Favorite Foods

DebbieMo

Can't wait for our cruise on Splendor in June. I loved the french toast at the buffet and can't wait for a WCMC. My 8 year old at the time who is normally picky had shrimp cocktail every night in the MDR (sometimes 2) and is looking forward to that. We will also be trying the Steakhouse for the first time.

What are your favorite foods on the ship? Tell me what you like at the buffet, MDR, included restaurants, charge restaurant etc.

Please include pics if you have and would like to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1) tacos from blue iguana cantina

2) grouper fingers from red frog pub

3) veggie spring rolls that are now only served 1 night with the stupid American feast menu switch [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your favorite foods on the ship? Tell me what you like at the buffet, MDR, included restaurants, charge restaurant etc.

I love room service coffee in the morning, I love the bread in the main dining-room. Pizza at mid-night!

Bobbi

If you like mushrooms the Portobello Mushroom Entree Stuffed with Spinach and Squash, dusted in panko crumbs and served on a pool of Parmesan sauce is excellent. I think this is offered on the third night of a 7 day cruise. I ordered this entree with one of the " From the Grill Menu " items to have both a vegetarian entree and a meat protein entree like steak or chicken. Do not confuse this item with the stuffed mushroom appetizer which I thought was disgusting due to the thick, paste like sauce the mushrooms were baked in.

I have to say I was looking forward to the Grouper Fingers, as I love Grouper. One problem, it was not Grouper. I lived in Florida for years, sailed the Caribbean, and Grouper has a distinctive taste and texture. The fish they served at the pub was mushy, like Tilapia. Grouper is a very firm fish, chunks flake off.

Sadly as an adult one of my favorite things in the PB&J from Room service with chips.

MDR I really enjoy the Beef Wellington.

Buffet - It's hard to say I make a breakfast sandwich with a bagel, cream cheese, tater tot's, ham slices, sometimes I add in some egg. I ALWAYS look forward to that.

Steak House - I always look forward to the French Onion Soup. Hasn't let me down yet.

We always like to partake in the ice cream machines, little one loves it.

On the Splendor my favorite thing is the Tandoor. Also the pineapple chutney makes a great ice cream topping.

At breakfast need to have the baked apple.

Almost all of the vegetarian options are very good.

Lamb in the Steakhouse is excellent.

On the Splendor my favorite thing is the Tandoor. Also the pineapple chutney makes a great ice cream topping.

At breakfast need to have the baked apple.

Almost all of the vegetarian options are very good.

Lamb in the Steakhouse is excellent.

I'm pretty sure Tandoor will be my first stop. Thanks for the tip on the chutney. Also, I don't even recall seeing baked apple on Glory.

I'm pretty sure Tandoor will be my first stop. Thanks for the tip on the chutney. Also, I don't even recall seeing baked apple on Glory.

Baked Apple is on the regular MDR breakfast menu. It's not on the brunch or buffet.

Baked Apple is on the regular MDR breakfast menu. It's not on the brunch or buffet.

Also my to go to item at MDR breakfast along with the chicken sausage. At the Steakhouse.....Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, French Onion Soup, Beef Carpaccio and Filet Mignon. Cheesecake to go to enjoy in cabin later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

1) tacos from blue iguana cantina

2) grouper fingers from red frog pub

3) veggie spring rolls that are now only served 1 night with the stupid American feast menu switch [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splendor does not have Blue Iguana nor Red Frog Pub.

Sailed the Breeze last November and went to brunch every SeaDay. It was all good but the best was Chicken Diavalo(sp?), very spicy but so good. Also, (wait... let me take a moment) the Caramel Cheesecake at Brunch. OMG was it good. Also, at MDR, had escabeche (spice pickled vegetables) as an appetizer. It was very good. Would have liked another.

On our first cruise (2008) my sisters and I made a pact... If there is something on menu that we have never tried, never heard of or had occasion to try.. we had to try it. Even if to share it. Thru 8 cruises, we have kept that pact. Have tried some strange things that we didn't care for but for most part, have found some favorites. Escargot, duck, quail, oysters Rockefeller, Escabeche, strawberry bisque (any cold soup) and many more. It has always been an adventure.

Can't wait for our cruise on Splendor in June. I loved the french toast at the buffet and can't wait for a WCMC. My 8 year old at the time who is normally picky had shrimp cocktail every night in the MDR (sometimes 2) and is looking forward to that. We will also be trying the Steakhouse for the first time.

Please include pics if you have and would like to.

I'm asking for favs on any ship not just splendor [emoji846]

I read it to be Splendor specific.

-I usually eat the chicken tacos at the Blue iguana cantina..every day for lunch on the cruise. Love them!

-Turkey on country roll is always a good option, for those times everything else is closed.

-I don't eat at the buffet, but I do like the little cookies they have. Pair that with the hot chocolate and I am set!

And on our cruise last week, I found some great chips and salsa at the Taste Bar for the last few days. It was so good. I wish I checked for them earlier in the 8 days.