Any Diamond or above experience this with their 3 drink pass

This is how it was on our first cruise with vouchers (I do not even recall which ship it was)--I was pleasantly surprised it was no longer the case on subsequent cruises.

I understand it though. The point is supposed to be that the lounge nad vouchers are for drinks in that particular time frame----grabbing a gourp of soads for later defeats that purpose (and it would be easy enough to suck down drinks in the lounger most of the evening and then stop at a bar for the three free sodas on top of that).

If they are concerned with the bottom line then swipe people's seapass card when they order drinks at lounge as well as bars.

Personally, I would love it if they swiped cards in lounge and allowed Diamonds to use their 3 drinks vouchers anytime. This would eliminate lounge crowding since by 3 O'Clock people probably would have used all their vouchers at pool.

I know I will get flamed for this, flame on...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Using one of my 3 drink preloaded amenity, I have always gotten a can of soda at one of the bars to take back to my room for consumption late at night while watching a movie on my tablet. I just completed a B2B on Serenade and when requesting my can of soda was told by several different bartenders that the "new rule" requires them to open soda cans if they are given to a passenger who is using their Diamond and above drink amenity. Has anyone else experienced this on any other RCI ships?

Hand a couple of dollars with your seapass card and ask the barman not to open can,it always works for me because they otherwise dont get any tips out of serving Diamond drinks.

love sailing with RCCL

This would eliminate lounge crowding since by 3 O'Clock people probably would have used all their vouchers at pool.

No it wouldn't eliminate crowding - they usual crowd would still be in there and just switch to the other free stuff in there like the coffee.

Hand a couple of dollars with your seapass card and ask the barman not to open can,it always works for me because they otherwise dont get any tips out of serving Diamond drinks.

love sailing with RCCL

I always tip the bartenders, so that is not the problem. It seemed specific to Serenade as I was told they received their instruction about opening cans from him/her and was told it was to be fleet wide. So far, that is not the case per these boards.

On Serenade most bar staff always declined to give us a can (open or not) for the D+ vouchers. They said the policy is such free soda only from the fountain (which tastes awful). It happened to us on the last three cruises in 2016. Not nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was told on the Majesty in October that this was the new rule. The bartender there was kind enough not to open them for me either.

This will seriously "cramp my style" on my Serenade TA since I acquired a horrid habit back in college of drinking cokes instead of coffee in the morning and get my three freebies and save them for breakfasts.

Just earlier today I noticed the great price fora JS on the Serenade TA. And such a wonderful itinerary as well. Wished we could join you!

Enjoy!

Just think:

1-As a Diamond, you are offered a few hours each evening where you can socialize in the Diamond Lounge and enjoy free cocktails (but WE would rather enjoy other lounges),]

2-OKAY, as a Diamond, you can enjoy up to 3 drinks in any lounge for a few hours each evening, but we ask that you not "buy" drinks for others who have not reached Diamond status, (but we don't drink alcohol and would rather have soft drinks or bottled water)

3-OKAY, as a Diamond, you can enjoy either cocktails, soft drinks, or bottled water during designated hours in the Diamond lounge or any lounge you choose to visit during THOSE hours (BUT WE WANT TO RECEIVE UNOPENED CANS OF SOFT DRINKS AND BOTTLED WATER THAT WE CAN TAKE WITH US AND ENJOY WHENEVER AND WHERE EVER WE WANT!!!!!!)

Get over it and be glad for perks that will go away if enough people ruin it for everyone.

What you could do is keep an empty bottle with top on and take your opened drink back to your cabin and pour into your own bottle for later. I have seen lots of people filling up bottles during the day from soft drinks fountains.

love sailing with RCCL

If they are concerned with the bottom line then swipe people's seapass card when they order drinks at lounge as well as bars.

Personally, I would love it if they swiped cards in lounge and allowed Diamonds to use their 3 drinks vouchers anytime. This would eliminate lounge crowding since by 3 O'Clock people probably would have used all their vouchers at pool.

I know I will get flamed for this, flame on...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I'd like that as well---3 drinks in the lounge or in a bar any time all day would be nice.

Nonetheless, I am just happy to have the voucher option. Lounges were so crowded, and now we can sip drinks while spending time with travelling companions who are not diamond