Any Diamond or above experience this with their 3 drink pass

Using one of my 3 drink preloaded amenity, I have always gotten a can of soda at one of the bars to take back to my room for consumption late at night while watching a movie on my tablet. I just completed a B2B on Serenade and when requesting my can of soda was told by several different bartenders that the "new rule" requires them to open soda cans if they are given to a passenger who is using their Diamond and above drink amenity. Has anyone else experienced this on any other RCI ships?

I just completed a B2B on Serenade and when requesting my can of soda was told by several different bartenders that the "new rule" requires them to open soda cans if they are given to a passenger who is using their Diamond and above drink amenity.

Assuming this is true (the new rule) my question is: who/what caused this and why are D voucher holders being singled out over other customers?

Using one of my 3 drink preloaded amenity, I have always gotten a can of soda at one of the bars to take back to my room for consumption late at night while watching a movie on my tablet. I just completed a B2B on Serenade and when requesting my can of soda was told by several different bartenders that the "new rule" requires them to open soda cans if they are given to a passenger who is using their Diamond and above drink amenity. Has anyone else experienced this on any other RCI ships?

I've not experienced this rule on other ships yet.

On the Allure in September, the Oasis in December and the Harmony in January I would go to one of the bars at 5:00 and get three cans of Coke as my Diamond freebies. They never opened them and had no qualms about giving me three unopened cans at one time. If they changed the rules I don't like it. I need my Coke late in the evening and early in the morning.

I've always gotten an unopened can of soda from the CL/DL with no problem.

This has been our experience as well (except for the Harmony DL) but all others normally I ask for a can as we are ready to leave (or I notice the crew is cleaning up before locking up) and at that time is when I present my tip for the night. After a few nights normally we are given the cans without asking at the end of the night. :)

Liberty in December bartenders said the same thing, but my favorite bartender was still kind enough to take care of me, fortunately. Tipping doesn't hurt in this case. Like you, I like a soda or 2 later in the room when I am winding down.

I was told on the Majesty in October that this was the new rule. The bartender there was kind enough not to open them for me either.

This will seriously "cramp my style" on my Serenade TA since I acquired a horrid habit back in college of drinking cokes instead of coffee in the morning and get my three freebies and save them for breakfasts.

I was told on the Majesty in October that this was the new rule. The bartender there was kind enough not to open them for me either.

This will seriously "cramp my style" on my Serenade TA since I acquired a horrid habit back in college of drinking cokes instead of coffee in the morning and get my three freebies and save them for breakfasts.

Your style will be intact with some of these

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Soda-Can-Lids-Assorted/dp/B01CUNJ3U2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1488726522&sr=8-4&keywords=drink+can+lid

One of the main problems with RCL is that these "rules" seem to vary by fleet...

I was on Rhapsody TA on November 19, 2016 and I posted on this form because I couldn't get bottled water with my Diamond vouchers (we don't really drink and ended up spending a lot on water).

Then on Navigator this week, Bottled water was on the Diamond Drink list.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

One of the main problems with RCL is that these "rules" seem to vary by fleet...

I was on Rhapsody TA on November 19, 2016 and I posted on this form because I couldn't get bottled water with my Diamond vouchers (we don't really drink and ended up spending a lot on water).

Then on Navigator this week, Bottled water was on the Diamond Drink list.

You don't need a package to get water from a bar, one can get ice water there any time they are open

Is this the large bottle or is it the smaller individual sized one? Is the water chilled? Since neither my cousin or I drink alcohol or soda, this would be a great option for us instead.

MARAPRINCE

Not sure how to answer as I don't know what is your perception of large or small. The water is chilled.

It really does vary from ship to ship and bartender to bartender. On Brilliance TA got 3 waters every night, unopened. On Allure one bartender didn't hesitate to give me the waters, then another wouldn't, said it wasn't allowed. The bartender who had been allowing me to get waters was standing next to him and gave me a sad face look. Go figure!

Liberty in December bartenders said the same thing, but my favorite bartender was still kind enough to take care of me, fortunately. Tipping doesn't hurt in this case. Like you, I like a soda or 2 later in the room when I am winding down.

Honestly, I am growing very tired of dealing with rules that differ from ship to ship. To my knowledge nothing regarding this policy has been published by RC or C&A and as such should not be implemented aboard any ship until such time as it is.

You don't need a package to get water from a bar, one can get ice water there any time they are open

Homie don't drink fleet water. I would rather pay $4 a bottle

It really does vary from ship to ship and bartender to bartender. On Brilliance TA got 3 waters every night, unopened. On Allure one bartender didn't hesitate to give me the waters, then another wouldn't, said it wasn't allowed. The bartender who had been allowing me to get waters was standing next to him and gave me a sad face look. Go figure!

Honestly, I am growing very tired of dealing with rules that differ from ship to ship. To my knowledge nothing regarding this policy has been published by RC or C&A and as such should not be implemented aboard any ship until such time as it is.

The customer service agents on phone vary their answers too. As an example with Platinum Amex you get $300 obc. But when my TA calls they tell him we can't get the OBC because of Royal's current promotion. TA just hangs up and calls again until he gets a "good agent"

This is how it was on our first cruise with vouchers (I do not even recall which ship it was)--I was pleasantly surprised it was no longer the case on subsequent cruises.

I understand it though. The point is supposed to be that the lounge nad vouchers are for drinks in that particular time frame----grabbing a gourp of soads for later defeats that purpose (and it would be easy enough to suck down drinks in the lounger most of the evening and then stop at a bar for the three free sodas on top of that).