No Shampoo or Conditioner ??

Several recent RCCL ship reviews reporting no Shampoo & Conditioner or body wash.

"Cabin attendant was fantastic. But no robes, no chocolates, no shampoo, conditioner or body wash"

Is this new policy or just a cabin service issue by several reviewers?

Several recent RCCL ship reviews reporting no Shampoo & Conditioner or body wash.

"Cabin attendant was fantastic. But no robes, no chocolates, no shampoo, conditioner or body wash"

Is this new policy or just a cabin service issue by several reviewers?

In addition, robes are for Platinum and up, and only by request. (so many people said that they don't want/use them, but they don't return them to the steward. Now you have to ask). Chocolates have been gone for...................four or five years.

So regular Cabin folks are required to bring their own shampoo?

Virtually every ship has a dispenser of shampoo/conditioner in the shower/bathtub. I don't know what's going on with Vision, but for whatever reason they did not have this. However, as mentioned above, the stateroom attendant may be able to supply the small bottles upon request.

from RCCL FAQ's

"What amenities are offered in the staterooms - Royal Caribbean International A: Our staterooms and suites vary by ship, but every room offers a television, telephone, private bath, shower, vanity and a hair dryer. And, like a fine hotel, all of our staterooms provide soap and (depending on your ship) a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. Depending on your stateroom/suite category, your accommodations may include other amenities such as bathrobes, mini bars and more."

I haven't cruised RCCL recently but am Platinum & the all the other lines always had soap ,Shampoo, conditioner & body wash with no requirement to ask for them unless you are out

from RCCL FAQ's

"What amenities are offered in the staterooms - Royal Caribbean International A: Our staterooms and suites vary by ship, but every room offers a television, telephone, private bath, shower, vanity and a hair dryer. And, like a fine hotel, all of our staterooms provide soap and (depending on your ship) a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. Depending on your stateroom/suite category, your accommodations may include other amenities such as bathrobes, mini bars and more."

I haven't cruised RCCL recently but am Platinum & the all the other lines always had soap ,Shampoo, conditioner & body wash with no requirement to ask for them unless you are out

That is funny, like in a fine hotel.... ! A bar of soap and a cheap all-in-one hair and body wash can be found in every Motel 6. On Vision we had a despenser in the shower that contained a mixture of water and liquid soap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

seeing we're going by ship ... Serenade??

Serenade has the dispenser on the wall in the shower. There will be two bars of soap, also.

But I can just-about-guarantee you that your cabin steward will bring the little tubes if you ask nicely. ;)

Aww... so no bath robes for us lowly new, non-suite people?! Well that stinks! I love having a bathrobe available after showers and such. Hopefully they have what we need in the bathrooms, although we usually travel with our own anyway (at least I do, the boys can make do with whatever is available! LOL!).

Personally the shampoo in the shower is not something that I use- being in the sun and wind can wreack havoc on my hair. I travel with a solid shampoo bar from Lush Cosmetics, easy to pack and no liquid issue. I also carry a bar of shea butter soap, lovely scent and moisturizing.

Aww... so no bath robes for us lowly new, non-suite people?! Well that stinks! I love having a bathrobe available after showers and such. Hopefully they have what we need in the bathrooms, although we usually travel with our own anyway (at least I do, the boys can make do with whatever is available! LOL!).

It doesn't hurt to ask your cabin steward. Sometimes they have extra.

Cindy, with the new policy of everyone who is entitled to a robe (Platinum and up, suite guests) supposed to request one, instead of people getting them then just throwing them in the back of the closet, perhaps there will now be enough for everyone who asks, including you.

Just ask.

I can't work up too much concern about shampoo and conditioner. I much prefer to bring my own brands from home anyway. However, people need to know what to expect so they can pack correctly.

As for robes, I don't use them at home and don't see why people care about them, and I doubt I'm alone. I think it makes sense to provide them only for customers who WANT them; this saves the cabin stewards from needing to wash them between cruises.

I can't work up too much concern about shampoo and conditioner. I much prefer to bring my own brands from home anyway. However, people need to know what to expect so they can pack correctly.

As for robes, I don't use them at home and don't see why people care about them, and I doubt I'm alone. I think it makes sense to provide them only for customers who WANT them; this saves the cabin stewards from needing to wash them between cruises.

As a regular robe wearer at home and on cruises, I'll be very disappointed if we can't get robes. I understand the cost-saving measure, but it would be nice to know if we'll get them before packing, not once we're aboard. RCI should consider allowing passengers to state their preference at time of booking.