Celebrity Management Logic

jackjia199637

Key marketing tagline:

“On this stunning new ship we will bring our guests even closer to the must-see destinations of the world, while indulging them on board in the most luxurious accommodation, the finest culinary experiences, and the best hospitality delivered by our dedicated staff,”

"Allow us to reach ports not possible before"

"Small ship with big amenities"

& Places it in freaking Caribbean, as if the space there is not crowded enough with four Oasis class and every other ship swarming the place during Winter.

Well I guess the plus side is at least there isn't Nassu.

Love the ship reveal, very... very disappointed with the East/West Caribbean offering. Really was hoping they would offer unique ports for once given the unique ship size

Where did you thinkthey'd put it in the winter? 7 day Caribbean will give it the most exposure for the most $$$$. Doesn't sound too crazy to me. If put her on 14 day Asian itineraries everyone would whine about that one too.

I was expecting it tbh, but at least hoped for brand new, more unique ports, such as certain unique islands that are smaller with less tourists.

I don't know about you guys but I am tired of the same old offering with the addition of key west.

Guess I will wait to see where the second ship gets deployed at or hope the ship will get a quick EU season before going to Caribbean.

I am not necessarily looking for a 14 day Asia thing but rather, anything that is refreshingly new - Which seems to be what was teased for the last two years.

Dec to April in the Caribbean doesn't mean that is will the Edge will be longer term. Launching in December means either South America or Asia neither of which, IMHO, would get the exposure or bookings that the Caribbean has gotten.

Where did you think they'd put it in the winter? 7 day Caribbean will give it the most exposure for the most $$$$. Doesn't sound too crazy to me. If they put her on 14 day Asian itineraries everyone would whine about that one too.

Hi Cruise Junky,

Things rarely amaze me, but yes - I've been amazed at how many are griping about Edge's Caribbean deployment. Really ? Were they expecting Mars ? :)

I've noticed comments about Asia. IMO, that's a huge gamble for a ship that will probably cost about a billion dollars. If they went with Asia and it failed, some would probably be unemployed. Why would they risk it ? Maybe with Beyond or ship # 3... but even then, I wouldn't bet the house on it. Also agree that no matter where she was deployed, many would have something to complain about.

Celebrity did *exactly* what I thought they would do. 7 Day Caribbean from Florida. The safe bet. No shock here, and it's a smart business decision. This is a new class of ship, and they want to get as many guests (both new to Celebrity and loyalists) onboard as possible. Their best chance of attaining that goal, is from a tried and true Cruise home port, and they have it in Port Everglades.

I'd also love to see longer Edge Caribbean itineraries, but I suspect that's not going to happen until later in the Edge cycle - perhaps ship 3 or 4. Time will tell.

Hi Cruise Junky,

Things rarely amaze me, but yes - I've been amazed at how many are griping about Edge's Caribbean deployment. Really ? Were they expecting Mars ? :)

I've noticed comments about Asia. IMO, that's a huge gamble for a ship that will probably cost about a billion dollars. If they went with Asia and it failed, some would probably be unemployed. Why would they risk it ? Maybe with Beyond or ship # 3... but even then, I wouldn't bet the house on it. Also agree that no matter where she was deployed, many would have something to complain about.

Celebrity did *exactly* what I thought they would do. 7 Day Caribbean from Florida. The safe bet. No shock here, and it's a smart business decision. This is a new class of ship, and they want to get as many guests (both new to Celebrity and loyalists) onboard as possible. Their best chance of attaining that goal, is from a tried and true Cruise home port, and they have it in Port Everglades.

I'd also love to see longer Edge Caribbean itineraries, but I suspect that's not going to happen until later in the Edge cycle - perhaps ship 3 or 4. Time will tell.

Agree, the interesting thing will be what they do in April of 19.

Agree... they could have picked less 'run of the mill' ports. The itineraries certainly don't inspire me to pay edge prices when I can do that exact same itinerary on ANY cruise line. [emoji20]

But they didn't need to: these sailings are going like hotcakes, and prices rose several times in the first 24 hours.

Key marketing tagline:

“On this stunning new ship we will bring our guests even closer to the must-see destinations of the world, while indulging them on board in the most luxurious accommodation, the finest culinary experiences, and the best hospitality delivered by our dedicated staff,”

& Places it in freaking Caribbean, as if the space there is not crowded enough with four Oasis class and every other ship swarming the place during Winter.

Love the ship reveal, very... very disappointed with the East/West Caribbean offering. Really was hoping they would offer unique ports for once given the unique ship size

They have to make the new ship and its design available to as many prospective cruisers as possible early on (as well as travel agents who wind up selling their product). That simply isn't going to happen on longer cruises or more exotic locations. So, this is their initial schedule and it makes a lot of sense, particularly at that time of year.

Let's be honest, no one is booking the Edge for the ports right now. Everyone wants to sail on the latest and greatest ship X has. If it were for the ports/itineraries, people would book the Silhouette, Equinox or Summit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's be honest, no one is booking the Edge for the ports right now. Everyone wants to sail on the latest and greatest ship X has. If it were for the ports/itineraries, people would book the Silhouette, Equinox or Summit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Of course they were going to have this ship doing 7 day alternating Eastern/Western itineraries. I am sure once the other sister ships launch, you will see Edge move to another area, just like Solstice did.

I really do not care for the Eastern Caribbean itineraries that X does on their 7 days but I booked it anyway because I want to stay on the ship as much as possible to enjoy and explore as much as I can and not worry about port days.

That is my 2 cents :)

Agree... they could have picked less 'run of the mill' ports. The itineraries certainly don't inspire me to pay edge prices when I can do that exact same itinerary on ANY cruise line. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was ready to pull the trigger, then I saw the ports....... going to go with Oasis 4 instead.

Understood, but why should we pay to a part of their own marketing effort?

LOL...what do you expect? That they will invite you for free? So...don't speculate, don't book until they offer you a free cruise to "market" their new ship.

You missed the whole point. They are going to launch this ship where they will get the most exposure to travel agents and cruisers. Yes, that is part of the marketing strategy. It makes sense.

Key marketing tagline:

I completely agree. What a waste of what looks to be a beautiful ship.