Favorite Foods

DebbieMo

Sea Day Brunch--They are in the breadbasket the servers bring around.

I gave up trying to pick between the banana loaf and the lemon loaf so I get both and skip dessert

If you go later in the morning they have pop overs. Little bites of fluffy heaven.

Those pop overs are my absolute favorite. Me and my husband probably have 3 baskets of them! [emoji39][emoji39] I think they bring them out after 11? Hopefully someone on here knows the correct time if I'm wrong...

Breakfast-

• Eggs Benedict sauce on the side
  • custard pastries they serve in the bread basket or on the Lido buffet; get 'em while they're warm- YUM!
  • Blue Iguana arepas

Lunch-

• Guy's Burger Ringer, sautéed mushrooms & onions on top
  • Deli- reuben with extra meat, sauerkraut on the side (makes the sammich too soggy!)
  • Deli hot dog- ask them to grill it extra so it's nice & crispy on the outside! One guy kind of forgot it and it burned a bit- he was amazed that I still wanted it!

Dinner-

• Escargot in MDR (not a fan of those in steakhouse)
  • Any soup in MDR- hot or cold
  • Prime rib- ask for them to NOT add the gravy- it's nasty!
  • Crème Brulee
  • Grand Marnier soufflé

Self-serve Ice Cream- any time I pass it!

Room service sandwiches- any kind.

Passion fruit Guava juice at breakfast

Arnold Palmers- iced tea and lemonade mixed

NOT my favorite foods:

• Frog legs- tried 'em, just to say I did, not a fan.
  • Warm chocolate melting cake- sorry I know some are passionate about it... I just don't like my cake RAW!
  • Blue Iguana breakfast burritos and lunch burritos. I really wanted to love anything from Blue Iguana, and I love burritos and breakfast burritos, but I just found that everything I ate there, other than the arepas, were either really bland or just a bit off in taste.
  • Mongolian Wok- again, I love a good Mongolian Wok restaurant onshore, but I really don't like any of the sauces they use. If they had a good teriyaki or hoisin sauce, this would likely move to the top of my 'like' list!
  • Most of the cake type desserts on the Lido buffet- they look great but they're pretty tasteless.
  • Cucina del Capitano Lunch Lasagna- weird texture, strange ingredients...
  • Room service coffee- usually cold, kinda bitter... but hey, it's coffee.

For anyone who tried the Caesar salad in the MDR.... does the dressing have an anchovie flavor to it?

YES! Every time we'd sail, I'd order the Caesar salad and thought that they were storing the lettuce near fish and the taste was transferring. I'd never heard of anchovies in the Caesar salad before!

YES! Every time we'd sail, I'd order the Caesar salad and thought that they were storing the lettuce near fish and the taste was transferring. I'd never heard of anchovies in the Caesar salad before!

Anchovies are pretty standard for most Caesar salads, but some go overboard- Carnival's Caesar salads have way too strong an anchovy taste for me...

I'd never heard of anchovies in the Caesar salad before!

Any respectable place that does Caesar salad tableside will ask you if you'd like anchovies or not mixed in with the dressing. Bulk processed places would substitute the real thing with anchovy paste.

Those pop overs are my absolute favorite. Me and my husband probably have 3 baskets of them! [emoji39][emoji39] I think they bring them out after 11? Hopefully someone on here knows the correct time if I'm wrong...

That is correct, at least on the Pride. My friend unfortunately suffers from an eating disorder but was blown away by the popovers. I'd never seen him eat that much of anything when we did the brunch the first day and we tailored our schedules when our very helpful server told us they were there after 11.

I'd love to get the recipe if anyone has it.

I've never had the popovers at the sea brunch (we always are too early for them!) but I have a recipe for popovers that are fail-proof (my sister has a really fussy recipe that tastes good- when it works- and is annoyed at how mine never fail and are really easy!)

(Not Carnival) Popovers

2 eggs

1 cup milk

I cup flour

1/2 tsp of salt

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients together just until mixed. Generously grease large muffin tins with cooking spray, pour about 3/4 full.

Bake 20 minutes then reduce temp in oven to 350 F. for another 20 minutes. Take them out immediately and serve while warm.

The recipe makes 6 large popovers, but I usually double it and make 12. If you put them in a toaster oven for 3-4 mins the next day they're almost as good as fresh-made!

By the way I'd love to see what the Carnival popovers look like, if anyone has a picture!

I've never had the popovers at the sea brunch (we always are too early for them!) but I have a recipe for popovers that are fail-proof (my sister has a really fussy recipe that tastes good- when it works- and is annoyed at how mine never fail and are really easy!)

(Not Carnival) Popovers

2 eggs

1 cup milk

I cup flour

1/2 tsp of salt

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients together just until mixed. Generously grease large muffin tins with cooking spray, pour about 3/4 full.

Bake 20 minutes then reduce temp in oven to 350 F. for another 20 minutes. Take them out immediately and serve while warm.

The recipe makes 6 large popovers, but I usually double it and make 12. If you put them in a toaster oven for 3-4 mins the next day they're almost as good as fresh-made!

By the way I'd love to see what the Carnival popovers look like, if anyone has a picture!

Thank you kindly....will be trying this in advance of Thanksgiving and my neice's birthday party that old uncle Stevie is catering ;)

(Not Carnival) Popovers

2 eggs

1 cup milk

I cup flour

1/2 tsp of salt

Oh my goodness thank you for this I will try it for sure! I'm so sorry I don't have a picture of them, hopefully someone else does. They are very very good! [emoji39]