Room service

bibliosandy

Since you say "HC" I'm assuming a Princess ship. I'd ask this on the Princess board. My guess is that even if you can get room service at all for lunch on embarkation day, the wait would be longer than just toughing it out in the buffet line.

Is room service a charge per cabin vs per person?

I never did it in the past but on a bigger ship and for a midnight snack or private breakfast/lunch/ dinner away from the crowds it is something I may consider if the needs arises.

Even if the charge is per person, I don't have to schlep from my cabin and the cost is less than a movie ticket.

Heck, I am on vacation, time to chill!

Depends on which cruise line. Sometimes everything on the room service menu is free. Sometimes part of it is free and some items have a per item charge. Most people tip a few dollars to the delivery person

Seems you'll be cruising on Island Princess so no International Café when you are too late for lunch in the MDR and find HC too crowded.

Other than room service there's always the Grill or Pizza. Room service which is at no charge is likely to be shower than normal on embarkation day.

If I miss the lunch at the MDR on the embarking day and the line is too long at the HC how long is the wait if I order room service?

Aside from MDR and HC on Princess, other options and locations are listed on the Patter.