Cruise from San Juan...

shellster1

I'm considering this cruise, but would not arrive in San Juan until 2:00pm the day of departure...(non-stop from Miami). I realize this is not ideal but I wouldn't be able to fly in the day before, so I'm wondering if it's doable:

According to Carnival's website, the 7-day cruise from San Juan departs at 10:00pm. Does this later departure time mean guests who can check-in later? Isn't the rule typically that guests must be on board one or two hours prior to departure?

Thanks!!

Depending on what month you are traveling, you should be fine. Weather can be a factor, and I always like to get the earliest flight out the morning of the cruise.

Price other lines as well, Celebrity can have similar prices than Carnival, especially in December, and on a much nicer ship.

Whatever you do, enjoy your cruise!

San Juan boarding for us was super quick for us. Went from Taxi to onboard without FTTF in about 25 mins. This was right at noon too so it was busy, yet still super fast. You should be good assuming no flight delays!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering this cruise, but would not arrive in San Juan until 2:00pm the day of departure...(non-stop from Miami). I realize this is not ideal but I wouldn't be able to fly in the day before, so I'm wondering if it's doable:

According to Carnival's website, the 7-day cruise from San Juan departs at 10:00pm. Does this later departure time mean guests who can check-in later? Isn't the rule typically that guests must be on board one or two hours prior to departure?

Thanks!!

Sailing out of San Juan is our favorite itinerary, and it is so much fun to set sail at night under the stars!

I would be worried about flying in the day of the cruise. We always fly in the day before since you never know if your flight will be cancelled or delayed. We have had too many flights delayed to take this risk, so I would be a nervous wreck flying in the day of! We like to spend the night at the Condado Hilton - beautiful hotel and very reasonable. Plus, it gives us a couple of days to enjoy San Juan before we set sail.

We flew to San Juan years ago to do a Southern. We got in to the ship around 5, and didn't know we should get back off and explore. This time, we are flying in Saturday and staying the night, checking in to the cruise early, and then exploring San Juan. I LOVE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN cruises!! Enjoy!

We did this cruise last year and hands down my favorite vacation EVER! Of course we were able to come days in advance and stay after as well...to explore PR. It was AMAZING!

My oldest daughter had been trying to book, but they were completely sold out weeks before our cruise. Two days ahead of time, a room opened up and she snagged it. The only flight she could get was the day of the cruise! She came in around 2pm I believe and we met her there (while returning our rental car) and off to the cruise port we went. It worked out great for her and there was plenty of time. :)