Internet Access on Regal

Mimikate

The only possible potential for free Internet is going to be OFF of the Regal Princess in ports that have bars or restaurants with "free" access for customers. Look for a special Internet minute package the first day on board or buy it prior to the cruise for a reduced price.

The only possible potential for free Internet is going to be OFF of the Regal Princess in ports that have bars or restaurants with "free" access for customers. Look for a special Internet minute package the first day on board or buy it prior to the cruise for a reduced price.

Basic price is the same pre-cruise as on board.

Pre-cruise get 13%-20% extra minutes.

On board first 2 days get 10% extra minutes.

Basic price is the same pre-cruise as on board.

Pre-cruise get 13%-20% extra minutes.

On board first 2 days get 10% extra minutes.

Thus, my point. Effectively a reduced price. Extra minutes for free.

Is there a place on the Regal Princess where I can check my webmail without extra charges, or do I need to purchase internet minutes?

If checking is not critical, you can ask the crew where in port can you have free internet to check your web mail, even at a cost of a coffee or soda in that location.

If checking is not critical, you can ask the crew where in port can you have free internet to check your web mail, even at a cost of a coffee or soda in that location.

Find a cafe or bar near where the ship docks - you'll meet lots of the crew there as they have to pay for internet use too!

Yes must purchase a package. I used my iPhone to check mail, news, etc on the Regal and found it to be very fast regardless of whether I was in the cabin or in a public area.

It is much faster late night or "off hours". the less people using it the faster it will be. When lots of passengers are on the wifi at the same time it will slow down. Pre-purchase before cruise for best per minute pricing.

Can you share internet minutes or is it per device?

I believe you can share your login, I remember doing this.

You can use your internet minutes on any device however as I recall reading you can only be signed in to one device at a time. If either my wife or I have extra free Captain's Circle minutes (platinum & above) we just use the other person's mobile device instead on signing in on our own device using their account information.

Can you share internet minutes or is it per device?

You can share internet minutes of one account using different devices, but not at the same time. The account on one device must be logged off first on a device before the same account can be used on a different device..

Is there a place on the Regal Princess where I can check my webmail without extra charges, or do I need to purchase internet minutes?

You'll need to purchase a package. If you're just checking e-mails, you can buy a pretty cheap package. Contrary to what some have said, I found internet speed on the Regal to be the quickest of any cruise line we've done.

You'll need to purchase a package. If you're just checking e-mails, you can buy a pretty cheap package. Contrary to what some have said, I found internet speed on the Regal to be the quickest of any cruise line we've done.

Can also pay by the minute.

A package would normally be cheaper though.