Room service question

hello, we have a balcony this time on our cruise and thought about having breakfast on it. My questions are:

We have prepaid our tips but I don't think this includes room service. Should we tip extra every day we have room service or leave it till the end of the cruise and how muchish is an acceptable tip for this service?

Am I right in remembering there is a menu on the door? Having never used room service before we have never really looked?

Thanks all 🙂

I'd tip a few dollars cash for each delivery. The breakfast menu is on or near the door. The rest of the menu is usually in the desk drawer or in a rack on the wall or on the coffee table.

Depending on which ship you are sailing your room service menu may also be on the TV, instead of a book...

That's my understanding on the FREEDOM that a friends was on 2 years ago.

Use the TV, but I'm guessing that coffee & tea with some pastries would be go & if ordered eggs &&& if available would be cold by the time you get them.

Come on 18th!!!:D

The menu on the Grandeur was on the TV. There was also a "hanger" menu for breakfast in the cabin. As far as the tip, I usually tip several $'s per order. I also take lots of chocolate candy (bite sized) and hand out little bags of it along with the $'s. They seem to love the chocolate more than the tip......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We tip the person who brings us room service. I have these sheets of origami paper that I stamp "thank you" on it with our names and put a few dollars in the fold. I clip it with these little clothes pins. I like scrapbooking so making them is just fun for me. I notice by the end of the cruise I start getting little surprises on my tray. It is probably silly, but I enjoy it. I also do this in the Windjammer if they bring me coffee and if I am in my room when my bags come I tip them as well. I always tip extra at the end to my cabin attendant and the people in the dining room if they were exceptional. I keep a list of names of people who did something special and write a letter at the end of the cruise and thank everyone who made my time onboard special. Probably nobody cares but it makes me so very happy!

While you certainly CAN have breakfast daily from room service, unless you're in a suite, you will NOT have a table suitable for a leisurely breakfast. The table on the balcony is small and low...fine for drinks, but not for plates. The coffee table in the cabin is also low, although a tad larger.

Room service delivery folks are kitchen staff...your daily tips do NOT include those folks, so tip $1-5, depending on how much they have to carry to you, at time of delivery.

We tip the person who brings us room service. I have these sheets of origami paper that I stamp "thank you" on it with our names and put a few dollars in the fold. I clip it with these little clothes pins. I like scrapbooking so making them is just fun for me. I notice by the end of the cruise I start getting little surprises on my tray. It is probably silly, but I enjoy it. I also do this in the Windjammer if they bring me coffee and if I am in my room when my bags come I tip them as well. I always tip extra at the end to my cabin attendant and the people in the dining room if they were exceptional. I keep a list of names of people who did something special and write a letter at the end of the cruise and thank everyone who made my time onboard special. Probably nobody cares but it makes me so very happy!

You sould like a very special person. No matter what anyone else says I say "You made someone's day."

I would order on the TV if you can. I have never had good luck with actually getting my order if I did the door hanger route.

Bad idea. We order room service breakfast almost every day on every cruise we take and we fill out the menu and hang it on the door prior to retiring for the night. Most of the time our order arrives within the 1/2 hour time period I have specified. Recently our order arrived prior to selected time by about 10 minutes. I can't recall ever having hot food delivered cold and we frequently order eggs, bacon and potatoes. Toast is not always like at home but no big deal.

If you order off TV when you awaken, you may have a minimum of 45 minute wait to receive your order.

hello, we have a balcony this time on our cruise and thought about having breakfast on it. My questions are:

We have prepaid our tips but I don't think this includes room service. Should we tip extra every day we have room service or leave it till the end of the cruise and how muchish is an acceptable tip for this service?

Am I right in remembering there is a menu on the door? Having never used room service before we have never really looked?

Thanks all 🙂

There is a breakfast menu card in your cabin which you fill out with your requirements, cabin number and time you want it delivered (in half hour timeslot) then hang it on your outside door handle last thing at night.I always give waiter $3 which they appreciate.

love sailing with RCCL

I also take lots of chocolate candy (bite sized) and hand out little bags of it along with the $'s. They seem to love the chocolate more than the tip......

Gwen [emoji3]

What a novel idea!!!

I sell chocolate, maybe I should bring samples rather than money lol

You *SELL* chocolate?! You have my dream job!

Yes.. my name is es0 and I am a chocolate addict. :o

The menu on the Grandeur was on the TV. There was also a "hanger" menu for breakfast in the cabin. As far as the tip, I usually tip several $'s per order. I also take lots of chocolate candy (bite sized) and hand out little bags of it along with the $'s. They seem to love the chocolate more than the tip......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the process of training a pet. Give little treats and receive a task. They don't love the chocolate, it gets tossed in the garbage. Instead give an extra dollar! Would you like to get candy every time you do your job at work?

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the process of training a pet. Give little treats and receive a task. They don't love the chocolate, it gets tossed in the garbage. Instead give an extra dollar! Would you like to get candy every time you do your job at work?

Havingfun does not sound like you.Nearly everyone loves chocolate and the chocy is on top of a tip.Havingfun lol

love sailing with RCCL

I never got my breakfast when I did the door hanger. Did it twice on my cruise...so I had to call and it would have taken too long to get it before we had to leave for out excursion. Did not realize you could not order breakfast from the TV the night before. Our tags were always gone in the morning...perhaps since it was spring break cruise some kids took it?

Bad idea. We order room service breakfast almost every day on every cruise we take and we fill out the menu and hang it on the door prior to retiring for the night. Most of the time our order arrives within the 1/2 hour time period I have specified. Recently our order arrived prior to selected time by about 10 minutes. I can't recall ever having hot food delivered cold and we frequently order eggs, bacon and potatoes. Toast is not always like at home but no big deal.

If you order off TV when you awaken, you may have a minimum of 45 minute wait to receive your order.

I never got my breakfast when I did the door hanger. Did it twice on my cruise...so I had to call and it would have taken too long to get it before we had to leave for out excursion. Did not realize you could not order breakfast from the TV the night before. Our tags were always gone in the morning...perhaps since it was spring break cruise some kids took it?

It is just some of the older ships like Vision because most of the ships you can order on the TV.Room service nearly always ring to say they are on the way.To date we have always received our breakfast but there are cameras in the corridor so the culprits could be caught.

love sailing with RCCL

On Harmony, our room service door-hangy menu thingies were in a little pile, by our C&A welcome letter, near the TV. If I remember correctly, on one side (or on the inside, I can't remember if they folded or not) was the full room service menu. On the front was the form you could fill out for breakfast delivery.