P&O response to questions about gratuities.

terrierjohn

Not going to work regarding freedom dining. People are not going to tip every night.

That's why I would do away with it al together and put the price up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are the sort who like to say personal thank yous and realised that it was costing us a fortune as we were tipping twice .... one the onboard tips and another time the personal ones as we went.

Not sure how we get around that one as we really do like the personal approach so are probably going to take the automatic tips off this time for the first time.

If they were included in the price would be still leave a tip to say a personal thank you ..... probably feel like we would want to ..

Just received new Fred O brochure. On the front it says "cruises 3 for 2 or tips included every cruise". I think this is the way it will go. No OBC but tips included.

I agree in some way, but still like to say a personal thank you and think we would end up leaving a personal thank you for those who had gone over and above like we do in a restaurant / pub in the UK

Just received new Fred O brochure. On the front it says "cruises 3 for 2 or tips included every cruise". I think this is the way it will go. No OBC but tips included.

Pando are going that way I think. OBC is gradually reducing, for us ordinary types, anyway

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well that's fine by me. Include the tips and do away with the OBC. We normally book an inside, so OBC is minimal anyway. And yes, I would still give a small something to our steward and waiters.

Yup, dead right

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
so the myth of the laundry staff, cleaners etc etc all benefit from auto tips is officially debunked. Good to know.

The service charge is one of the cheapest in the industry and IMO the crew are always excellent and to date after 93 nights on mainly 7 night or less cruises i have never stopped my autogratuities.

so the myth of the laundry staff, cleaners etc etc all benefit from auto tips is officially debunked. Good to know.

Amazingly I have said this all along. :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app