$7.95 Room Service Charge

I was replying to the comment about everyone​ ordering "obscene amounts of food" as a form of protest, i.e., deliberately wasting food.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Yes, that's indeed what you were stating by saying that you respond to cold, hard facts the way the typical American consumer responds to marketing language. Perhaps you meant to say something else (like there is nothing they can say that would make you feel good about this change)?

Well, my interpretation of Ocean Boy's remark was not the same as yours. You might want to tone down the arrogance a little bit.

The point is that you claimed that you respond well to the hard, cold truth, but the response that the cruise line is going for is, as I indicated, getting more money from people. Your response now indicates that you wouldn't respond to the hard, cold truth that way, so therefore you're effectively saying that the cruise line cannot make inclined to give them more money in light of this change. So they focus on making other people feel good about this change instead, since that's going to be more profitable.
You are kidding, right? Do you honestly think anyone believes the service charge is to benefit the customer? The cruise line adds a couple of menu items, declares how this is all for your benefit and how you should be so happy to fork over extra cash because they want to just enhance your experience. Uh, no. Marketing language is insulting to anyone who thinks.

You are kidding, right?

You might want to tone down the arrogance a little bit.

No the service charge isn't to benefit the customer. I never said anything of the sort. Rather, focusing on the strengths of your offering is a reliable approach to maximizing shareholder value. Even if you choose to take their doing so as an insult.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

You are kidding, right? Do you honestly think anyone believes the service charge is to benefit the customer? The cruise line adds a couple of menu items, declares how this is all for your benefit and how you should be so happy to fork over extra cash because they want to just enhance your experience. Uh, no. Marketing language is insulting to anyone who thinks.

I find the enhanced items to be fine and possibly worth the fee. Willing to give it a try. The old menu wasn't worth the wait

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

After living in western remote Alaska for the last three years and in a village of 400 the last 9 months I am looking forward to room service 7.95 or not. Being pampered will be a great thing. Either pay it or don't its your choice. When you stay at a nice hotel with room service they often add a delivery charge and you can either pay it or don't order. I really don't see much difference.

After living in western remote Alaska for the last three years and in a village of 400 the last 9 months I am looking forward to room service 7.95 or not. Being pampered will be a great thing. Either pay it or don't its your choice. When you stay at a nice hotel with room service they often add a delivery charge and you can either pay it or don't order. I really don't see much difference.

This is crazy, there are no enhancements by Royal; much like Alaska Airlines charging Coach passengers for cheap snacks, when Alaska used to give passengers free meals in coach!

Leaving on the Majesty this coming Friday. It better REALLY exciting dishes for the new fee!

*After March 27th, select sailings will start offering our enhanced room service with exciting new dishes for a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order. Continental breakfast remains complimentary and the delivery charge excludes Grand Suites and above.

Leaving on the Majesty this coming Friday. It better REALLY exciting dishes for the new fee!

*After March 27th, select sailings will start offering our enhanced room service with exciting new dishes for a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order. Continental breakfast remains complimentary and the delivery charge excludes Grand Suites and above.

I board Serenade the same day as you. We can compare notes. I intend to try almost everything

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Oh come on now......the hamburger has been re-named- Now you can order a $7.95 Royal Burger. Don't tell me that doesn't excite you ! :D

Making America great again!:D

I can't dispute your implication, but really please don't turn the thread political. It's just not appropriate in this forum.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Yes, that's indeed what you were stating by saying that you respond to cold, hard facts the way the typical American consumer responds to marketing language. Perhaps you meant to say something else (like there is nothing they can say that would make you feel good about this change)?

The point is that you claimed that you respond well to the hard, cold truth, but the response that the cruise line is going for is, as I indicated, getting more money from people. Your response now indicates that you wouldn't respond to the hard, cold truth that way, so therefore you're effectively saying that the cruise line cannot make inclined to give them more money in light of this change. So they focus on making other people feel good about this change instead, since that's going to be more profitable.

Thank you for answering my question, you do just like to be argumentative.:rolleyes:

Plus there you're up for $20-30 each dish!

I still don't see why room service is seen as an essential service, probably cause it's not.

This is crazy, there are no enhancements by Royal; much like Alaska Airlines charging Coach passengers for cheap snacks, when Alaska used to give passengers free meals in coach!

Nothing like that. You can still get the same meals included onboard, just if you want room service as an extra convenience, then it's still available but you pay for that convenience.

Biker, who is surprised that after being in effect for almost a week, no first hand reports of the food itself.

I thought I read a report from one person who said the rollout had been delayed on their sailing.

Thank you for answering my question, you do just like to be argumentative.:rolleyes:
That isn't anything close to what I said, and you're being rude. If you don't want to courteously engage in the discussion, then please ignore it.