TV Show "Travel Guides" on a cruise

Got to love people on a relaxing holiday who take it as their god given right to tell others what they can and can't do.

A guy dressed in faded jeans and a polo shirt on one of our cruises had a go at DH about it not being formal night so why was he dressed up! DH was wearing a casual (and slightly crumpled) linen jacket with chinos, which he often wears on smart-casual nights if he's feeling a bit cool.

A guy dressed in faded jeans and a polo shirt on one of our cruises had a go at DH about it not being formal night so why was he dressed up! DH was wearing a casual (and slightly crumpled) linen jacket with chinos, which he often wears on smart-casual nights if he's feeling a bit cool.

I do not understand why some people have to be in other people's business, let the maître de deal with it (or not in most cases) but who cares. If I see something like that, I don't bother getting upset about it, I just remember, so that I have a story for another time.

Like the Lady who thought thongs were Formal wear, seeing her remonstrate with the Maitre de who ended up letting them in anyway was quite amusing.

It's bad enough when someone tries to tell you you're not dressed well enough, but when someone tries to tell you you're overdressed when their standard of dress is barely acceptable? :rolleyes: You just gotta laugh! :D

It's bad enough when someone tries to tell you you're not dressed well enough, but when someone tries to tell you you're overdressed when their standard of dress is barely acceptable? :rolleyes: You just gotta laugh! :D

Yeah two ends of the scale!! I guess we found our situation funny because we would never dream of going to the dining room in our swim wear:')......or lining up at 5pm for a 5.30pm dinner:rolleyes:

Better to just laugh it off and keep walking. :D

Yeah two ends of the scale!! I guess we found our situation funny because we would never dream of going to the dining room in our swim wear:')......or lining up at 5pm for a 5.30pm dinner:rolleyes:

Who wants to be eating when it is cocktail time, how ridiculous.:cool:

That's normal for us Novacastrians. people from Newcastle. We all love this city...:D

Laughed out loud that many times. That family with the son and daughter, I reckon they have a career on TV if they want it. They'd be a hoot on googlebox.

That's normal for us Novacastrians. people from Newcastle. We all love this city...:D

I think that whole family should be in a mental institution. It is not normal behaviour. It is disgraceful and it was racist the way they behaved towards the Japanese. They have shamed Newcastle and turned it into a laughing stock full of gutter trash and bogans.

They have been approached about some other shows, in fact got on this after trying out (the parents) for one of the cooking shows.

Doesn't seem to be hurting their Cafe either.

I think that whole family should be in a mental institution. It is not normal behaviour. It is disgraceful and it was racist the way they behaved towards the Japanese. They have shamed Newcastle and turned it into a laughing stock full of gutter trash and bogans.

Rubbish

They have been approached about some other shows, in fact got on this after trying out (the parents) for one of the cooking shows.

Doesn't seem to be hurting their Cafe either.

Yeah, good on em.......you would have to be an idiot to think that that was their normal behaviour;)

Acting it up for the camera, just like any other show, pushed by the producers to say and do stupid things.

I love Newy and certainly am not that naive to think that portrays everyone that lives there:rolleyes:

Like Newy even more now that my Panthers whooped them last night:')

Yeah, good on em.......you would have to be an idiot to think that that was their normal behaviour;)

Acting it up for the camera, just like any other show, pushed by the producers to say and do stupid things.

I love Newy and certainly am not that naive to think that portrays everyone that lives there:rolleyes:

Like Newy even more now that my Panthers whooped them last night:')

I predict a spoon in the Knights near future.

Gotta say I like Wauchope too.

I predict a spoon in the Knights near future.

Gotta say I like Wauchope too.

Thankyou Gut, you are welcome anytime;p but you will have to put up with a playful kelpie jumping all over you!!!

Thankyou Gut, you are welcome anytime;p but you will have to put up with a playful kelpie jumping all over you!!!

Head up for Court from time to time. And I'm most at home when I've got a dog around me.

I think it's pretty much time to replace my last one.

Head up for Court from time to time. And I'm most at home when I've got a dog around me.

I think it's pretty much time to replace my last one.

Well I may have seen you in a court room at some time, in opposition of course;)

Wauchope Courthouse, so old and country and the police station is right next door for tea break!!

Most matters are heard at Port though.

Everyone thinks our kelpie is young because of her excited nature, but she is about 9 years old.

Now how did we manage to go off topic:eek:

Well I may have seen you in a court room at some time, in opposition of course;)

Wauchope Courthouse, so old and country and the police station is right next door for tea break!!

Most matters are heard at Port though.

Everyone thinks our kelpie is young because of her excited nature, but she is about 9 years old.

Now how did we manage to go off topic:eek:

Family Court sits there at times.

Off topic.... on the Aussie boards, nope never happen.

I blame the Kardashians. Ever since their no claim to fame poxy faces appeared on TV it's been downhill since. Maybe I should blame OJ?

Started before the Kardashians.

Personally I HATE "reality" shows, also don't believe many, if any, are actually REAL.

Sad.

I suppose The Castle was the most appalling movie script ever written and brought shame upon our nation.

I'd wager that the Guides are pocketing a bit more than a handful of free holidays too.