Haven Lounge vs RCCL Suite Lounge

hisleepy

Question on what is offered at the Haven Lounge. Royal's Suite Lounge offers free pop, bottle water, alcoholic drinks at happy hour, does Haven Lounge offer something similar? Thanks.

Which ship? It won't vary much, but typically in the area by the pool, you'll have water, coffee, a juice, short breads, cookies, and some candy (M&Ms and/or gummies). If a ship with a restaurant in Haven, you can go there for B, L, D. On the BA you can order off a small menu for lunch by the pool.

The difference is that the Haven IS the suite lounge!

RCCL doesn't have a suite lounge that has a private pool, private bars, private restaurants for suite guests. RCCL doesn't have private hot tubs and completely dedicated private sun deck for suite guests. Haven guests get a lot more than a concierge lounge, that's the big difference.

RCCL doesn't have a suite lounge that has a private pool, private bars, private restaurants for suite guests. RCCL doesn't have private hot tubs and completely dedicated private sun deck for suite guests. Haven guests get a lot more than a concierge lounge, that's the big difference.

While I've never experienced the Haven Suite (yet), I have experienced the Suite Lounge on Harmony OTS (RCCL).

RCCL Suite Louge has the following perks:

- dedicated suite restaurant (Serving B, L, D)

- dedicated suite lounge (serving unlimited cocktails from 5 - 8), beer, wine, soda & bottled water 24 hours

- dedicated private suite sundeck with private bar and hot tub.

- private beach on RCCL's private island

- dedicated Concierge

- reserved seating at all shows (except Comedy Club)

While I've never experienced the Haven Suite (yet), I have experienced the Suite Lounge on Harmony OTS (RCCL).

- dedicated suite lounge (serving unlimited cocktails from 5 - 8), beer, wine, soda & bottled water 24 hours

- dedicated Concierge

Wish the suite restaurant and sundeck with private bar and hot tub was on all RCCL ships! Just off my first RCCL sailing in a GS and our suite lounge was ALWAYS empty - no staff. It did have self-serve drinks and appetizers from 5-8, and a (admittedly very nice) coffee/cappuccino machine, though. We only used the lounge once (when the line to get a drink at a bar was too long), since I had the beverage package. The concierge never reached out to us and we never even met her. I'm running back to NCL and not looking back. :D

Harmony of the seas does have a private sun deck with hot tubs and cabanas for sky and star suite guests. :D

- dedicated Concierge

I love my sky class suite experience on Harmony, and I wonder if Haven on Getaway provides the same thing. I don't think I need a butler/genie, I just wonder if I need to purchase any pop and water package, because I don't need to on RCCL oasis and quantum classes ships.

There is water, not bottled just with ice, there was iced tea and/or lemonade out at most times during the day. There is no free soda anywhere on NCL that I am familiar with...

Based on limited experience, I would say RCCL has the edge in amenities to a point, but NCL has MUCH better service. Of course it depends on the ship, etc as facilities and staff vary greatly.

There is water, not bottled just with ice, there was iced tea and/or lemonade out at most times during the day. There is no free soda anywhere on NCL that I am familiar with...

Based on limited experience, I would say RCCL has the edge in amenities to a point, but NCL has MUCH better service. Of course it depends on the ship, etc as facilities and staff vary greatly.

Soda and bottled water are included on NCL in GV and Owners Suites.

And I cannot imagine any ship having better suite amenities than the Epic that I just cruised on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As noted, RCCL provides a happy hour with free drinks or an included beverage package, and some alcohol and soda/water free at all times (at least on Oasis class) and their poolside service is a bit better (the poolside venue - I prefer NCL)

At the higher levels on RCCL, you get one or more (not your choice, depends on class) of unlimited specialty dining (highest), unlimited internet (middle and highest), special activities (such as flowrider and skydiving classes) (all) - butler service is only at the highest level I think. and a few others. Plus their private beach area is more developed.

It's hard to make an apples to apples comparison because of A> difference in ships and B> the levels at RCCL compared to NCLs relatively flat system.

Soda and bottled water are included on NCL in GV and Owners Suites.

And I cannot imagine any ship having better suite amenities than the Epic that I just cruised on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a haven guest you will get unlimited internet, SDP 3-5 nights depending on length of cruise, UBP includes free drinks all day anywhere on the ship and on GSC and sometimes free gratuities. Non of those are complimentary in RCCL suites except the 3 hour happy hour in the concierge lounge.

Actually, see my post above - you do get some of these depending on your suite level at RCCL. Also, unless things have changed suites get 250 min internet credit as part of free at sea, not unlimited.

Also, the SDP, UBP, Internet are not suite perks per se. They are part of the Free at Sea promotion, of which suites get the most choices. So, if NCL changes Free at Sea, they change, at RCCL they are standard perks with all suites in addition to any promos. (Yes, its likely Free at Sea will be around for a while but the perks have changed, for example the reduction in meals on the SDP). And the UDP has a price cap. (Are suites paying gratuities on packages yet?)

As a haven guest you will get unlimited internet, SDP 3-5 nights depending on length of cruise, UBP includes free drinks all day anywhere on the ship and on GSC and sometimes free gratuities. Non of those are complimentary in RCCL suites except the 3 hour happy hour in the concierge lounge.

Haven itself does not seem to come with those perks, we get those perks if we book with the current Free @ Sea promo. I just booked a Haven Penhouse suite (H6) on Getaway with Canada @ Par promo, and that doesn't include the perks that you mentioned. And my TA confirmed that Haven restaurant and lounge does not provide free soda, and UBP doesn't cover bottled water.

RCCL provides unlimited internet, free soda and bottled water in their Oasis class and Quantum class suite restaurant and lounge to all Sky and Star suites (basically non JS) guests, without any special promo.

Edited by hisleepy

(Are suites paying gratuities on packages yet?)

No, and they probably won't. Since they are not a choice and there is no option to book a suite at "Norwegian Rate" (no promos), they are automatically thrown in. If NCL wants more money, they'll just continue to raise suite prices.