Bringing bottled water on Harmony

• 3 months later...

Did you carry the case of water on or check it with the porters? If you checked it do I need to put the waters in a duffle be or just place a luggage to on the case and make a handle out of packing tape?

You are aware that the water (free) all over the ship is just fine, right? Why not just take a water bottle and fill it up whenever you want.

Really no different than the millions of people who buy bottled water at home even though their tap water is just fine...personal preference.

Although I understand that the water on board is safe, my DH prefers bottled water. He doesn't drink the tap water at home so he will most likely not drink the tap water on the ship. Personal preference.

Just looking to know if anyone has successfully checked a case of water onto HOS by just putting a luggage tag on the case or do i need to place the bottles in a duffle bag? Thanks

We also don't like the taste of tap/ship water. We know it's in the ice....so no reminders please.

The last time we went through port everglades the porter said he couldn't take the case of water (first time that happened). So I just put it on top of my carry-on roller bag and went straight to the cabin and dropped it off.

No big deal.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just looking to know if anyone has successfully checked a case of water onto HOS by just putting a luggage tag on the case or do i need to place the bottles in a duffle bag? Thanks

We checked a case in December. I suppose policies could have changed since then, but we had no problem.

I brought a case with a luggage tag on it when we embarked in Tampa in April. The porter wouldn't take it, so I ended up carrying on board thru check in. It was a PIA. When the luggage carts arrived in the passageway, I noticed someone else had a case of water in with the luggage that some porter took.

Our friends put it in a duffle bag and had no problem checking it at the pier.

I brought a case with a luggage tag on it when we embarked in Tampa in April. The porter wouldn't take it, so I ended up carrying on board thru check in. It was a PIA. When the luggage carts arrived in the passageway, I noticed someone else had a case of water in with the luggage that some porter took.

Our friends put it in a duffle bag and had no problem checking it at the pier.

We bring a rolling carry-on bag just for water and shoes.:rolleyes: