Celebrity is Testing Several Cruises for Using OBC Pre Cruise???

Lastdance

{{snip}}

I also received the Captain's Club email from Lee Moreau advertising the so-called additional 10% discount for buying pre-cruise. It as after Captain's Club hours when I called, so I'm not sure who I got on the phone, but to no surprise they weren't aware of the email offer I read to them over the phone. They put me on hold to check with someone else and the answer back was the 10% offer from Lee Moreau is the same 10% discount offered in the link below for buying pre-cruise. I didn't debate the issue with them because I'll call directly to the Captain's Club in a day or two when I have the time. But if anyone (past passenger or not) can buy the package at 10% discount, why then the email from Lee Moreau advertising Captain's Club an additional 10% discount? But like I said, I'll call directly to the Captain's Club and see how far that will get me!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Thanks for the flyer showing the internet package costs before the CC discounts.

For what it's worth, I understood Lee's email to mean that we are now entitled to received the 10% pre-purchase discount (which everybody gets), in addition to our loyalty discounts.

When I inquired before this "enhancement" was announced, I was told (by both Captain's Club and the shoreside "One Touch" concierge for suites) that it was one discount or the other.

It's not that exciting of an "enhancement", but it's seems like a fairer way of handling the discount.

Jane

Thanks for the flyer showing the internet package costs before the CC discounts.

For what it's worth, I understood Lee's email to mean that we are now entitled to received the 10% pre-purchase discount (which everybody gets), in addition to our loyalty discounts.

When I inquired before this "enhancement" was announced, I was told (by both Captain's Club and the shoreside "One Touch" concierge for suites) that it was one discount or the other.

It's not that exciting of an "enhancement", but it's seems like a fairer way of handling the discount.

Jane

Yeah, I don't see how they advertise as a Captain's Club perk when anyone, including a first timer can buy the package for the same price!

Did you need to call Captain's Club to pre-purchase with both the 10% and loyalty credits using your OBC?

I called Captain's Club regarding the extra 10%, as I had already purchased the internet as an elite. I was told by Erin that unfortunately, I would have to cancel and rebook to get the 10% + my 30% for being elite. So, that is what I did; that is also what JaneStarr is asking above, along with the OBC question. The easiest thing to do is call Captain's Club to be sure, knowing the information provided so far. If you do not have the benefit from Captain's Club and when you go to purchase online and it says a lower price than $319 for 14 or more days, that lower price should be 10% off. Just remember that it is a different price depending on cruise length. If you want to use your OBC, then you have to be on one of the 3 sailings Celebrity is testing on the Reflection. There are several variables that are being discussed and all are good questions. Please share your own information on this thread.

Yes, you need to call Captain's Club if you want your tier discount and the additional 10%. I hope that I have not confused this issue...if so, my apology!

Edited by Lastdance

They offered it on our sailing March 18th, Reflection. I ordered the dinner package

Got the same email for the 18th, but already had everything pre-ordered so it was sort of useless. The only good thing is that the pop-up shows your actual OBC not what your reservation page says, $300 on the reservation page vs. $450 on the pop-up

Got the same email for the 18th, but already had everything pre-ordered so it was sort of useless. The only good thing is that the pop-up shows your actual OBC not what your reservation page says, $300 on the reservation page vs. $450 on the pop-up

From my understanding, you are able to cancel and rebook with your OBC.

Thanks for the advice given here. I called CC, and was able to take both discounts for the internet, and use my OBC as well. For a 7 night cruise, the total ended up being $157, Elite and pre-sail discounts combined.

Thanks for the advice given here. I called CC, and was able to take both discounts for the internet, and use my OBC as well. For a 7 night cruise, the total ended up being $157, Elite and pre-sail discounts combined.

Thanks for reporting back to us. This is great news!

For anybody who has already paid w/o getting the loyalty discount, know that you can cancel the package and call Captain's Club to repurchase with both discounts.

Jane

So is the trial only using pre purchased OBC, or is perk and TA supplied OBC now going to appear in the online calendar to utilise prior to sailing?

Else I'm thinking this type of OBC will still not be available until it is credited to your seapass account once aboard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is the trial only using pre purchased OBC, or is perk and TA supplied OBC now going to appear in the online calendar to utilise prior to sailing?

Else I'm thinking this type of OBC will still not be available until it is credited to your seapass account once aboard?

This was my experience, we have $300 OBC as a perk for booking a S1, we also have $150 for trading in our X CC points. When I log in on the website and look at my reservation it only shows the $300 OBC. However when I clicked on the email that X sent about using your OBC and logged in a popup came up saying "You have $450 OBC to use, start booking blah blah blah"

So the system sees all your OBC at least in my case it did.

This was my experience, we have $300 OBC as a perk for booking a S1, we also have $150 for trading in our X CC points. When I log in on the website and look at my reservation it only shows the $300 OBC. However when I clicked on the email that X sent about using your OBC and logged in a popup came up saying "You have $450 OBC to use, start booking blah blah blah"

That's great! Thanks for the confirmation!!

Also, regarding the military rate - my husband is a veteran with 4 years in the AF. Is he entitled to any kind of special rate or is it only for active/retired military?

You are only required to have 2 years of military service to qualify for the military rate. As already mentioned, it's only available on some sailings. The rules state you have to show a DD 214, but when I used this rate I was never asked for the DD 214. I would still take it with me.

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have any new data points for using OBC pre-cruise? If so, which ship(s) and sailing(s)?

Wondering if the pilot for allowing this on a limited number of (March & April 1) sailings has been extended and if anybody had difficulties once onboard with purchases or remaining OBC.

Jane

• 4 weeks later...
Do we have any new data points for using OBC pre-cruise? If so, which ship(s) and sailing(s)?

Wondering if the pilot for allowing this on a limited number of (March & April 1) sailings has been extended and if anybody had difficulties once onboard with purchases or remaining OBC.

I just had the pre-cruise OBC offer appear as a pop-up in Cruise Planner for my June 18th Summit sailing. It hadn't shown up prior to today; in fact, I was unaware of having any OBC for this sailing, but now there's $50 sitting there. I'm curious if it's only showing up as a promotion for the pre-cruise booking program, or if it would still be available for use on the ship. I didn't see anything clarifying in my cursory perusal of the terms and conditions on the pop-up. :confused:

YES!! I wish they would do this fleetwide!!

I can tell you it certainly isn't happening on the Summit, at least for our sailing. Argh...

Have you checked your cruise planner? We are on the Summit April 22 and we have the option to use ours pre cruise

Got the same email for the 18th, but already had everything pre-ordered so it was sort of useless.

We got the email yesterday for our Memorial Day Cruise on the Equinox.

Like you, we had already pre-paid gratuities and shore excursions.

Guess we could cancel and re-book, but I don't want to risk losing our excursions if there is a website glitch....plus, I booked for more than one cabin and would probably have to call to keep everything in order.

Looks like we'll buy some un-planned drinks and do some shopping on board.....maybe even a Specialty Dinner, if they have some special offers. $150/person doesn't go all that far! HAHA!

I would hope that this process becomes the norm on ALL cruise lines!! :)

I received an email yesterday saying that I can use my OBC (combo of TA and perk) for pre-cruise purchases (like excursions, etc.). I'm on the Millennium in August for a northbound Alaska cruise from Vancouver. When I went to my reservation I also got the pop-up. I don't have alot of OBC, but I'll take it!