"Always Available" ~ Blu

mafig

I know that Salmon, Strip Steak and Chicken are Always Available in Blu and are listed on the menus I've seen posted.

However, what else is always available? and is it printed on the menu or do you just ask for it?

I've seen mentioned escargot, shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, french onion soup. These items are always available, but not on the menu?

Also, how is that always available strip steak?

I know that Salmon, Strip Steak and Chicken are Always Available in Blu and are listed on the menus I've seen posted.

However, what else is always available? and is it printed on the menu or do you just ask for it?

I've seen mentioned escargot, shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, french onion soup. These items are always available, but not on the menu?

Also, how is that always available strip steak?

All that you mentioned are always available. It's a NY Strip. Sometimes you can order off the MDR menu. For breakfast I had eggs Benedict a console of times this week and it isn't listed as available in Blu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, it was your review, Russterus, that made me think there might be a day that there's nothing on the Blu menu that appeals to me. You posted Wednesday and I was not happy with anything on the menu that day.

Did you ever order the Always Available steak? How was it?

The "every day classics" which you mention in your post are available everyday in Blu. It depends upon what ship, how busy they are, as to whether you can get anything outside the daily menu and the "classics". In general the answer will be no, unless it is something you arrange for the night before and is not a special "cooked" item. Example would be sliced berries for dessert. They are getting away from allowing MDR meals to be served in Blu. Of course you are welcome to dine at select dining in the MDR, if you prefer what they are serving for the night..

The only routine exception is eggs Benedict in the morning. Since they offer all the components on the Blu menu (except hollandaise) it is not a big deal for them to prepare. I suspect it isn't on their regular menu because it doesn't fit in their "clean" menu. (Although, don't ask me why they have bacon then.)

Actually, it was your review, Russterus, that made me think there might be a day that there's nothing on the Blu menu that appeals to me. You posted Wednesday and I was not happy with anything on the menu that day.

Did you ever order the Always Available steak? How was it?

Mafig, I did not. A guy next to me did and he liked it. I am sure it is quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know... we have been concerned if we can get regular food in BLU.

We ate in Blu for 14 nites on the Infinity and thought every menu was nice. Never seemed all that healthy to me! Was in a suite on eclipse this year and thought Blu was better than the suite restaurant luminae. We ate in Blu one nite because Luminae's menu was not appealing. Blu was great but on the eclipse, the tables were shoulder to shoulder. Can't help but meet your neighbors! ;)

yes, french fries or baked potato.

Did not know about the fries!!!...but I did have a "standing order" for a baked sweet potato...until they ran out close to the end of the 13 night cruise!! LuAnn

Did not know about the fries!!!...but I did have a "standing order" for a baked sweet potato...until they ran out close to the end of the 13 night cruise!! LuAnn

yum I like sweet potato! What about veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beans...?

yum I like sweet potato! What about veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beans...?

Really this has been explained as best possible. With the regular nightly menu, and the everyday classics, you really should not need to make a lot of special orders. If, there is something ordinary which you want to substitute every night or a special something that is easy to prepare and ordered way in advance...then you may be able to have it. Don't be surprised if the answer is no. You should not just decide to off the grid at every meal and make special orders. To do so takes a lot of time and energy of an already stretched staff. It's unnecessary and unwelcome. Also, needless to say, if they do accommodate any special request you tip extra and appropriately.

In general, both as a spectator and a person who worked her way through school as a server and have kids that did the same, the people who make the most requests are often the very worst tippers.

We love Blu and have eaten there on 5 different cruises. I'm not one to ask for anything that's not on the menu, but last year, when there was nothing I fancied on the menu, our waiter offered me french onion soup or shrimp cocktail and after that, I was offered it every night. Both were delicious and one evening when I wasn't very hungry I had the french onion soup as a main course (same size as the starter - which is huge!). It was out of this world on a cold, wet evening in the Baltic!! Also, I have had the 'always available' steak on a few occasions and have always enjoyed it - lovely, juicy and tender. We will be back in Blu for 14 nights at the beginning of next month and we cant wait!

I hope you enjoy Blu as much as we do.

Happy cruising!

We love Blu and have eaten there on 5 different cruises. I'm not one to ask for anything that's not on the menu, but last year, when there was nothing I fancied on the menu, our waiter offered me french onion soup or shrimp cocktail and after that, I was offered it every night. Both were delicious and one evening when I wasn't very hungry I had the french onion soup as a main course (same size as the starter - which is huge!). It was out of this world on a cold, wet evening in the Baltic!! Also, I have had the 'always available' steak on a few occasions and have always enjoyed it - lovely, juicy and tender. We will be back in Blu for 14 nights at the beginning of next month and we cant wait!

I hope you enjoy Blu as much as we do.

Happy cruising!

On our first night in Blu, we were presented a card with items available every evening. Items included were the French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, escargot, etc. I will agree that the sirloin strip steak was nicely prepared. I enjoyed it as I rarely order this when back home.

I found the chocolate cake "ok" but nothing special. There are better options on the ship if you want those calories.