anthem: is this an accurate angled balcony pic?

Was in 6162 last year, same configuration. The angled balconies are very large and sheltered from sun. There is enough space in the rear (right of long railing in picture) to sit in complete privacy. Treat the rest as a bonus. While you are visible to others when standing towards front of balcony, you are also able to see into every other balcony down length of ship, especially the ones closest to you, giving them even less privacy.

Wouldn't hesitate to book one of these again.

I had similar one on Serenade 9256. Part of balcony was out past other cabins enough you are sitting in your full lounger looking forward of ship. Nice to have shade and sun on your balcony like on aft cabins... Pretty cool but you also look into other cabins, also with 1056 on Serenade/Brilliance..

Room 6262 (category D8) on the Anthem. It is larger on one side than the other. The view includes the canopy above Jaime's outdoor seating (which I never saw being used). If you stood at the rail you'd see lifeboats to the immediate right and to the left a couple hundred feet.IMG_20170220_103902_zps9rfbqbb7.jpg

I'm staying in 11650 and was wondering about the angled balconies also!

I have been trying to research this myself as I'm in 12250, and I cannot find one person who has a video or picture of that balcony

you sure gain a lot of friends looking down the ship. we had an older guy next to us in december and my friend would run into him at 2am outside. we didnt have trouble on this trip but on my last trip i think people think the barriers mean you cannot hear people next door nor your voice travels over the wall.

you sure gain a lot of friends looking down the ship. we had an older guy next to us in december and my friend would run into him at 2am outside. we didnt have trouble on this trip but on my last trip i think people think the barriers mean you cannot hear people next door nor your voice travels over the wall.

I learned to put pants on when going to the balcony that way. I wanted to go out to the balcony during a sailaway, and it was right after i took a shower. I just threw on a sort of long, but not long enough shirt and stepped outside. When I looked to my left and there as a couple staring right back at me. Needless to say I made sure to put pants on ever since.

I learned to put pants on when going to the balcony that way. I wanted to go out to the balcony during a sailaway, and it was right after i took a shower. I just threw on a sort of long, but not long enough shirt and stepped outside. When I looked to my left and there as a couple staring right back at me. Needless to say I made sure to put pants on ever since.

i'm sure the hubby didnt mind but his wife probably blocked his view lol. ive heard of stuff like that when ships are docked across from each other too. keep curtains closed etc. i make a bad American. i dont see what the big deal is about exposed skin.

so may i ask why you decided on deck 12? i'm still in a tad of agony over my deck 9 decision. sigh.

i'm sure the hubby didnt mind but his wife probably blocked his view lol. ive heard of stuff like that when ships are docked across from each other too. keep curtains closed etc. i make a bad American. i dont see what the big deal is about exposed skin.

so may i ask why you decided on deck 12? i'm still in a tad of agony over my deck 9 decision. sigh.

I am not sure if i can put up the link to the the article i read about the decks, but that along with the fact that the rest of my family is on the 8th deck which apparently is the prefered deck on the ship ( according to the article). I don't know if you remember in the roll call thread I mentioned that the agent told me that the i was too high on the ship, due to it being a winter sailing and the higher risk of rough seas. He said we would feel the roll more than any other part of the ship.

I am not sure if i can put up the link to the the article i read about the decks, but that along with the fact that the rest of my family is on the 8th deck which apparently is the prefered deck on the ship ( according to the article). I don't know if you remember in the roll call thread I mentioned that the agent told me that the i was too high on the ship, due to it being a winter sailing and the higher risk of rough seas. He said we would feel the roll more than any other part of the ship.

We sailed on the Quantum & Anthem and usually in early Feb. or late Jan. On both we had 9th deck cabins #9250 and did not feel that much of a difference between the lower decks or our deck. On our sail of the Anthem in Feb. '15 we hit some weather pattern on our way North and incurred waves up to 25 ft. The only problem, was the creaking of the ship especially by the elevators and also felt in our cabin. In one instance we were in the theatre and a felt a big bump from one of the waves. The ship survived (:D) after a day & a half of this.

Ps. We love the Quantum class so much that we are booked for a 12 niter in Jan. '18 in cabin 9650 on the opposite side. 9250 & 9650 are called "hump cabins" as they provide larger size balconies. Too bad DD is no longer available.

On next to the last day, the Captain & some senior officers held a Q&A in 2x70 and one of the questions was the creaking noise--his answer was to equate the newness of the Anthem to a new house settling.

ah i remember the convo now. well i hope no rough seas at all are in our future. and as they do charge more for higher decks, maybe my 14 bucks i saved for going on 9 can be used toward a drink.

We sailed on the Quantum & Anthem and usually in early Feb. or late Jan. On both we had 9th deck cabins #9250 and did not feel that much of a difference between the lower decks or our deck. On our sail of the Anthem in Feb. '15 we hit some weather pattern on our way North and incurred waves up to 25 ft. The only problem, was the creaking of the ship especially by the elevators and also felt in our cabin. In one instance we were in the theatre and a felt a big bump from one of the waves. The ship survived (:D) after a day & a half of this.

Ps. We love the Quantum class so much that we are booked for a 12 niter in Jan. '18 in cabin 9650 on the opposite side. 9250 & 9650 are called "hump cabins" as they provide larger size balconies. Too bad DD is no longer available.

On next to the last day, the Captain & some senior officers held a Q&A in 2x70 and one of the questions was the creaking noise--his answer was to equate the newness of the Anthem to a new house settling.

well if you picked deck 9 for those trips ill try to find comfort in that since ill be in that hump. and if i wind up taking the elevators too much upstairs then so be it. it is vacation. ive been on rough seas on another ship but never heard any creaking. unless you count a bathroom door that wouldnt shut tight

Do you have any pics of the balcony angles from that room? Smh the creaking of a new house is still creepy, and the last time I want to hear that is in the middle of a storm.

well if you picked deck 9 for those trips ill try to find comfort in that since ill be in that hump. and if i wind up taking the elevators too much upstairs then so be it. it is vacation. ive been on rough seas on another ship but never heard any creaking. unless you count a bathroom door that wouldnt shut tight

Also, did a 9 niter this past August in the same cabin configuration cruising NE & Canada and the waters were calmer than the Carib. However, when it left Bayonne that same day to Bermuda, the Anthem hit a very rough patch of weather. Go figure.

Also, did a 9 niter this past August in the same cabin configuration cruising NE & Canada and the waters were calmer than the Carib. However, when it left Bayonne that same day to Bermuda, the Anthem hit a very rough patch of weather. Go figure.

Hmm.. I think i might be seeing a pattern here.lol

Have sailed Quantum and Anthem and heard the creaks. Unlike how many other ships are constructed, cabins on Quantum class are assembled on shore in modules then lifted into place and secured. Just don't get that tight fit. There are videos out there that show this process.

Have sailed Quantum and Anthem and heard the creaks. Unlike how many other ships are constructed, cabins on Quantum class are assembled on shore in modules then lifted into place and secured. Just don't get that tight fit. There are videos out there that show this process.

All cruise ship cabins are loaded like that. Been on few ships that creak, most on ships out of New York and Boston, think waves amplify it...

Here is a view of cabin 6562 (at lifeboat number one)

It is a regular square balcony with an additional triangle going out to the davit.

Thanks for posting those pics. If I ever book Anthem...mental note to stay away from

balconies on deck six! Would be a waste of money for a balcony with those life boats in

the way, for me anyway. :(

Thanks for posting those pics. If I ever book Anthem...mental note to stay away from

balconies on deck six! Would be a waste of money for a balcony with those life boats in

the way, for me anyway. :(

Keep in mind Anthem sails from a cold water port, the picture was taken in March in Bayonne, NJ and that night we had a mix of sleet and rain on deck, so I knew the use of the balcony would be a bit limited anyway. The obstructed view is good option over a virtual balcony or ocean view and can sometimes be cheaper.

The view is a little better when you are not in Bayonne.

437212655_20160321_193152resize.jpg.d0ce4f529fbbc80585545db57a3bfbd7.jpg

• 2 months later...
Keep in mind Anthem sails from a cold water port, the picture was taken in March in Bayonne, NJ and that night we had a mix of sleet and rain on deck, so I knew the use of the balcony would be a bit limited anyway. The obstructed view is good option over a virtual balcony or ocean view and can sometimes be cheaper.

The view is a little better when you are not in Bayonne.

Excellent!! Thanks for sharing those pics. Ive been second guessing myself about this cabin change (went from studio inside w virtual for a small upcharge). But those pics show me that the cabin is just fine!!