$7.95 Room Service Charge

Oh well, just won't order room service and then consider different lines in the future, the less that's included the more likely I will be to move to a different line.

Also I seem to recall the brochures state that room service is included so by UK advertising law any charges would contradict the brochure, interesting

No you wont.... every mainstream market line is doing this..... so

You will pay exorbitant amount of money more for a higher class line.....

or you just wont order room service.

Honestly people, Cruising is growing exponentially. the market, sales, profits, ships. You can grip about it not being like "back in the day".... we you also had 40,000 ton ships and 10% of the people cruising then that are cruising now.

No you wont.... every mainstream market line is doing this..... so You will pay exorbitant amount of money more for a higher class line..... or you just wont order room service.
That's for posting. It's not great news, but knowing this we can perhaps better use that knowledge to our advantage.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I wonder if the line will keep track if now that people are paying, they order extra food just to feel like it is worth it to them and waste food as well. Then they'll go to a la carte most likely. Cruising is losing it's "all inclusiveness" slowly....You just have to weigh the pros and cons and see what is best for your situation for travel.

The fact they have to offer specials/freebies to get people to book certain rooms and book the specialty restaurants on certain nights, says a lot. If there was big demand, there would be no "specials". And whether it is really special is debatable, just like the sales. Just my opinion of course.

After one week on LOS, I can't recall a single item in the MDR, Golden Corral aka Windjammer, or any of the specialty restaurants that I would pay $7.95 to have delivered to the room. Period.

Agree 100%,because,next ,it will be $9.00 then extra for this etc...Room Service was enjoyed tremendously, the ads showing breakfast on balcony lured me to a balcony. Going back to outside cabin

I wonder how long will this expression of unhappiness go on. For those that sail NCL or other cruise lines that instituted a fee for room service, is the unhappiness still going on and how many have threatened/stopped cruising simply because of the fee.

Ps. Originally, I had griping, but after having my morning tea, I had 2nd thoughts. LOL

~ Morning All ~

We are preparing 2 leave on the Rhapsody of the Seas !

After reading all the complaints , I wanted to bring a positive outlook to this ! :cool:

When ever we cruise / just like at home ! I'm up first , making the coffee / or on the cruise ship ! ~ I'm at the Lounge or somewhere that has coffee / tea / danish's and such ! When my better half gets awake enough for coffee , I have it waiting 4 her & a hot chocolate for our daughter ! Then as a family we go and have breakfast . instead of eating in our room.

Granted the late nite food delivery is handy , Yet really there's nothing I can think of I'd need to pay to have it delivered to my room / That we , I can't just go and just get something .. ( And for those wondering ) We keep some supplies of cereals , cookies and fruit in our room at all times ! as well as the ice bucket full of ice .. which is our nite time / bed time glass of ice water instead of out of the tap!

Yes it's messed they are nickle and dime'ing when that's not what cruising is suppose to be about !

Have a nice day !

J.L.

After one week on LOS, I can't recall a single item in the MDR, Golden Corral aka Windjammer, or any of the specialty restaurants that I would pay $7.95 to have delivered to the room.

Can you get the room service wings anywhere else?

1021a96da0d107edc6bc828633d886b4.jpg