If you find there are large groups on your sailing, Can you cancel?

manmtnmike

On a recent cruise we encountered a group that took over early dinner. Because of some of their dinner activities they did not vacate the dinning room in a normal timeframe. Therefore our dinner time was delayed some times over an hour. Complaining to the ships officers,the hotel manager had no effect. He said he could not control their behavior. Also they had their own shows in the theater. Once again they got what they wanted to the detriment to the rest of us. If I know I would never do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've sailed with that motorcycle group before on Eclipse. They were absolutely some of the nicest people you'd want to meet and their bikes were beautiful. You wouldn't know they were in the group unless they told you or you watched them get the bikes off the ship at each port.

We loved watching from our balcony as they's unload and ride off. No impact on the ship life what ever.

Agree, they were on a cruise with us last summer to Bermuda on the Summit. Great group..

Just avoid American Doll cruises, and in some cases certain Religious groups...

On a positive note....we have only experienced one cruise with a large group on another cruise line....Every sea day the group went to 'events' between 10 and 12 in the morning and 2 and 4 pm leaving the poolside almost empty! Each port day they were all off in a fleet of buses and didn't board until near sailing again leaving the pool really quiet for those of us who had done our sightseeing early in the day. Also one of the few cruises we have ever been on where discounts were offered for excursions- I assume because no one from the big group was using them.

Having experienced a Florida hotel, however, being taken over by a school party for a Hallowe'en event I would have the same concerns as the OP....By the second day the management agreed to move us to sister hotel, not possible with a cruise.

to raise the hand: I'm the one mentioned here.., Ive canceled because of this big g... group.

I've had it once, a second time, no way....

may be it's not related to the specific guys, but more how does such a big group behave...,

a drink within the day mutate to a more, faster, drunk.....ends up in vomiting into MDR.

to raise the hand: I'm the one mentioned here.., Ive canceled because of this big g... group.

may be it's not related to the specific guys, but more how does such a big group behave...,

a drink within the day mutate to a more, faster, drunk.....ends up in vomiting into MDR.

Not sure what you are trying to say, but if I read this correctly......what does being gay have to do with drinking and throwing up in the dining room? You have to be gay to do this???

How do you find out if there is a big group?

Not sure what you are trying to say, but if I read this correctly......what does being gay have to do with drinking and throwing up in the dining room? You have to be gay to do this???

nothing with the gay guys, but this was the first time, and hopefully the last, I've had such a big group on a cruise.

I'll try to avoid big groups..., bad luck the big group I've had are gay....and had this rude and arrogant behaiver, like this ship is ours....., may be thats a big group thing....

It's not bigotry to look at the expected behavior of a group of people based on their age and status. "Party animals" who are loud, drunk and obnoxious can ruin your fun. If you have experienced that a particular gay advocacy group had loud, obnoxious drunks that were vomiting in the MDR you would want to avoid cruising with them again.

I would expect "party animals" on cruises with a lot of single young people no matter their orientation. So yeah, I would not want to be on a cruise where 10% of the pax are party animals, whether or not they are Jewish school children, gay people, the Young Basque Separatists of Sierra Leon or Young Republicans. It has nothing to do with their religion, orientation, anarchist or political views. It has to do with their behavior that infringes on my cruise experience.

We've been lucky ... even our Spring Break cruise on a four day NCL "party boat" ended up being fun with very few obnoxious college students ... most were very nice.

On a positive note....we have only experienced one cruise with a large group on another cruise line....Every sea day the group went to 'events' between 10 and 12 in the morning and 2 and 4 pm leaving the poolside almost empty!

We had the same experience a few years ago. A large religious group and a direct sales/pyramid scheme group onboard at the same time. They both had events and meetings all day. Instead of chair hogs at the pool, you could show up at noon and spread out over 4 loungers if you wanted and never bother a person. It actually made for a really nice afternoon!

PLEASE NOTE:

This was the starting post.

I know this has been an issue for some and just noted that our roll call has posted that 2 potentially large groups will be on board...

Their private functions are private. Not open to the public and reduces the available venues for the average pax.

Is there any recourse for those not booked through their TA's and group requirements?

Just curious... For us, we probably won't change.

Mike

The question is, what are the rights of booked passengers who discover that a large group has also booked on their cruise. Please stay on topic.

Thanks.

How do you find out if there is a large group that is booked?

Go to "themecruiser.com" They can let you know what groups will be on a particular cruise. If you are past final payment, there's not much you can do.