Celebrity Status Match

We are Diamond Plus on RCCL. We are looking at a Celebrity Cruise. I know our "points" don't accumulate, but I was wondering what type of perks we can expect and will we be able to use our balcony discount? Thanks everyone!

Also diamond plus and made a transatlantic reservation with Celebrity. You will be Elite with them. It appears they have the evening cocktails but NO 3 drink in any bar added to your sea pass. Also no welcome aboard or extra amenities like diamond plus has on Royal. I see you get a discount on photo but not a free one. In addition, NO BALCONY DISCOUNT. We were given a $100 price reduction on each of our fares. So $200 off list price, but not $350 like it would have been on Royal. We booked the cruise for the itinerary. Cruise ends in Dublin. Royal has no cruise that ends in Dublin.

We are Diamond Plus on RCCL. We are looking at a Celebrity Cruise. I know our "points" don't accumulate, but I was wondering what type of perks we can expect and will we be able to use our balcony discount? Thanks everyone!

Celebrity does not offer balcony discounts at all.

I'm not positive about this, but after reading info on Celebrity, if you signed up with them prior to becoming D +, it sounded to me like they were saying you would have to accumulate points through them, to move up in status. Meaning if you signed up with them and told them your RCI loyalty number, when you were say gold, then you would have to cruise with celebrity, and accumulate points with them, to move up to their next level.

If you didn't already give them your C&A number, while at a lower level, then no worries. If you did, maybe someone else can confirm or say I have it all wrong.

Also diamond plus and made a transatlantic reservation with Celebrity. You will be Elite with them. It appears they have the evening cocktails but NO 3 drink in any bar added to your sea pass. Also no welcome aboard or extra amenities like diamond plus has on Royal. I see you get a discount on photo but not a free one. In addition, NO BALCONY DISCOUNT. We were given a $100 price reduction on each of our fares. So $200 off list price, but not $350 like it would have been on Royal. We booked the cruise for the itinerary. Cruise ends in Dublin. Royal has no cruise that ends in Dublin.

Actually, I've seen on the Celebrity forum where they have done this but apparently they only do that when there are too many Elites for the nightly event, which might be the case on a TA.

I'm not positive about this, but after reading info on Celebrity, if you signed up with them prior to becoming D +, it sounded to me like they were saying you would have to accumulate points through them, to move up in status. Meaning if you signed up with them and told them your RCI loyalty number, when you were say gold, then you would have to cruise with celebrity, and accumulate points with them, to move up to their next level.

If you didn't already give them your C&A number, while at a lower level, then no worries. If you did, maybe someone else can confirm or say I have it all wrong.

Timing doesn't matter, if you are D and up, you will be Elite no matter what. As long as you have a Captains Club account, it should automatically do all this for you - the RCI C&A and Celebrity CC accounts are linked. Actually this sometimes causes issue as changing address on one will screw up the other.

Thank you for the quick response. However, it wasn't what I was hoping for.:(

Oh well, we may rethink that one. We liked the Reflection with an overnight in Cartagena. hmmmmmmmm

While Celebrity does not have a balcony discount, they do have free category upgrades for their Captain's Club members. It would be a minor category upgrade, like from a D3 to a D2.

I am Elite Plus on Celebrity, Diamond on RCCL--without need of reciprocity...

With the exception of the longer drinking lounge hours on RCCL, I actually like the Celebrity Elite perks more (of course, my Elite Plus perks are even better, but you don't get reciprocity to that level).

Here is what you get as Elite on Celebrity:

Free drinks from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm in a reserved area in the Sky Lounge.(except embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

Complimentary 90-minute Internet package per person

Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment per personComplimentary pressing of two items per personOne complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) per person on every sailingA private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of CallElegant tea

A Complimentary wine tasting event

Senior Officers' Cocktail Party

One Complimentary scoop of gelato per person from the Gelateria

A few other things, but that's most of it...

There is no discount on balconies as on RCCL...but there is a free one category upgrade, if available, not including Aqua and above and only within the major classifications (like from a 2D balcony to a 2C Balcony--but NOT from an OV to a 2D Balcony)...And, this is tricky, you may have to ask for it...

Celebrity's one category upgrade can work out a good deal where they have low prices on the partially obstructed 2C balcony cabins which then allows you to upgrade free to a non obstructed 2B Balcony cabin.

The 90 minute internet package can be traded in for a 30% discount on an unlimited internet package instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk