Carnival Pride Gangway

sabhoy

Just got off Pride last week. We boarded through a small tunnel walkway on the ground and entered on deck 0. When we debarked, we walked through the main gangway off deck 2.

Did you ask why the two separate ways? Curious minds want to know

Sent from my iPhone

Our local paper (I live in Alexandria VA) said it was back up a few weeks ago, but there was malfunction and it was not being used. Not sure yet if it's fixed again. We sail 4-30-17 so curious too. I am not opposed to not having to walk the ramps!;p

Our local paper (I live in Alexandria VA) said it was back up a few weeks ago, but there was malfunction and it was not being used. Not sure yet if it's fixed again. We sail 4-30-17 so curious too. I am not opposed to not having to walk the ramps!;p

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Has the Gangway been replaced yet at the Port of Baltimore?

We took the 3/12- 3/19 cruise a couple of weeks ago and boarded via the Gangway straight to deck 2, but on return exited on deck A. Beings it was our first cruise not sure if this is standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Wow I was on the Pride last May when the ship hit the gangway and will be back on the Pride May 14th...basically it took them almost a year to fix the gangway.

The old one looked pretty twisted. I'm sure that new sections had to be fabricated and most are made in Europe and have to be shipped over to the US. A complete new gangway can run into the millions of dollars. It was an expensive event, in any case.

The old one looked pretty twisted. I'm sure that new sections had to be fabricated and most are made in Europe and have to be shipped over to the US. A complete new gangway can run into the millions of dollars. It was an expensive event, in any case.

Yes, I read a report that pegged the repair/replacement cost two million.

I would think their insurance should have paid for it all but a deductible and yes it was pretty bad when we hit it it came crashing down on a truck. It took 2 hours extra to get off the boat.

Maritime P&I (Property & Indemnity) insurance is of the mutual insurance type, so all of the "insurance" money came from Carnival's pocket anyway. It will result in higher premiums to remain in the P&I club over the next few years.