Staggered Check-in not showing up.

Etchdreams

Wife and I took a cruise out of Tampa last year and had to pick a time to check-in. We have another one booked for Sept. of this year with other couples. No one is seeing the pick your time for the staggered check-in Any one else having this problem? Called Carnival was told by one person everyone needs to get Faster to the Fun, had to laugh. Have not been able to get a straight answer from any of the different departments we have talked to.

Wife and I took a cruise out of Tampa last year and had to pick a time to check-in. We have another one booked for Sept. of this year with other couples. No one is seeing the pick your time for the staggered check-in Any one else having this problem? Called Carnival was told by one person everyone needs to get Faster to the Fun, had to laugh. Have not been able to get a straight answer from any of the different departments we have talked to.

It may be too early for them to add staggered checkin option to your cruise. Mine popped up about 4 months before the cruise

Have to have FTTF? Next thing you'll be told is you have to wear blue socks and sing "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Maybe there's some sort of glitch in the system. I know we were able to choose our check-in several months in advance (maybe 9 months?) without having to do any other part of the online check-in. If at first you don't succeed.............

We sail in Dec of 2017. Apparently picking check-in time depends. On these CC boards folks have said 3-4 months ahead it will appear. John Heald said about 3 months.

Thus, for now, I'll check CCL's site once a week and more frequently inside the 4 month window. :)

When we booked our cruise on Carnival Magic about 1 year in advance the check-in time was not an option. I didn't even know about staggered check-in times. About 3 months before our cruise, I received an email from Carnival to sign in and pick our check-in time.

My cruise for late October is the same way. I can't choose the time yet. I don't think I understand why they can't just make it available at the same time the itineraries are released. I think people who book early should get first dibs on their choice of time slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I read a post on another thread (sorry don't remember which one) that said the releasr of the staggered times was dependent on the port. Some port authorities give the ok earlier them others do. The poster said it is not determined by Carnival. I don't know for certain but it does match my personal experience.

When I called Carnival about this same issue and picked the "website help" menu option, I was told I will be able to choose a check-in time about 4 months out. She said it will appear in the small blue To-Do List box when I log in and go to my booking.Totally agree with the poster above who said those who book early should get first dibs on a check-in time...especially now that FTTF is so expensive!

Same here, my cruise is in October. I called and was told that meant that port and ship is not doing the staggered check in times.

It might be because your cruise is not fully paid for? Not sure if it's the only issue but I know I was able to choose a time once I paid off a cruise to get the obc deal they were offering at the time (over a year ahead).

It's too early.

I was booked on a back to back Elation in October...I am currently booked on the Dream and booked back in August and was able to choose my time boarding....since I am unable to choose my boarding time for the Elation, and the fact I don't want to board 2-3pm we cancelled our cruise and chose another cruise line that doesn't do this. You may say I am crazy but I am not going to waste one of my only 7 days sitting somewhere to board the ship.