Ruby Princess - Cabo Cruise

Nurse Susie Q

Hello all,

My husband and I are thinking of taking the Ruby Princess in Feb of 2018 where is stops in Cabo San Lucas overnight. Does anyone know how the tenders work? Do we have to be back on board by a certain time or do the tender's run late?

Thank you,

Susan

Hello all,

My husband and I are thinking of taking the Ruby Princess in Feb of 2018 where is stops in Cabo San Lucas overnight. Does anyone know how the tenders work? Do we have to be back on board by a certain time or do the tender's run late?

Thank you,

Susan

So, there is a time you need to be back on board, however, if the line is long to wait for the tenders they keep going until everyone is back on board.

We had an overnight stay on the Disney Wonder, and they wanted everyone back on board by 5:30. The ship does pull anchor and floats around then arrives back in port the following morning. We were told the reason was the tender boats belong to the port authority and they do not want to run them in the dark. We were mildly disappointed until we found out that was the night they had fireworks on board and a show pool side. I think it would best to call Princess and ask them.

We had an overnight stay on the Disney Wonder, and they wanted everyone back on board by 5:30. The ship does pull anchor and floats around then arrives back in port the following morning. We were told the reason was the tender boats belong to the port authority and they do not want to run them in the dark. We were mildly disappointed until we found out that was the night they had fireworks on board and a show pool side. I think it would best to call Princess and ask them.

Princess advertises this cruise as an overnight cruise which means it doesn't leave at night and comes back the next day. The ship arrives in Cabo at 1PM. I can't imagine only having 4 or 5 hours in port before we all have to come back.

I did a similar cruise on Norwegian back in 2015 and the tender (one tender) actually ran all night.They only had 1 tender running overnight as opposed to the many tenders during the day.

I took this cruise. The tenders run every 30 minutes after midnight and resume normal operations after 6am.

Good to know. Was your cruise recent? I've read somewhere here that they stopped tenders all together at midnight or maybe just people assumed.

Edited by Georgie562

Princess uses their own tenders, not the port authority. I'm surprised Disney didn't use their own, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Any recent update on the tender schedule?

Just off the phone with a rep at Princess and she stated that tendering stops at midnight.

Trust me, I've learned not to accept the things these reps say as a definite answer but she sounded pretty sure that tendering stopped at midnight :rolleyes:

Anyone with a recent 5 day cruise to Cabo within the last month or two??

Thanks everyone

Any recent update on the tender schedule?

Just off the phone with a rep at Princess and she stated that tendering stops at midnight.

Trust me, I've learned not to accept the things these reps say as a definite answer but she sounded pretty sure that tendering stopped at midnight :rolleyes:

Anyone with a recent 5 day cruise to Cabo within the last month or two??

Thanks everyone

On our booking it says tenders run until midnight then resume at 6 am

Our sailing is 4/15

Hello all,

Thank you,

Susan

They don't run all might, refer to your program.

FWIW, we did this cruise a year ago on the Star. Tenders ran until midnight then resumed again at 6am. There was a combination of ship tenders and port tenders being used. Also, Princess highly recommends that you do not stay in port overnight. Check the Patters for recommendations and schedules during the stop.

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Ruby, 5 day Cabo cruise. We arrived at 1pm on Monday and

left at 1pm on Tuesday. The tenders ran all night, however after 12 they ran on the

hour.

Great cruise, good weather and the Los Brillantes, the Mariachi group on board the

ship were fantastic.