have had to date and the cost of the package that you paid for is not refunded. Really a major bummer.

What a load of un-mitigated rubbish.

What a load of un-mitigated rubbish.

I take it you have been caught sharing your package and had no repercussions? I can only imagine how many people will want to "thank" the cheaters when Princess gets tired enough of being ripped off and decides that all adults in a cabin must purchase the package if any of them wants to have it.

I wish I could view your calculator. I do not have any programs on my computer that will allow me to open it, but thanks for posting it anyway.

Candi

Candi, go to https://www.openoffice.org/ and download a copy of Open Office it is a free program that will open any Word compatible document or Excel compatible spreadsheet without any problem and let you use them. It's been around for any number of years and has a wide user base. As the people who support it say "you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial, educational, public administration. You may install it on as many computers as you like. You may make copies and give them away to family, friends, students, employees - anyone you like." That way you can use the drink calculator with no problem and at no cost.

Tom

Just don't try to have him get you drinks using his AIBP. If one is caught "sharing" the package then you are charged for all drinks you have had to date and the cost of the package that you paid for is not refunded. Really a major bummer.

is this true, ive never found any info on Princess about this

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:52 PM, cruisincdns said:

I have attached the most recent version of the Princess AIBP beverage calculator that I maintain.

Paul

Princess All Inclusive Beverage Package AIBP Evaluator rev4 posted 02-14-2017.xls

This beverage package evaluator is no longer being maintained or available.