Favorite Foods

DebbieMo

Like the key lime pie, glad it doesn't have graham cracker crust.

Some of the soups on Lido are good if they are hot.

Sometimes you can get a good piece of fried chicken.

Mongolian Wok is good. Got the hot sauce once and I was burning up, had to ask for some milk and he gave me chocolate milk to put out the fire.

Like Guy's and the fries, too big a burger though, usually can't eat the whole thing. Like the sides there to add like the sautéed mushrooms.

I LOVE Guy's burgers, but I am not a fan of the fries. I wish they would offer them plain or seasoned. I love the fixins bar, tho. My favorite sandwich at the deli is the turkey wrap. I take the wrap to the fixin's bar and load up on bacon pieces and extra mayo and I make a "dip" for my wrap.

In the MDR my absolute favorite is the Chateaubriand. It has been awesome on every cruise I've had it. Amazingly enough, the pot roast is excellent as well.

On Lido...where do I start?! Guy's burgers! Pig patty!! With LOADS of toppings and a shot of hot sauce!!! Blue Iguana breakfast burritos! The Ruben from the deli is divine. Especially if you ask them to make it a double! Love Mongolian wok. Chopsticks on the Victory was pretty much my "go to" every day!

And don't forget the coffee shop! Their layer cakes and Black Forest cake are simply awesome!

I have had that key lime pie at the lido buffet, on embarkation day, but not seen it there after, however have enjoyed a similar type mango pie, and a banana cream pie, similar to the sea day brunch one, all delicious.

some of my favorite foods are, again in no particular order, but on my last cruise, got to try American table for the first time, and did love the tiramisu dessert, as well as the smores parfait. enjoyed that portobello mushroom meal, and the cornmeal crusted chicken. And still enjoy the caesar salad.

I loved the tandoor on Splendor last year, but there are not many ships that have it anymore. I, who is not a breakfast person, does very much enjoy the lido breakfast buffet on Carnival ships. Love the banana bread that some one mentioned. Also love the chocolate muffins on the continental breakfast buffet, as well as those spirally cinnamon pastries. I even like the scrambled eggs that so many like to complain about lol.

finally, room service; gone is that delicious shrimp salad on a bun, and the fajita wrap that I used to love, but they still have the chocolate cake! love that chocolate cake! all for now.

Lobster

Chilled peach soup

Lobster

Chilled strawberry soup

Lobster

Creme Brulee

Lobster

Guy's burger

Lobster

Hmm I think you forgot to mention lobster [emoji6]. Sadly the lobster I had on Glory last summer was way over cooked. I did not like it at all but the shrimp was really good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sadly as an adult one of my favorite things in the PB&J from Room service with chips.

Mine too!!!! :'):') I add on chocolate chip cookies. It's my favorite thing to order from room service when settling in for the evening and winding down.

I LOVE Guy's burgers, but I am not a fan of the fries. I wish they would offer them plain or seasoned. I love the fixins bar, tho. My favorite sandwich at the deli is the turkey wrap. I take the wrap to the fixin's bar and load up on bacon pieces and extra mayo and I make a "dip" for my wrap.

You can get them plain - you just need to ask and be willing to wait for a fresh batch out of the fryer. My dad can't eat too much of that seasoning (it gives him bad heartburn) so he'll ask for the fries plain and wait for a fresh batch. They just separate out some unseasoned ones and then season the rest.

For me, my most absolutely favourite thing is the Chipotle Mayo they have at Guy's burger. I could put that on cardboard and it would taste good.

You can get them plain - you just need to ask and be willing to wait for a fresh batch out of the fryer. My dad can't eat too much of that seasoning (it gives him bad heartburn) so he'll ask for the fries plain and wait for a fresh batch. They just separate out some unseasoned ones and then season the rest.

For me, my most absolutely favourite thing is the Chipotle Mayo they have at Guy's burger. I could put that on cardboard and it would taste good.

Thanks, Trisha, I will have to remember that about the fries AND the mayo when WE go on Pride next January! Liberty had the fish and chips and they had the BEST fries, so I would always go up and get a basket, then get on line at Guys for my burger. Course, by the time I got the burger, I had eaten almost all the fries! :eek:

<making a note to try the chipotle mayo on Vista in October>

So, my faves....

• Beef brisket from Ol' Fashioned Barbecue (although the pulled pork is a close second). Free/included and people don't discover the place until the third day ;)
  • Lasagna from Pizza Pirate Plus (11pm - 1am on designated ships). The sausage hero was good too.
  • Pizza Pirate in general...so much better than Sorrento's on Royal. (That Sorrento dude has a lot to answer for :) )
  • Mongolian Wok. Wish it was on all ships. Curious to see how JiJi's does it for lunch on Vista
  • Guy's Burgers, either plain-Jane and topped at the bar or "The Ringer." Best burger at sea.
  • Steak and eggs during seaday brunch...yumm.
  • Breakfast burritos at Blue Iguana Cantina...and even better, there's seldom a line!
  • Pastrami reuben at the Carnival Deli
  • Swirls...but I actually like the fro-yo better than the soft-serve ice cream
  • MDR: lasagna Bolognese (sadly missing my last two cruises), WCMC, prime rib, short ribs, Caesar salad (and yes the dressing does taste a bit of anchovies but I can tolerate it), a lot of other stuff. My last cruise, every night in the MDR was a winner and that hasn't happened in a while
  • Lido buffet: salad fixings, plus other choices. On our last cruise we didn't have to go there much because of all the other choices, which is one reason why Carnival is awesome

DebbieMo - last year when we were making all of our plans for our Splendor cruise, you shared a wonderful spreadsheet of all the food venues on the ship, along with menus where available. We loved it!!

This year, we are headed to the Magic. Since I've seen other spreadsheets you've done for various ships, may I ask if you've made one for Magic?

If so....I would love it!!

DebbieMo - last year when we were making all of our plans for our Splendor cruise, you shared a wonderful spreadsheet of all the food venues on the ship, along with menus where available. We loved it!!

This year, we are headed to the Magic. Since I've seen other spreadsheets you've done for various ships, may I ask if you've made one for Magic?

If so....I would love it!!

Hi! Glad you found the spreadsheets useful!

theplanner2010 did one for Magic. Here is the link (see post 53 for latest version). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2318765

Any tips on Splendor?

Enjoy Magic, would love to sail her one day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the MDR..

1. pork chop with pureed carrots....the pork chop is very tender, and I could eat a litre of those carrots!

2. spring rolls

3. chilled fruit soups...all of them, but especially the cherry.

Lido buffet...

1. chocolate chip cookies. Don't know why they're so good. They don't look anything special! All the other desserts look awesome, but don't actually taste all that good. Not bad, just meh.

Blue Iguana

1. breakfast burrito....the crispy hash brown makes them delicious. Sour cream and salsa on the side.

Deli

1. Grilled ham and cheese. I always ask for less ham, because they put on way too much!

Pizza place

1. Quatro formaggio pizza with added pepperoni....I learned about this from another reviewer, and it's so good!

Beverages

1. The hot chocolate is so so good! I usually get one in the MDR to have with my dessert, then later I get one from the Lido buffet to have with my bedtime snack of pizza or deli sandwich.

Warm chocolate melting cake every night in MDR

Creme brûlée

Cold strawberry bisque

Chocolate pana cotta (MDR)

Room service chocolate chip cookies (bring a Baggie and store them for the rest of the cruise)

Dark chocolate tuxedo strawberries (coffee shop)

Hot chocolate

Chocolate muffins and lemon cake (brunch)

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!