Lanyards

This is our first time on RCI. Previously sailed on Disney and upon check-in they gave us a lanyard for our sea pass. Does RCI issue a lanyard? Would like to know so that if they don't I can plan ahead to bring something for our cards.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bring your Disney one...no need to buy another! Or...any! Stick you card in a pocket (if you're a man) or in your small purse (if you're a woman who needs tissues, lipstick, comb, etc...like most of us do!)

I have erased my sea pass a few time by placing it in my pocket beside the camera or phone. The magnetic strip on these is not very strong

This is our first time on RCI. Previously sailed on Disney and upon check-in they gave us a lanyard for our sea pass. Does RCI issue a lanyard? Would like to know so that if they don't I can plan ahead to bring something for our cards.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time we went they where giving the kids lanyards and punching holes in the kids club for the kids. Easier to bring your own.

lanyards scream tourist. Will never wear one

Very true...but I scream louder when I misplace my card. Which I have but won't again...because I wear a lanyard. :')

It is also true that I won't wear one off the ship, when looking touristy is much more of a concern. But on board? If it helps me relax and not stress, yup I'm wearing one.

Very true...but I scream louder when I misplace my card. Which I have but won't again...because I wear a lanyard. :')

It is also true that I won't wear one off the ship, when looking touristy is much more of a concern. But on board? If it helps me relax and not stress, yup I'm wearing one.

Exactly. Who cares​ on the ship?!

Allure of the Seas February 2017

Freedom of the Seas February 2018

Harmony of the Seas February 2019

Jan. 2017 on Anthem where they would not punch a hole in the keycard because it would interfere with the technology loaded on the card. Suggested we buy a lanyard with the clear pocket at shipboard shop. Feb. 2017 on Allure and they gladly punched, also had a self service hole punch at guest services.

WE just got off the Freedom of the Seas and guess what? I wore my DISNEY lanyard to hold my card. Nobody said anything. I did appreciate those little gifts Disney left in the cabin on our past cruises. Go ahead and bring your lanyard. Never thought it looked like a tourist even though EVERY PASSENGER ON THE SHIP IS A TOURIST.

I prefer to not have the bulky plastic cardholder. I have had them punch a hole in my card that doesn't effect the magnetic strip for years.

Who has had trouble with them punching a hole in the card. I wear a slim cord that I attach my card to....... please tell me I won't have to wear a suitcase around my neck ;p

I do not have hubby carry my card so if it isn't hanging on my neck I am not spending money.