Favorite Foods

DebbieMo

I chose Tandoor for lunch every day on our 2/26 Splendor cruise. Sooo delicious!

I have not had Tandoor in so long. Was so good!! Hopefully on my next cruise, the ship I'm sailing on will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorite soups in the MDR (even I was surprised) was the chilled strawberry soup. I am somewhat a picky eater, however I told my wife on the last Carnival cruise I promise I will TRY some different/odd stuff. The first night was the strawberry soup:eek:, but I did promise to try. However to my surprise I loved it, I could not get enough of it yummy!

MDR:

Breakfast - Eggs benedict, sauce on the side

Lunch -

deli -corned beef & pastrami

Guys - pig patty

pizza - four cheese

buffet - salad bar

other venue - fish & chips, mongolian wok, hot dogs and chili dogs/nachos

Dinner - MDR -

Mac & Cheese

pasta dishes

escargot

stuffed mushrooms

Caesar Salad!!!!!!!

Steakhouse -

Beef carpaccio

lamb chops

lobster bisque

We can always find something!

Hands down it's the breakfast burritos from blue iguana cantina

I tried the arepas and huevos rancheros at breakfast and a beef burrito at lunch and did not like any of it. Will try the breakfast burrito next time I'm on a ship with blue iguana.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

-And on our cruise last week, I found some great chips and salsa at the Taste Bar for the last few days. It was so good. I wish I checked for them earlier in the 8 days.

We never got around to trying the taste bar but will try to next cruise.

One of my favorite soups in the MDR (even I was surprised) was the chilled strawberry soup. I am somewhat a picky eater, however I told my wife on the last Carnival cruise I promise I will TRY some different/odd stuff. The first night was the strawberry soup:eek:, but I did promise to try. However to my surprise I loved it, I could not get enough of it yummy!

I've read so much about that soup and people love it! It would not be something I'd choose if I saw it on the menu but if it is in June, I'll definitely try it. Don't even remember if I saw it in the menu on Glory last summer.

Can't wait for our cruise on Splendor in June. I loved the french toast at the buffet and can't wait for a WCMC. My 8 year old at the time who is normally picky had shrimp cocktail every night in the MDR (sometimes 2) and is looking forward to that. We will also be trying the Steakhouse for the first time.

What are your favorite foods on the ship? Tell me what you like at the buffet, MDR, included restaurants, charge restaurant etc.

Please include pics if you have and would like to.

You need to try the french toast in main dining room for breakfast. much better then the Lido buffet. I was on Splendor last April and kept going and getting french toast from the lido buffet and then discovered breakfast in MDR and had their french toast. MUCH better.

Dinner - MDR -

Mac & Cheese

My daughter (6) is very picky and barely ate but she loved the mac and cheese and had it for dinner most nights and at sea day brunch. I took a bite of hers at brunch and it was really good!

You need to try the french toast in main dining room for breakfast. much better then the Lido buffet. I was on Splendor last April and kept going and getting french toast from the lido buffet and then discovered breakfast in MDR and had their french toast. MUCH better.

I definitely will, thanks!!

Quattro formaggio pizza from pizza pirate

Pork or chicken tacos from blue iguana

Key lime pie from buffet first day

Huevos rancheros sea day brunch

The buffet cookies! Yum

Everything I have tried in the steakhouse has been delicious.

All of the soups I've tried in the MDR were excellent.

Guys burgers of course. Goes without saying.

Main dining room port day breakfast: baked apple, french toast, over medium eggs and a side of hollandaise!

Lunch: Guys cheeseburger with mayo & BBQ sauce, or lido salad bar (or both!), Blue Iguana chicken tacos

Main Dining room: spring rolls, BBQ chicken flatbread, strawberry soup,

Cucina del Capitano: calamari app, Chicken Parmesan

Late night: Pepperoni pizza from Pizza Pirate, PB&J or BLT with potato chips from room service

The Chef's Table: everything!

In no particular order:

Vegetarian spring rolls (I always get more than one order)

Mushroom cream soup

Indian vegetarian dinner (as good as any Indian food I've ever eaten...and I would know...I'm Indian and fat)

...and I would know...I'm Indian and fat)

I'm Indian decent (from Guyana). Have you tried the Tandoor restaurant? I'm really looking forward to it.

Last cruise we had a Guyanese waiter and my mom who can't go long without her Indian food asked him about getting Indian food and each night he brought her something. Fish curry, biryani, lamb something, can't remember the rest.

I tried the arepas and huevos rancheros at breakfast and a beef burrito at lunch and did not like any of it. Will try the breakfast burrito next time I'm on a ship with blue iguana.

are you normally into Mexican food? The arepas and huevos rancheros were great on our cruise--but it is basically simple, taqueria type food, and I think most of the clientele prefer more of the usual American breakfast (bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc.).

For anyone who tried the Caesar salad in the MDR.... does the dressing have an anchovie flavor to it?

Yes but it is not overpowering and if you enjoy Caesar salad you should like it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The best thing that I ever had was Beef Chateaubriand, which was severed on a 6 day cruise. Hopefully it is served again my my 7 day in May.

I love this too. Also the short ribs, tho I have never in my life had a SPARE rib. The short ribs served with the filet on elegant night are awesome! I also love the sliced meat with gravy at the lunch buffet. I imagine it is "pot roast" but the gravy is out of this world and the meat is always very tender. Of course, I have to have a pile of mashed potatoes to soak up the gravy too! ;) And I LOVE the potato salad on the lunch buffet. They have tiny bits of red onion in it and it's just the way I like it. And their "banana" bread at the breakfast buffet is very good too. It does not taste like banana really, it reminds me of date nut bread my mom used to serve us all the time. Slather some cream cheese on top! :) Why oh why have I gained 5 lbs since I started reading this thread?? :confused:

are you normally into Mexican food? The arepas and huevos rancheros were great on our cruise--but it is basically simple, taqueria type food, and I think most of the clientele prefer more of the usual American breakfast (bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc.).

I do like quesadillas, tacos, taco bowls etc. I just found the food at BI bland but I didn't add anything additional from the salsa bar like I prob should have. Will try again next time I'm on a ship with BI.